Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

So it seems my thread about a hacker was deleted..

So, my next question is, why are you trying to protect him?
    I see no reason why this should all be sweapted under the rug.
    Well unless one of the mods is corrupt. Trying to silence the truth.
    Which would already damage this games reputation further.

Do you want hackers in your game? Im sure that would help it survive.
    Both the IP address on that forum and the culprit match. That and a few
    other things linking the suspect in question is as damning evidence
    a real court would need. I want to know if something will be done about this.

If this post is closed/deleted i will just consider the mods here corrupt and broken,
    failing to do the job they have be requested to do.

If you suspect someone is cheating, report it privately to the guides/devs. It is against the TOS to post names of suspected cheaters in these forums

Munkir

Posts that contain names of suspected cheaters, or cheating allegations. All such allegations must be sent to an approved representative of Notorious Games and not be made public

A quick post to clear this up.

Moderators only work on the forums, they are not in game guides, that is a whole other division.

The moderators do not know who and who does not get in game infractions and are there for a neutral party.

I will temp reopen this thread for any concerns (not over riding Munkir's decision to lock since he did take appropriate action)

So if a member of the community openly admits he is macroing in game on the forums there is no consequence? I have seen happen this several times with no action taken just curious

Quote Originally Posted by Mizzlexx View Post
    So if a member of the community openly admits he is macroing in game on the forums there is no consequence? I have seen happen this several times with no action taken just curious
    I'd like to know the answer as well.

Not unless a player gets permanently banned from the game.

Bad analogy but only one I can come up with: It would be like telling a kid he can't ride the school bus for the next week because he didn't do his math homework.

The forum and game have different rules and run as separate entities.

If we did take action on both sides there would be a lot of people in game with infractions for saying stuff on the forum.

I also was in game and heard said person claim he knew how many ppl were on at the time, 48 to be excate. Doesn't mean it's true said person lies a lot so it's hard to tell when one is actually telling the truth. But I've seen some of the persons in that particular guild use macro's so using a trainer probably wouldn't be a big stretch for them

Quote Originally Posted by Virtus View Post

Bad analogy but only one I can come up with: It would be like telling a kid he can't ride the school bus for the next week because he didn't do his math homework.

If we did take action on both sides there would be a lot of people in game with infractions for saying stuff on the forum.
    so you're ssaying...those admittting to afk macroing in game...really arent afk macroing? or you just dont punish them?

Quote Originally Posted by Deacon View Post
    so you're ssaying...those admittting to afk macroing in game...really arent afk macroing? or you just dont punish them?
    I think what he's getting at is that they would actually need to be caught. People say a lot of dumb crap, doesn't always make it true.

Quote Originally Posted by Virtus View Post

but do the 2 departments not talk to each other? if someone repeatably admits on the forums they macro ingame, is there no link between mods and guides that that info can be relayed to 'flag' them to be watched?

a think a better analogy would be along the lines of:
    "someone can admit to selling drugs openly on the streets, but unless he walks into the police station where the officers work and admits it, nothing can be done about it"

granted the 2 aren't not one in the same, but making them mutually exclusive of each other isnt the best idea either.

Sure everything done on the forums should not be linked to guides needing to be involved. but when its a post on the forums, about something ingame, thats against the TOS..there should be a line of communication between the controlling forces of each side to work with each other.