Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    I dunno about you all...but I logged in last night for the first time in 2 weeks.

My tribe city has already been built to the max. My skills are where I want them to be. I decided I shall make a personal quest AND FIND SOMEONE ELSE IN GAME.

I found my guild mate. That was easy. He was the only other one of our 27ish members at the moment. We coordinated this, so it really isnt a "successful quest" due to that fact. I then proceeded to "quest" to find another person logged into this game...

THREE HOURS AND FORTY-EIGHT MINUTES LATER

I find myself bored and log out. I almost circled the lake entirely, stopping at EVERY totem looking for signs of life. Occasionally I asked in general chat "Is anyone there?" getting absolutely no answers what so ever. I didnt find a single player even sitting in their safezones anymore grinding.

FACE IT, CRAFT WORLD IS A FAIL. PEOPLE GET BORED OF IT QUICK. THERE IS NO REASON TO LOG IN.

Crafting currently works (almost) perfectly...and yet...NOBODY IS IN THIS GAME! WAKE UP!

CRAFT WORLD has already proven itself as a failure. Catering to anyone favoring that playstyle, at this point, is ensuring this sandboxes failure. It's time to start addressing combat/tribal warfare/balancing of equipment involving it. Else, go ahead and pull the plug and save everyone wasted time.

FACE IT.

Quote Originally Posted by JCatano View Post
    Can architecture structures be damaged by other players at any time?

As the game evolves yes. This won't be in for a while as towns are planned as safe zones in the Prelude, though I am considered tribes to allow to choose if they want to be warring tribes during the Prelude. Warring tribes will be able to attack each other.

---

After prelude- will tribes be able to conquer other tribe lands by destroying their totem?

Yes. How this will work is not fully decided yet. Since we first started working on Xsyon, many games have come out with some good ideas for this type of warfare. We're going to spend some time checking these out before we implement what we think is the best solution.

---

Always? Do I need to date those answers for you? He changed it once. It's time to change it back to the original idea.
    Regardless of how you interpret that statement, if they do implement starting totems able to be captured (not damaging the buildings inside, that is completely fine) then this game has no chance. That is an indisputable fact. However, being able to steal items out of baskets and destroy buildings etc will keep players into the game, not cause them to quit.

Having to repair damages and replace stolen goods is fine. Losing EVERY THING just causes players to quit. As is the case at least 90% of the time when a player's MMO account is hacked. This is essentially the same thing because for tribes (and especially larger ones), their account IS the tribe area...at least for a lot of people who put more work into the tribe than their own character). I could have 300 skill points to spend by now but I don't because I put more work into the tribe lands than into my character.

Apart from that one issue, the more options and destruction the better.

The options are realism from all land being able to be captured AND a lot more turnover as far as player population

OR

Damageable and loot able goods from main tribe totem (where exp. totem tribes will keep their most valuable goods anyways) will cause players to play MORE because they want to repair the buildings in their land (but at the cost of realism..in real life any thing can be conquered). But if they lose all of the land what do they have left? Nothing. It's like re rolling a new toon a year after the game came out.

Quote Originally Posted by Salvadore View Post
    I dunno about you all...but I logged in last night for the first time in 2 weeks.

My tribe city has already been built to the max. My skills are where I want them to be. I decided I shall make a personal quest AND FIND SOMEONE ELSE IN GAME.

I found my guild mate. That was easy. He was the only other one of our 27ish members at the moment. We coordinated this, so it really isnt a "successful quest" due to that fact. I then proceeded to "quest" to find another person logged into this game...

THREE HOURS AND FORTY-EIGHT MINUTES LATER

I find myself bored and log out. I almost circled the lake entirely, stopping at EVERY totem looking for signs of life. Occasionally I asked in general chat "Is anyone there?" getting absolutely no answers what so ever. I didnt find a single player even sitting in their safezones anymore grinding.

FACE IT, CRAFT WORLD IS A FAIL. PEOPLE GET BORED OF IT QUICK. THERE IS NO REASON TO LOG IN.

