Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by prokop15 View Post
    This thread was started about 7 months ago. Two pages later, with most of the posts coming from VeryWiiTree and MrtDDT, the future of Xsyon had been decided -- "They want less skills".

Can't wait for you guys to be able to experience all that 'meaning'.

I dont think you read the thread.

Lots of things other than just skill caps on pools were talked about, not sure why you decided to focus on only part of it.

Give things for people to fight for, have things attacking your tribes, have objectives for tribes to fight over. Have local/regional resources, have survial things like making food more important, or acid rain and you need protection. Give reasons for building other than for looks, etc.

Lots of things like those would give a lot more reason for people to log in and play.
    Skill cap is one of them, with lowering the # of skills each player can max out you create a reason for people to want to play by having them feel like they are wanted/needed. Better reasons for trade.

I also agree with you that bonuses based on skill needs to be better and balanced. Making it so that there are reasons to use higher crafted gear.

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    ""You (MrDDT)"" create a reason for people are wanted/needed.
    Nail in the head, definitively people are going to be wanted needed, because of lack of players playing.

Quote Originally Posted by znaiika View Post
    Nail in the head, definitively people are going to be wanted needed, because of lack of players playing.
    There is very very few people playing right now if the "lack" of people were going to make people wanted or needed it would be happening now.

The problem is that 1 person can provide EVERYTHING for everyone in the game if they wanted, but no one cares because they can do everything themselves, so why would you need anyone else?

Ive seen a lot of new people join the game and the things they say are "What do you guys need" what do you tell them? When you dont need anything?

Just like in other games what you do is you have people that the tribe goes to for those actions.

You have say a leathercrafter instead of everyone in the tribe doing leathercrafting you have a few people doing it. So say out of 100 people you have 4 or 5 leathercrafters. Instead of 100. So people work together trading, or feeling like others need them. Instead of just "Hey do whatever you want, and you will need to keep everything you get because you want to train everything."

Did your forum posting bot malfunction or something? Nice +1. You can't just start talking to yourself in the middle of a thread about shit we've already established.
    Drugs are bad bro.

???

I'm trying to have a discussion with you. You're clearly are not capable of that, as you not only did not respond to the arguments I made in my last post, but you just repeated the premise on which that post was originally made. If you can't think of anything to say, just don't post.

I now understand that you think specialization will work because specialization is a thing. It appears that's as deep as your thoughts go, so I'm done here.

I answered your question, if you want to restate it I will try to quote my answer or reanswer it.

About specialization, I answered that also.

If you have say a toolcrafter, they will want to trade with other players because they need things over players have. Other players will want to trade with the toolcrafter because they need tools. WIN WIN.

IE. Toolcrafter will want to trade with a scavenger, or a hunter, or a leathercrafter, or a weaponcrafter. These other players need tools so they will trade what they are good in with the toolcrafter. Economy 101.

i beleave i shall chime in on this. ive been playing wurm online for bout 3 months now. Where i play is pure pve, no pvp at all. Now wat i observed is obviously, this game is keeping me very occupied as i grind skills, and wats funny is im grinding as i build my city. In xsyon the building, crafting system is limited . In wurm their is no skill/stat decay, you can do all trades if ya want and be the best of the best in them also (would take ya years to do). But, the crafting system is so indepth, u make every peice for every tool, improve it, repair it, use it. Sure deed slow decay on buildings and fences, that means you have thousans of items to maintain including the bulk storage boxs and food storage boxs and chests, boats etc. Wat im getting at , is Xsyon doesnt need more meaning, tools are their to keep ya going for a little bit, Its missing mining, farming,boats, more skills, more indepth crafting. Basically Things to do. You give more to do and add it into mechanics to where players see the gains as they build their epic cities and before ya know it months go by and they dont even realize it.

You dont need pvp , or this n that to make xsyon better. It needs more to occupy the player. No matter the ideas said in this thread is added or not, if pvp got their way things would still be the same, pve got their same. What i said above is wat xsyon needs to begin holding more players ingame. Its all their just need built upon. Personall i hate theirs skill/stat decay, 1 wont fix econ , dont care wat ya say ddt, isnt happening no matter what u think up. A tribe will always be able to self maintain themselves. When you restrict what players can do and limit them in an already limited game world. They get bored faster, and they quit faster. You can say i dont know what im talking about, but i joined wurm feb 1st, april 1st makes 3 months, and ive planned 2 years of projects their, something i could never do in xsyon, All those big ideas u heard me say, 1 -2 months tops, grind skills to 100 be like others, 3 months. so theirs max 5 months then bam end game. See my point now? Provide the tools to create a endless content in the game and provide no way to see a end game, make skill grinds tougher, dont restrict players in crafting or building. This will only end with things getting worse. I am aware alot of you will hate this post, But eve proves it, wurm and several other sandbox games. That is wat i call content. tis all shall watch from the sidelines now.

