Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MrKrueak View Post
    yes there is a lot of things about PVP that needs to be fixed, remember the combat mechanics are not even implemented yet either, right now combat exist as point and press 1 or 2. There is a reason why the Prelude is meant to be more about building the world rather than combat. The next phase is supposed to add the combat mechanics, tribal warfare, seiges etc.
    Well the world building worked so damn well it bogged the server down so badly it had to be turned off....
    The game is supposed to be in somewhat of a launch state in 2 weeks..
    I am not going to be paying to beta test another half complete game.

You guys are FOOLS to think this is acceptable.

this conversation also reminds me to bring up once again the ability to ghost walk and why it is even needed without the ability to heal yourself in the world via a shrine or wondering healer..

Why do you need to walk away if you are evil your going to reapwn at the totem reguardless. 2ndly A blue respwaning after being healed has more helath and more stam than the person that just killed them and they respawn within a minute in the same place they died. Kinda dumb.. you shouldn't die and respawn and have an advantage over a guy that just kicked your arse.

I think players should have the ability to heal and respawn from another player at some point. I think gohst walking should be removed unless the option is to either gohst walk to a shrine or a healer.. or instaspawn back at your totem or starting area. player chooses which he wants to do.. spawning at the site of death 60seconds later is WRONG

in all honesty, a lot of us, including me, didnt know that when they said prelude they meant beta, when ordering.

this is alpha, dont get the two confused.

Quote Originally Posted by coca View Post
    Well the world building worked so damn well it bogged the server down so badly it had to be turned off....
    The game is supposed to be in somewhat of a launch state in 2 weeks..
    I am not going to be paying to beta test another half complete game.

You guys are FOOLS to think this is acceptable.
    well i'm not going to argue whether it is acceptable or not, but anyone that did any kind of research would know that not all of the features would be there in prelude. I knew exactly what i was getting into but then again i'm not worried about the 40 bucks, i spend more than that on cigarettes in a week and twice as much in one night for a bar tab. Pocket change to me but i understand others point of view about it, even though i know xyson does and will have issue when launched i like what the devs or doing and willing to take a chance on a indie company trying to stray from the traditional MMO route. If this was a AAA title with a big budget and many more people on the team i would ahve a different opinion and expect more from them. It is amazing to me what just a couple people have done with xyson, i also have my eye out for another small team project too called "infinity quest for earth" which like xyson is almost a one man project.

I'm guessing it will take the newly hired combat/AI dev about 3 weeks to really get familiar with the code and another 2-3 weeks to decide where improvements should be made. If we get something even remotely close to Mount & Blade style combat I will be very impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by fflhktsn View Post
    in all honesty, a lot of us, including me, didnt know that when they said prelude they meant beta, when ordering.

this is alpha, dont get the two confused.
    +1

From the forum traffic, and what i could dig up, I thought we were getting a working product that was missing content (like most mmo's at release...). The preorder was adverstised as a 'headstart' to prelude, not a testing phase. Of course we/I assumed this would be a typical open beta/pre-release phase (tweaks and stress testing)...not 2 weeks of just getting the game to run smoothly. SO yeah, the advertising was not consistent with the product that was delivered.

all that said, the game is fairly entertaining. We will just need to see some serious progress on the gear/combat mechanics issue in the next couple months.

Yo

pre-launch was said to be a "headstart" I understand not everything is done..
    But I don't understand how NOTHING is working 100% yet.

Crafting still has bugs.. GUI itself has bugs.. combat... simple tasks.. terraforming was to much or so it seems.. the "animals" aren't in the game yet my thought is becuase of the lag the servers couldn't handle it. simple targeting.. armour working.. fight skill or weapon damage modifiers... tons of shit not working.. what are you talking about.. it is easier to list the things that don't have problems and are working as intended at this point.. 2 weeks out.

Quote Originally Posted by coca View Post
    pre-launch was said to be a "headstart" I understand not everything is done..
    But I don't understand how NOTHING is working 100% yet.

Crafting still has bugs.. GUI itself has bugs.. combat... simple tasks.. terraforming was to much or so it seems.. the "animals" aren't in the game yet my thought is becuase of the lag the servers couldn't handle it. simple targeting.. armour working.. fight skill or weapon damage modifiers... tons of shit not working.. what are you talking about.. it is easier to list the things that don't have problems and are working as intended at this point.. 2 weeks out.
    yes, you are right. like i said i'm not going to argue whether it is acceptable or not. There are tons of bugs and they may or may not be fixed come launch time. All we can do is report them the best we can and hope for the best, but don't let that make you think some are fools for trying to wait the issues out though. Yeah in the end it may have been money wasted but it won't be the first time nor last time we buy into a game mmo or not and are dissappointed.

While I'm fine with paying for what they have... (by the time combat is ready, I'll have combat gear to test).

I think having dodge and/or parry a click-and-hold would actually be amazing. Parry shouldn't merely mitigate damage. I think if you parried right on their attack (instead like holding for a block) they should be stunned for like 1/3 of a second. Hell no to passive defense mechanics if it can be avoided.

Notorious Games could not have been more open about the state of the game. There never was an NDA. For almost a year preorder players have been making YouTube videos and posting their thoughts on the game for all to see. Any questions or concerns would have been honestly answered here on the forums before purchase . If anyone feels mislead, it is no one's fault but their own. It's not like NG is trying to lure players into the preorder and take their money. They will and have refunded preorder purchases for anyone who wishes to do so before the official launch.