Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Book View Post
    I would not worry. It was already said in global chat, by a dev, some time back that a wipe would not happen. I remember this very clearly, and was not the only one who read it.

Enjoy the game, and if something you read on the forums sounds nuts, that's probably a good sign we don't need to worry about it.

I'm not trying to say they should wipe, and I dont think it would be a good idea. However, things change. You yourself have posted that havnt you? Dev might say 1 thing today, but 2 months from now. Things change, and people want something else and next thing you know wipe.

Just look at all the things said before, and how they are being said now.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    I'm not trying to say they should wipe, and I dont think it would be a good idea. However, things change. You yourself have posted that havnt you? Dev might say 1 thing today, but 2 months from now. Things change, and people want something else and next thing you know wipe.

Just look at all the things said before, and how they are being said now.
    Instilling fear and anxiety in the player community based on completely unfounded notions of what may happen serves no positive purpose. There is no "next thing you know wipe." There is only you.

Either way, I wanted to warn people that it does happen. Look at totems, they have changed their ideas on that. They have changed it on how stats work. Many things have changed that can be pretty harsh on people.

I doubt they will wipe, but Ive seen changes that have gone against what they have said they wouldnt do, and then they do it without warning.

As is to be expected in any game like this, especially one that tells player from the start that things will change and that if the player base wants something it may just happen.

For a sandbox game that what you should expect.

However, again...

No mention of this idea has been put forth by Jordi, devs, guides, or anyone except this one player.

Chances of this happening? Nil/None/Ain't gonna/Drop the subject

Personally I don't see what there is to gain from wiping. Theoretically speaking, the top players eventually top out on HP. There's only so many levels to gain. Which means that assuming people have reached this cap, all they have left to grind is a very small amount of stats. Which means that a wipe would only change this situation until the cap is reached again.

So if you're starting today, yes a wipe would improve your relative position against a capped out player. But if you've been playing 4-5 months (in a hypothetical world we'll say it takes 3 months to max out for these players), a wipe would actually set you back after a couple months when these hardcores regrind themselves to "god-dom". In three months they'd be back at "uber" (which they were at when the wipe hit) while you'd be behind wherever you were at 4-5 months.

Beyond which, I'm sure there's players who don't care where the ubers are stat wise. Like me for example. All a wipe would do is set me back in my work. Comparatively doesn't matter to me at all.

Ultimately, you need to look at what a wipe does for the population. Other than the stat scramble, a wipe gives the players a new chance to explore and capture resources and set up new living locations. But the world has a low enough population right now that there's plenty of places to build still. Especially in the more southern regions from what I've heard. Also, resources at the moment aren't terribly competitive. It's not like there's only 10 piles of obsidian to mine from and the big baddies have taken all 10. Heck, that would create some need for an economy even. But it hasn't happened. Some areas are slightly better, some slightly worse, but not enough so that there's any major competition to live in certain spots.

So... end of the day? I don't see any point with a wipe while prelude is still running. Once the game drops the beta stage and relaunches for "realz", sure, then a wipe is fully worthwhile and justified. Right now this is most definitely an incomplete game, it feels incomplete. But it's by far the most promise I've ever seen from a game in this genre (Haven and Hearth, Wurm being the other major competitors for the "Survival MMO" of this crafting based nature in my mind).

Edit: If you want to argue how long it takes to "cap out", all it does is change the length of time for the complainer to be playing for the wipe to be counter productive. So long as the non-uber has been playing more time than the cap out time required by an insane hardcore type, they will lose ground on them in a wipe.

Wipe i say to others core mechanics , not only because your have more skills to me .

Quote Originally Posted by Vadio View Post
    Wipe i say to others core mechanics , not only because your have more skills to me .
    Can you explain?