fatboy

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy21007 View Post
    i beleave i shall chime in on this. ive been playing wurm online for bout 3 months now. Where i play is pure pve, no pvp at all. Now wat i observed is obviously, this game is keeping me very occupied as i grind skills, and wats funny is im grinding as i build my city. In xsyon the building, crafting system is limited . In wurm their is no skill/stat decay, you can do all trades if ya want and be the best of the best in them also (would take ya years to do). But, the crafting system is so indepth, u make every peice for every tool, improve it, repair it, use it. Sure deed slow decay on buildings and fences, that means you have thousans of items to maintain including the bulk storage boxs and food storage boxs and chests, boats etc. Wat im getting at , is Xsyon doesnt need more meaning, tools are their to keep ya going for a little bit, Its missing mining, farming,boats, more skills, more indepth crafting. Basically Things to do. You give more to do and add it into mechanics to where players see the gains as they build their epic cities and before ya know it months go by and they dont even realize it.

You dont need pvp , or this n that to make xsyon better. It needs more to occupy the player. No matter the ideas said in this thread is added or not, if pvp got their way things would still be the same, pve got their same. What i said above is wat xsyon needs to begin holding more players ingame. Its all their just need built upon. Personall i hate theirs skill/stat decay, 1 wont fix econ , dont care wat ya say ddt, isnt happening no matter what u think up. A tribe will always be able to self maintain themselves. When you restrict what players can do and limit them in an already limited game world. They get bored faster, and they quit faster. You can say i dont know what im talking about, but i joined wurm feb 1st, april 1st makes 3 months, and ive planned 2 years of projects their, something i could never do in xsyon, All those big ideas u heard me say, 1 -2 months tops, grind skills to 100 be like others, 3 months. so theirs max 5 months then bam end game. See my point now? Provide the tools to create a endless content in the game and provide no way to see a end game, make skill grinds tougher, dont restrict players in crafting or building. This will only end with things getting worse. I am aware alot of you will hate this post, But eve proves it, wurm and several other sandbox games. That is wat i call content. tis all shall watch from the sidelines now.

fatboy

I'm going to call out the BS right here on this.

In Xsyon you have yet to finish anything in your building. Your city has never even been 20% finished, I'm not even sure you have planned anything with it. The what skills have you maxed out in Xsyon? I bet you still have a ton left to go.

Grinding skills and building things with no use other than looks will not keep people playing a game. The problem is there is no point to skills, and there is no point to building in Xsyon.

I'm not saying skill pools will fix the game, I'm saying its a start. The idea of limiting skills caps is NOT mine. Heck if anyone has some thing to lose from it, its me. I have all the skills why would I need it changed? It would only be hurting me if it was just about me.

Can economy work with unlimited skills? Of course, can it work skill pools? Yes of course. I think skill pools is the easy way to get people to feel wanted and needed and its been in the plans from day 1.

I've played Wurm Online, its a great building game. Xsyon is better for building now. Wurm has a lot more things working and its free to play, its been out for years. Also it doesnt have many people playing. You go look many are playing right now its something like 300 or 400 online. As far as MMO's go that is nothing. Acting like its this great amount of people playing because of this great game is just a joke. Fatboy also you used to say there was nothing wrong with Xsyon. Promoting adding more buildings will save the game. You got your buildings and look at Xsyon still lacking the players.

Is PVP needed? Of course its not needed. I do believe PVP will help the economy, and I also believe it adds a fun factor to the game. One of the big problems is that combat as a whole is lacking. AI is limited, it doesnt respawn well at all, no challenge, lacking real rewards. One thing you will notice in most games is that you need good gear to kill harder things.

Wurm Online has some great ideas. Healing, Magic, Archery etc. These things are all done well in game and supported well in other ways, if Xsyon had a lot of these things I believe you would see a huge number of people playing Xsyon.

Saying that the building in Xsyon is limited is really a bad joke. Xsyon you can do more than you can in Wurm.

TLR
    Making a game endless grind doesnt make for more content. Makes for no fun.

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Heck if anyone has some thing to lose from it, its me. I have all the skills why would I need it changed?
    Why? to secure your all skills around 100 and prevent other people to ever reach what you have reached.
    But if with this new patch they reset all the skills to ZERO and just give you enough maximum XP points so you can redistribute those to full 3 skills per group as you demand? then everyone will be in the same boat including you no exceptions.
    That will be fair deal.
    Are you willing to give-up on your skills equally with everyone else MrDDT?

Quote Originally Posted by znaiika View Post
    Why? to secure your all skills around 100 and prevent other people to ever reach what you have reached.
    But if with this new patch they reset all the skills to ZERO and just give you enough maximum XP points so you can redistribute those to full 3 skills per group as you demand? then everyone will be in the same boat including you no exceptions.
    That will be fair deal.
    Are you willing to give-up on your skills equally with everyone else MrDDT?

I dont have a problem with limiting me to 3 skills per pool at 100. I already expect this to happen even though it might take time. So deleting my other skills in my pool to keep 3 skills at 100 is not a problem for me.