Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Because once rare resources come into place, tribes will be able to drop a safe totem on it, or near it.

Also people can drop safe areas anywhere using the system you talking about causing all kinds of grief. Like killing anyone that is outside an area near your area. Totem areas are not all that large, so you have issues with getting ganked and killed by a neighbor that cant be moved or displaced.
    If you are a tribe that is growing you cant grow past your boarder if I drop a safe area near it when you were much smaller. So that safe area will stay there forever.

Tribes can use safe areas to launch attacks from and mass stock pile resources/weapons/armor for the fight without the defending tribe able to stop them. Not good options.
    All of this won't be a problem when the alignment system gets implemented.
    If a tribe keeps attacking others it will become a warring tribe so they can't use their safe area to launch attacks.

All of it will be a problem when you just have an alt safe tribe to hold in your resources.

The, hopefully, rare resources need to be accessible only by expansion totems and stored only in the expansion totem area. They can be either gained by everyone and only be accessible there (so they can be destroyed), or they can be gained by only Warbound tribes, accessible in all of their territory to some extent.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    All of this won't be a problem when the alignment system gets implemented.
    If a tribe keeps attacking others it will become a warring tribe so they can't use their safe area to launch attacks.
    Then just redrop a totem.

Plus what about the other problems? It will be a problem when you can have safe areas anywhere people want. That's that the major problem. I can get around any system you try to put on me when I can drop a safe totem anywhere I want. Unless of course you make EVERYTHING safe on the whole server. Then its just "who was first" to a resource will get it to forever. Not really a game to promote an econ, but hey you dont care about that do ya?

Quote Originally Posted by orious13 View Post
    All of it will be a problem when you just have an alt safe tribe to hold in your resources.

The, hopefully, rare resources need to be accessible only by expansion totems and stored only in the expansion totem area. They can be either gained by everyone and only be accessible there (so they can be destroyed), or they can be gained by only Warbound tribes, accessible in all of their territory to some extent.
    All good ideas, and its a start. I cant way for the rare resource and these contested tribe systems to be put into place. But like you I fear that crafters will just get rare resources, then build arms and armor for their "friends" or alt tribes without fear of being attacked back.

For now we are just supposed to be crafting and leaning the game, with some exploring.

In the FAQ it says that tribes are safe zones "for now" meaning in the prelude. The game is going to continue to evolve.

Quote Originally Posted by Phatkat View Post
    For now we are just supposed to be crafting and leaning the game, with some exploring.

In the FAQ it says that tribes are safe zones "for now" meaning in the prelude. The game is going to continue to evolve.
    Yes, we know this =P
    But as Jadiza has pointed out in other threads the devs "Xsyon" is planning on putting in a safe totem tribe, and a contested totem tribe.
    Safe totem tribes are planned to be able to be placed anywhere and make it 100% safe (Like the tribe system now).
    Contested totems can be placed anywhere, and will allow those tribes to war others, and take over other contested tribe areas.

Right now all tribes are Safe totem tribe type. After Prelude its planned to put in the "Contested" totem option.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    It will be a problem when you can have safe areas anywhere people want. That's that the major problem. I can get around any system you try to put on me when I can drop a safe totem anywhere I want. Unless of course you make EVERYTHING safe on the whole server. Then its just "who was first" to a resource will get it to forever. Not really a game to promote an econ, but hey you dont care about that do ya?
    It's exactly how it works in ATITD which you called the only real sandbox.
    I care a lot with a good economy, thats what this game is really lacking now. But a safe zone system doesn't destroy it, just check out ATITD. It has other problems, but trading resources works very well there.

It's exactly how it works in ATITD which you called the only real sandbox.
    I care a lot with a good economy, thats what this game is really lacking now. But a safe zone system doesn't destroy it, just check out ATITD. It has other problems, but trading resources works very well there.
    ATITD has combat?

Add combat to ATITD will break it under its ruleset. I didnt call it the ONLY real sandbox. There are tons and tons of sandbox games out there. Look at Entropia Universe its a darn good sandbox, but its also lacking in so many ways. But the ECON is off the charts.

ATITD is a good sandbox without combat. You add combat to a sandbox and you will see other problems come up.

