Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Turning Evil

Personaly i hope there is a big penalty for death... it will make the pvp aspect more of a challenge. That way you wont have a bunch of powerfull pvprs runing about like babboons killing every crafter..

and while i play pvp ill have to make a choice and decide wether the risk of attacking the current target is worth it or not... as in is he alone.. is he really a unlucky crafter im watching or a fighter.. cathering crap for a friend.. can i kill him loot him and run for cover before his buddies make it to me...

if you dont have the penalty you will have a bunch of gankers just running around killing everyone like you have now... where is the fun/challenge in that

and a pvp arena is the one thing this game will not become. That for sure is an aim of the devs. I totally agree there will be plently of pvp in this game you want it, if its not to your taste just find something else. To be honest though there is not much out there with the ruleset (or lack of) that you seek because very few people would play it.

Quote Originally Posted by kombi View Post
    Personaly i hope there is a big penalty for death... it will make the pvp aspect more of a challenge. That way you wont have a bunch of powerfull pvprs runing about like babboons killing every crafter..

and while i play pvp ill have to make a choice and decide wether the risk of attacking the current target is worth it or not... as in is he alone.. is he really a unlucky crafter im watching or a fighter.. cathering crap for a friend.. can i kill him loot him and run for cover before his buddies make it to me...

if you dont have the penalty you will have a bunch of gankers just running around killing everyone like you have now... where is the fun/challenge in that

This kinda pisses me off. People that will abuse the system just to grief. Perhaps to make it fair blue players lose .05 stat on death and Reds 1 stat point on death. The more I think about it we might need to keep tribal areas safe zones from dumbasses like this guy. Until after prelude.

Perhaps just have a timed stat reduction based on the number of times you die. Once for 10 minutes twice 20, 30, 40, then perma stat loss after that.

You know I hope someone makes a character called "Yogi" and fucks you all up and ends "CARE BEAR THAT SMUCK! " lol

also youtubes it witht he title " YOGI FIGHTS BACK "with episodies named " HARDCORE YOGI"

Quote Originally Posted by Tehroth View Post
    This kinda pisses me off. People that will abuse the system just to grief. Perhaps to make it fair blue players lose .05 stat on death and Reds 1 stat point on death. The more I think about it we might need to keep tribal areas safe zones from dumbasses like this guy. Until after prelude.

Perhaps just have a timed stat reduction based on the number of times you die. Once for 10 minutes twice 20, 30, 40, then perma stat loss after that.
    but...but...then theres no risk in crafting.....everyone will just be running around crafting like baboons

permant stat and skill loss for crafting failures is the only way to prevent this.

Quote Originally Posted by fflhktsn View Post
    but...but...then theres no risk in crafting.....everyone will just be running around crafting like baboons

permant stat and skill loss for crafting failures is the only way to prevent this.
    rofl

whats funny about this is people running around trying to steal things from harvesters when all they really need to do is bend over and pick it up off the ground.

no...we are not stealing things from harvesters...we usually delete those items on the spot anyway.

i do it for all the wonderful things people like you send me in whisper chat afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubanka View Post
    <snip>
    Of course yes, you can say just eliminate the pvp all together...but then you probably lose over 50% of your population right off the bat and more over time...We (the pvp community) have a fairly large playerbase (300-500K?) that is out there waiting for 'the game'...that are currently biding timing playing something less than ideal. How many players are waiting in the wings for the 'ultimate crafting game'?
    Well, given the fact that this will never be "the ultimate PvP game", I guess we don't have to worry too much about the "pvp community" anyways, given that they'll all be moving on once the next awesome PvP game launches ?