Crafting currently works (almost) perfectly...and yet...NOBODY IS IN THIS GAME! WAKE UP!

CRAFT WORLD has already proven itself as a failure. Catering to anyone favoring that playstyle, at this point, is ensuring this sandboxes failure. It's time to start addressing combat/tribal warfare/balancing of equipment involving it. Else, go ahead and pull the plug and save everyone wasted time.

FACE IT.
    I may agree with you about the craft world being fail, however, dont use this state of the game as the data to support that. Right now the game has many issues even crafters are unhappy with.

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalGooey View Post
    Regardless of how you interpret that statement, if they do implement starting totems able to be captured (not damaging the buildings inside, that is completely fine) then this game has no chance. That is an indisputable fact. However, being able to steal items out of baskets and destroy buildings etc will keep players into the game, not cause them to quit.

Having to repair damages and replace stolen goods is fine. Losing EVERY THING just causes players to quit. As is the case at least 90% of the time when a player's MMO account is hacked. This is essentially the same thing because for tribes (and especially larger ones), their account IS the tribe area. I could have 300 skill points to spend by now but I don't because I put more work into the tribe lands than into my character.

Apart from that one tiny issue, the more options and destruction the better.

The options are realism from all land being able to be captured AND a lot more turnover as far as player population

OR

Damageable and loot able goods from main tribe totem (where exp. totem tribes will keep their most valuable goods anyways) will cause players to play MORE because they want to repair the buildings in their land. But if they lose all of the land what do they have left? Nothing. It's like rerolling a new toon a year after the game came out.

Do you understand that putting a totem down near a rare resource thats "Safe" area that cant be taken will cause MAJOR problems for a game like this?

That's why the solution is simple. Receed the green mist and have all rare resources and ONLY capturable expansion totems in the green mist. These exp totems will act as free land to all players in the sense that they will be able to extract the resources from another tribes expansion zone.

If a resource is really valuable the tribe MAY build heavy defenses and keep a lot of players defending the expansion totem. This is where fun comes in. Then perhaps they could have extremely rare resources in an area of the map which for one reason or another cannot have any totems placed on it. I'd recommend this area to be very small as to encourage open field warring over resources. To even get the resource tribes would have to organize combat chars to protect the crafters who are gathering these resources.

also, i never said any safe zones should be placed next to valuable resources.... i don't know why anyone should think that is allowed.

Safe zone int he sense that ONLY the tribe that placed the totem could terraform and build there. However, not safe in the sense that any player can walk into tribe zone and loot as well as gather the resources in that tribe zone

Quote Originally Posted by Salvadore View Post

FACE IT.
    This is the joke of the week lol. Crafting works almost perfectly ? I know you are a PvP player but still...have you never seen a working economy ?

In Xsyon you can craft items which has no use at all. Thats not how a crafting system should work. If they give us comfort, if your character dies when sleeping out in the wood during the winter, if he dies from cold without a warm armor, if I won't be able to kill a bear naked and with a knife only, when tools breaks and items decay, when there is item loss implemented then we can start to talk about the crafting system. Till then even if you had your PvP system it still would be just as pointless as crafting.

Having to repair damages and replace stolen goods is fine. Losing EVERY THING just causes players to quit. As is the case at least 90% of the time when a player's MMO account is hacked. This is essentially the same thing because for tribes (and especially larger ones), their account IS the tribe area...at least for a lot of people who put more work into the tribe than their own character). I could have 300 skill points to spend by now but I don't because I put more work into the tribe lands than into my character.

Apart from that one issue, the more options and destruction the better.

OR

Damageable and loot able goods from main tribe totem (where exp. totem tribes will keep their most valuable goods anyways) will cause players to play MORE because they want to repair the buildings in their land (but at the cost of realism..in real life any thing can be conquered). But if they lose all of the land what do they have left? Nothing. It's like re rolling a new toon a year after the game came out.
    Dude, they are only pixels.

as i stated earlier in here someplace, we need to redux the cost of architectural improvements for warring tribes...signficantly, i said 50%, but it may be 75% for fortifications. Losing a town shouldnt be like losing a friend.

