• safe place for you AND your belongings

30 46.88%
  • safe place only for your belongings

9 14.06%
  • no safe place, keep it a full sandbox

25 39.06%
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Drevar View Post
    Not even worth arguing anymore, since you have resorted to your usual word twisting and rediculous interpretation of terms.

I may disagree with 90% of what Dubanka says, but at least he spends his time making valid points instead of arguing stupid semantics.
    So when I say the same thing back to you, its "stupid semantics"?
    Well now you understand how bad your thought process is on it. When you say that people shouldnt be rewarded for PVP, because PVP itself is all they need, then it should be the same for PVEers and crafters.
    Heck according to you, a crafter shouldnt even get an item after crafting, they should just be rewarded with the simple fact they can craft. Haha.

Wow. Just wow. Do you just read words and whatever idea or image you want to hear pops into your head, or do you actually try to even understand wtf people say to you? I'm done with this. Can't have a decent debate with someone with ESL level English comprehension.

This would be like saying.

PVEers who PVE because they like PVE need a reason to PVE? *boggle*
    I mean what if you went out to PVE and you got no loot for it, and no rewards. Wouldn't you kinda get bored of that? I don't know I think that's the main reason they give rewards to people for PVE is because it makes it more worthwhile and fun. Pretty sure people are not out there killing bears because its fun to kill a bear only. They want a reward for it, whether its skills or resources or epic gears.
    PvErs do PvE for fun, for developing their characters and for loot. Same with PvPers, they get fun, they develop their characters and they get loot. No idea why a PvPer thinks he has right for more.

My town won't be attacked and destroyed. In return I won't be able to attack and take someone else's town. Tribes who choose to be warring do that for fun and for the hope that they can take over other tribes' territory. The reward is right there in return for the risk you take. If you don't like the risk, you won't get the reward, as in the opportunity to siege other cities.

I didn't vote, since my choice is not on there. My choice is both: full FFA PvP in some zones, and safe areas in other zones. Any player can decide to go into the PvP zones to get the better resources, at some risk. Other players will stay in the safe zones.

That is what I would vote for, a DAOC style approach.

Quote Originally Posted by Drevar View Post
    Wow. Just wow. Do you just read words and whatever idea or image you want to hear pops into your head, or do you actually try to even understand wtf people say to you? I'm done with this. Can't have a decent debate with someone with ESL level English comprehension.
    Whatever you say man. You are not making any valid points, and when I debate your points you goto person attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    PvErs do PvE for fun, for developing their characters and for loot. Same with PvPers, they get fun, they develop their characters and they get loot. No idea why a PvPer thinks he has right for more.

My town won't be attacked and destroyed. In return I won't be able to attack and take someone else's town. Tribes who choose to be warring do that for fun and for the hope that they can take over other tribes' territory. The reward is right there in return for the risk you take. If you don't like the risk, you won't get the reward, as in the opportunity to siege other cities.
    PVPer has a right because its harder to PVP than it is to PVE. If PVE were harder then they should get more rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by billpaustin View Post
    I didn't vote, since my choice is not on there. My choice is both: full FFA PvP in some zones, and safe areas in other zones. Any player can decide to go into the PvP zones to get the better resources, at some risk. Other players will stay in the safe zones.

That is what I would vote for, a DAOC style approach.

I agree with this also. You have areas which are highly contested and are rewarded for those areas, just like DAoC did. I love taking relics and the idea of realm points.

PVPer has a right because its harder to PVP than it is to PVE. If PVE were harder then they should get more rewards.
    I doubt its hard for a PvPer to kill a crafter who is full of goods. In PvP the reward is not proportional with the risk, sometimes you have very little risk and you get high reward. Plus they do get better reward, I can never loot a full armor off a bear, or some good tools.
    All of us has the risk of being killed in PvP outside of safe zone. What is my reward for this high risk ?

I doubt its hard for a PvPer to kill a crafter who is full of goods. In PvP the reward is not proportional with the risk, sometimes you have very little risk and you get high reward. Plus they do get better reward, I can never loot a full armor off a bear, or some good tools.
    All of us has the risk of being killed in PvP outside of safe zone. What is my reward for this high risk ?
    You have the reward of killing another player outside your safe zone, and looting them.

