Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
    You know what, I just remembered that Jordi said totem decay will only effect inactive tribes. No decay ( and therefore no upkeep) for active tribes. So I guess all this brainstorming is kind of pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    You know what, I just remembered that Jordi said totem decay will only effect inactive tribes. No decay ( and therefore no upkeep) for active tribes. So I guess all this brainstorming is kind of pointless.
    Not sure where you getting "No Decay" from, he says decay, and upkeep. (You must log in and visit your totem) is one of his ideas.
    Visiting your totem is 1 form of upkeep.

I would like to see more than just visit your totem as I think it would be great to kick start the economy.

We will implement totem decay for abandoned homesteads and tribes in the future, but this will take into effect only for players that have been completely inactive for a long period of time (6 to 9 months for example).
    I meant this. No decay, only in case of total inactivity.

I hope he atleast skims through this post, there is a lot of constructive ideas here. I find that unless coupled with some kind of upkeep or a pvp mechanic to attack totems, 6 months will be a long time to have abandoned totems be disruptive.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    I meant this. No decay, only in case of total inactivity.
    I like the part where he will get player feedback on it before any of it is put in.

Banden, I dont expect PVP options to be put in for totems at all. Once contested totem areas are put in, then I expect that type of stuff. Would I want it? Yes. But I wouldnt expect it. So I try to keep it out of any ideas I have.

I think in the suggestions (where these topics are meant to be talked about) this thread here on totem decay/upkeep/options.
    http://www.xsyon.com/forum/project.php?issueid=1230

You can see that clearly of the people reading it. (pretty good amount of people) They want something like that system.
    I would like to see emails go out to all the old players, and see what that survey says. That as Jadzia has said before is one of the best ways to get the feedback that Xsyon has been saying he would get from players.

I strongly believe that the feedback from the emails will show more of same of what is already showing in the totem suggestion there.

I too fully support emails and even a survey to find out the players views.

Then, I would expect him to implement what ever form of decay/upkeep that he feel they can actually pull off.

But I would strongly suggest they do something about any inactive totems that have been here longer than 6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    You can see that clearly of the people reading it.
    Just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Book View Post
    Just sayin'.
    Which is why I want email poll like others have said also and Ive said before.

Let us poll the active players to see what they think.

Quote Originally Posted by Mactavendish View Post
    Let us poll the active players to see what they think.
    Why not all the players that paid for the game?

I think active will still agree though, but I dont really see why only active and not email all the people like Xsyon said he would.