I would also like to see terraforming do more at higher skill...currently i have it at 100, and havent noticed it being materially different from 1. maybe i level larger areas of land, or leveling works better But yeah, everybody will lose eventually...and while the loss should hurt, it shouldnt be viewed as some set back that you can't recover from.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    when there is item loss implemented then we can start to talk about the crafting system.
    PvP seems like the most direct route to item loss. No?

Quote Originally Posted by Dubanka View Post
    Dude, they are only pixels.

as i stated earlier in here someplace, we need to redux the cost of architectural improvements for warring tribes...signficantly, i said 50%, but it may be 75% for fortifications. Losing a town shouldnt be like losing a friend.

I would also like to see terraforming do more at higher skill...currently i have it at 100, and havent noticed it being materially different from 1. maybe i level larger areas of land, or leveling works better But yeah, everybody will lose eventually...and while the loss should hurt, it shouldnt be viewed as some set back that you can't recover from.
    You obviously don't get it. It has nothing to do with pixels and everything to do with time invested for nothing. Obviously playing all games is time that is invested for nothing as it relates to real life...apart from maybe the fun of playing the game itself. But part of that fun is logging in and seeing all the INVESTED TIME has not been wasted.

Being able to capture ALL lands a tribe owns is just an invitation to having the majority of the tribe members quit or join a new tribe. Because they sure as hell don't want to re terraform and rebuild EVERYTHING (50k+ limestone bricks, anyone?)

and that's exactly my point. the loss shouldn't be a set back you can't recover from. a setback such as destroyed limestone walls or stolen fish isn't the end of the tribe, but losing EVERYTHING inside the capital tribe grounds is.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanover View Post
    Not the most direct route. It requires someone to actually kill and loot you which isn't a guarantee. Coding the game to have item decay would be a guarantee to lose items after a certain amount of time, regardless of how great your character is.

But in a highly populated server full of PvPers, it's a pretty direct route to item loss.

Then again the item actually doesn't disappear from the game world, it just trades hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanover View Post
    PvP most/many of the items are "traded" without consent (lol). What is need is decay or any way they are removed from the world completely. PvP might remedy the problem a little on one side (50% win 50% lose...), but having things break is much more impacting for both sides, the victor (zomzom/bear or player looting you) and the loser...either pve/pvp/justdoingstuff doesn't matter.

I only say this because man..I just have too many items. You probably might also. You might open up my corpse and say..."eh...got too many axes already."

You obviously don't get it. It has nothing to do with pixels and everything to do with time invested for nothing. Obviously playing all games is time that is invested for nothing as it relates to real life...apart from maybe the fun of playing the game itself. But part of that fun is logging in and seeing all the INVESTED TIME has not been wasted.

Being able to capture ALL lands a tribe owns is just an invitation to having the majority of the tribe members quit or join a new tribe. Because they sure as hell don't want to re terraform and rebuild EVERYTHING (50k+ limestone bricks, anyone?)

and that's exactly my point. the loss shouldn't be a set back you can't recover from. a setback such as destroyed limestone walls or stolen fish isn't the end of the tribe, but losing EVERYTHING inside the capital tribe grounds is.
    you've obviously never played a game that featured asset destruction.
    they are only pixels. It is only free time. And you invest your free time in a game. part of the game is asset destruction/capture.
    That's why you play. you win some, you lose some. when you lose, you put on your big boy pants, rebuild and go look to get some pay back.
    never build anything you cant afford to lose.
    If you want to build a giant monument to your greatness? OUtstanding...just understand that someone may take it as a challenge. I've got city builders who spend inordinate amounts of time working tod design 'the perfect fortress'. is it necessary? not really. Is it gratifying to have something you create withstand attack after attack after attack? absolutely.
    when you lose one does it suck. alot? definitely.
    but it's jsut a game. and they are only pixels.