The risk of dying with the items on you is pretty low compared to the risk of losing your whole totem and tribe wouldnt you agree?

You are only talking about a "crafter" as one of the options, plus what reward does the PVPer get if they kill the crafter? Some tools that are likely used for skilling up and 1/2 broken?

I see where your coming from but to be honest you need to give a little on your side before you can take a little from ours.
    The pvp side only has the reward of "kill some, loot corpse" thats the only reward for the pvpers.

Quote Originally Posted by xyberviri View Post
    I see where your coming from but to be honest you need to give a little on your side before you can take a little from ours.
    The pvp side only has the reward of "kill some, loot corpse" thats the only reward for the pvpers.
    I have zero intention to take anything form you. I'm only saying that a PvEer has the same reward as a PvPer...really, what do I get if I kill a bear ? Some skin, bones, skull....not a big reward either. I don't get any extra bonus, patting on the head or whatever.

All I'm saying here that there is no higher risk for a PvPer since everyone can be attacked not only a PvP player. Still he has higher reward since the loot from a player is usually better than a loot from an animal. I'm fine with this, no problem at all, I like full loot, just that I don't get why DDT wants even MORE reward.

You have the reward of killing another player outside your safe zone, and looting them.

The risk of dying with the items on you is pretty low compared to the risk of losing your whole totem and tribe wouldnt you agree?

You are only talking about a "crafter" as one of the options, plus what reward does the PVPer get if they kill the crafter? Some tools that are likely used for skilling up and 1/2 broken?
    I don't want to kill anyone, and I don't want to loot. That is not a reward for me, more of a punishment. So I'm forced to take the risk, but get no reward.

I agree that losing your totem is much higher risk than dieing. Thats why it has a much higher reward...the option to attack, siege and take over other tribes' cities. If you don't take the risk of your totem being destroyed then you lock out yourself from the option of wars.

If there is no risk in killing a crafter, why would you want higher reward ? And its very possible that he was scavenging for hours and filled with high level valuable stuffs. Otherwise why do you attack him on the first hand ?

I have zero intention to take anything form you. I'm only saying that a PvEer has the same reward as a PvPer...really, what do I get if I kill a bear ? Some skin, bones, skull....not a big reward either. I don't get any extra bonus, patting on the head or whatever.

All I'm saying here that there is no higher risk for a PvPer since everyone can be attacked not only a PvP player. Still he has higher reward since the loot from a player is usually better than a loot from an animal. I'm fine with this, no problem at all, I like full loot, just that I don't get why DDT wants even MORE reward.

I don't want to kill anyone, and I don't want to loot. That is not a reward for me, more of a punishment. So I'm forced to take the risk, but get no reward.

I agree that losing your totem is much higher risk than dieing. Thats why it has a much higher reward...the option to attack, siege and take over other tribes' cities. If you don't take the risk of your totem being destroyed then you lock out yourself from the option of wars.

If there is no risk in killing a crafter, why would you want higher reward ? And its very possible that he was scavenging for hours and filled with high level valuable stuffs. Otherwise why do you attack him on the first hand ?

You have no idea what that risk will be attacking someone. How do you know its a crafter at all? Maybe its a seasoned warrior and you goto attack him and he beats the crap out of you? Or what if its a trap? 5 other guys in the bushes?

Taking another totem is a good reward, but why would someone risk losing a totem only to take someone elses? There is no reason behind it? Is it a good spot? Nope all the resources are everywhere. So why would I want your totem area when I could have mine? Why would I want to risk mine that I put all this work into for yours with nothing to gain from it other than the stuff I already have here? Wouldnt I just leave my totem safe and not worry about it?

Im not saying a PVP player has more risk. Im saying if a PVP player is living in a contested NO safe area, then they are at more risk. If you are a PVE player living in the safe totem area, you are at less risk of dying, because you are in or near your safe totem.