IMO Wurm Online is the best sandbox out there. Which is also why the PVP server is the one most populated.
    You cant just take one system and throw it with another, it breaks other parts of a otherwise working system. Just like this contested thing. You cant have safe areas anywhere, with contested areas. Because it breaks the contested area system AND it also breaks the safe area system.

If you have 100% safe area system, adding a safe area system to it, wouldnt break it.
    If you have 100% pvp area adding a contested pvp system to it, wont break it.

But if you have a mix of both you need to work out how they will mesh. Which is why I believe you cant have a safe area anywhere system with these rare resource contested areas.

Tell me the problem with the system I said? Other than "I dont want to have to sit in the kiddie table".

Also you say ATTID trade is working well, but I never said it doesnt. I am saying its not as good as other games, like EU and EVE online.

Unless of course you make EVERYTHING safe on the whole server. Then its just "who was first" to a resource will get it to forever. Not really a game to promote an econ
    I was referring to this. It works like that in Atitd, and it does have a good economy.

I don't like this mixed up system either. I'd prefer a big safe zone-big PvP zone setup, but a bit different one than the one you said. I wouldn't restrict it for starting zone...it sounds like everyone wanted to play a wargame and they only get a safe zone till they learn the game. This is not true and not fair.
    So I'd prefer a 50%-50% split, gathering should result like 3 times more resources in the PvP area, and put some rare resources there. Not all, only some, and make the safe area totally viable as well, a place where you can fully experience the whole game (except the warring part of course). This setup could work well for both type of players.

I was referring to this. It works like that in Atitd, and it does have a good economy.

I don't like this mixed up system either. I'd prefer a big safe zone-big PvP zone setup, but a bit different one than the one you said. I wouldn't restrict it for starting zone...it sounds like everyone wanted to play a wargame and they only get a safe zone till they learn the game. This is not true and not fair.
    So I'd prefer a 50%-50% split, gathering should result like 3 times more resources in the PvP area, and put some rare resources there. Not all, only some, and make the safe area totally viable as well, a place where you can fully experience the whole game (except the warring part of course). This setup could work well for both type of players.

Didnt you just say a problem with ATITD is that it resets? Well why do you think it does that? Haha.

I already told you how it doesnt work. You have a safe area where you can do all that crafting and arms/armor building with the PVPers not able to stop the resources coming in from this safe area. So they will be fighting a battle they cant win because the resources in the safe area, and the crafting from them.

No one said the game is a war game only. Darkfall is much more war game. So is EVE. Doesnt mean they dont have a great crafting system. Heck look at EVE. It has semi safe areas but still much much more waring areas. Econ is booming because of it too.
    Its set up just like I said too. Limited resources in the safe areas, with rare and higher QL resources out in 0.0 space, where PVP is. If you want to be safe, you do all your trading and deals in 1.0 sec. But you know whats funny? I dont know anyone that stays there, even the most carebear people I know always going out into 0.0 space because of it being more fun and rewarding.

Didnt you just say a problem with ATITD is that it resets? Well why do you think it does that? Haha.

I already told you how it doesnt work. You have a safe area where you can do all that crafting and arms/armor building with the PVPers not able to stop the resources coming in from this safe area. So they will be fighting a battle they cant win because the resources in the safe area, and the crafting from them.

No one said the game is a war game only. Darkfall is much more war game. So is EVE. Doesnt mean they dont have a great crafting system. Heck look at EVE. It has semi safe areas but still much much more waring areas. Econ is booming because of it too.
    Its set up just like I said too. Limited resources in the safe areas, with rare and higher QL resources out in 0.0 space, where PVP is. If you want to be safe, you do all your trading and deals in 1.0 sec. But you know whats funny? I dont know anyone that stays there, even the most carebear people I know always going out into 0.0 space because of it being more fun and rewarding.

Yeah for the safe area to be viable, one just needs a resource there (or a larger amount of a resource) that's very very rare and hard to find or not present at all with pvp players. Then both types of play can have trade.... but still some pvp players will have their safe zone tribes so that they can just trade with themselves, which is really the main problem. The perks of the safe zone should be to be safe when you do things...there is very little risk. The perks of the non-safe zone is that there's great risk, but rewards that are equal to that risk... the ability to kill isn't really a "reward". It's a risk.