Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheShift View Post
    I disagree.

Ok so for me, dark nights are very much like Mortal Online. Black. I have jacked all my settings and it doesn't help. It's unplayable at night unless i stand by my campfire.

The question I was asking re: homesteads...when I go to the ui, it tells me that what I have placed is a tribe. It does not say "homestead" in the window it says "tribe"...but there are only two members. Does that mean I have placed it wrong or does it just not distinguish? Does it make it a homestead because I only have two people in it?

Also, the question I was asking about things being "safe" was referring to decay. Will my basket with items, placed within my homestead or tribe or whatever, decay eventually? There doesn't seem to be a way to check what condition the basket is in unless I empty it and place it in my pack...
    Think of a Tribe as the founding format for making a home, regardless of the size. It can be home to one, or few, or many, but its always a tribe of one, a few, or many. It allows for the potential expansion of someone on their own to make a tribe, or stay by themselves.

Baskets dont decay right now. Only things you wear (from damage) or use actively like tools and weapons decay.

Quote Originally Posted by thurgond View Post
    I thought civilization ended after people learned to make perpetual fires just by placing ten stones in a circular pattern.

It turned out the oil and energy company profits really were an essential part of the economy. Who would have figured that.

Ravelli
    Yeah and such a shame seeing that oil isn't necessary to run the world anymore.. -.-

They should defo make fires go out by themselves if not kept stocked on firewood. It would probably be a bit of a drain on the server to begin with, but rather the little drain to begin with than having millions upon millions upon millions of particles having to be generated each second (which was a HUGE fps problem earlier on..)

Quote Originally Posted by ColonelTEE3 View Post
    Think of a Tribe as the founding format for making a home, regardless of the size. It can be home to one, or few, or many, but its always a tribe of one, a few, or many. It allows for the potential expansion of someone on their own to make a tribe, or stay by themselves.

Baskets dont decay right now. Only things you wear (from damage) or use actively like tools and weapons decay.
    Thanks much for your reply. So would that mean that if I eventually added 20 people, the footprint of my "homestead" would increase? I thought I read somewhere that there are different sizes of territory...

Quote Originally Posted by TheShift View Post
    Thanks much for your reply. So would that mean that if I eventually added 20 people, the footprint of my "homestead" would increase? I thought I read somewhere that there are different sizes of territory...
    The more people in your tribe, the bigger the radius of your homestead. At intervals of certain numbers of people, you go from homestead, to band, to clan, to tribe, or something like that.

The more people in your tribe, the bigger the radius of your homestead. At intervals of certain numbers of people, you go from homestead, to band, to clan, to tribe, or something like that.
    Dont you have to replace the totem to get it though?

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Dont you have to replace the totem to get it though?
    Err, to change from clan to tribe and such? I'm not sure about that transition period. I know for a fact that by time you hit tribe, more members just make your radius bigger right then and there.

Err, to change from clan to tribe and such? I'm not sure about that transition period. I know for a fact that by time you hit tribe, more members just make your radius bigger right then and there.
    Ya I mean, like does it grow without dropping a totem again? Also does it get smaller if people leave?

Ya I mean, like does it grow without dropping a totem again? Also does it get smaller if people leave?
    It does change size, yes.

It does change size, yes.
    Hmm, we went from 1 to 5 and it didnt change.

Hmm, we went from 1 to 5 and it didnt change.
    We've changed from dropping and gaining as little as 3-4 members, although we're at tribe size.

5 is only barely a 'band', im wondering if it would change for you if you got to clan size without re-toteming. If it wouldn't, thats a serious bug.