Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    No DDT I took a break at the holidays because I own my own business and I work about 80 hours a week from November into January. As for the list I just posted, I never said all was great in the game, I listed them to answer the OP, that things are being worked on and that there has been many changes since a year ago.

You say "the game just isn't fun" So quit! LOL Trust me, no one will miss you.

Quote Originally Posted by Willowhawk View Post
    No DDT I took a break at the holidays because I own my own business and I work about 80 hours a week from November into January. As for the list I just posted, I never said all was great in the game, I listed them to answer the OP, that things are being worked on and that there has been many changes since a year ago.

You say "the game just isn't fun" So quit! LOL Trust me, no one will miss you.

Yeah, I am taking a break again. Until its more fun. You say no one will miss me but funny how I'm asked to log in by tribe members and friends.
    So I dont trust you, and likely wont.
    I know its easy for you to just tell people to quit the game if they are not having fun, but I've put a lot of effort into this game. I'm not taking a break because the game concept isnt right for me, I'm taking a break because its not ready for me yet.
    I used to be able to push pass the bugs, and poor balancing and lack of content, broken promises again and again. But now its getting to the point where its hard to see past that. It's not just me either, most people that play this game are in the same boat.

Even in this post here it's

"No, DDT I took a break" to my comment about you stopping your play for a while. The correct answer would be "Yes, DDT I took a break" but because you want to fight about it, you word it the way you did.

The OP isnt asking for all the changes, they are saying after 3 years of watching a game, it still seems hell of a lot like its still at the time they first started looking at it. Sure there has been some improvements but 1000s of people quit at release, do you expect them to come back to play this game in the state its in? I dont see them coming back for long with the current fun factor not being addressed.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    "No, DDT I took a break" to my comment about you stopping your play for a while. The correct answer would be "Yes, DDT I took a break" but because you want to fight about it, you word it the way you did.
    Wow.... I was responding directly to your question
    Willowhawk didn't you quit for a long time?
    No I didn't quit for a "LONG TIME" I took a break through the holidays. Was that clear enough?

Xsyon Citizen
    Do you understand what that word says? ANY MYTH buddy. Zombies, ghosts, Revenants, Dragons, Boogieman, Santa. All these are myths.
    You're way over your head MrDDT, It doesn't say any "MYTH buddy" in the features, it doesn't even say "Mythological creatures" which could well be people with dog heads, and that just maybe an armor, people back then couldn't explained, and are legends, mutated creatures? yes, not humanoid zomies.
    Zombies, are just an experiment went bad, people loose their intelligence, because of a virus effect, but that just a speculation, never happened, just "Resident Evil" movie and other similar movies.
    Revenants, are just a ghosts can't interact with anything.

""War has destroyed life as we know it" not virus.
    ""The world draws its inspiration from history, mythology (Legends), and prophecies of the Apocalypse."" Learned from history.
    ""Xsyon is a fantasy world, but is heavily based on reality."" Real world simulations.
    ""are slightly twisted versions of what is real.""

As far as the loading times being a "quick fix," perhaps other people also noticed that a number of updates prior to the fix included server back-end work.

MrDDT, take a deep breath for a minute You understand enough about games to know that fixing the loading times would necessarily have involved back-end work. It's not like they woke up one morning and decided to quickly fix an old problem before they had coffee, it took time, just we weren't necessarily informed of all the minute details involved. I'd love that detail, but not so much because I want to keep tabs, but because it's just really interesting to know how things work.

Also, I'm sure you know enough about games to know that adding a "skin" to a post is completely different than the more substantial changes we'd all like to see at some point. Their artist must have had time on his/her hands, or one of the guides donated some work, whatever. It's a different part of the team than you're talking about entirely. If you didn't know that, then there you go, I have informed you free of charge! You're welcome.

Yes, there are people who like you in game, there are people who don't. I'm sure the same can be said for me. Who cares? Scrape it off and keep playing or take a break. Entirely up to you, just as nobody has ever left the game when you told them to. Some may have on account of clear-cutting, trash-paving, annoyingly antagonistic forum posts, destruction of buildings and bridges bordering on exploiting the mechanics of the game, etc. sure... but not because you told them to go back to ATITD or Hello Kitty or whatever you and yours like to say.

Oh, as far as the 1000's of people... I'm not at all convinced there ever were 1000s but okay, let's say there was. I think a fair number left on account of lag issues in the first couple of weeks, even some who had been in beta. They would be happily surprised with better server stability. A number of others left because they came in under false pretext, they simply didn't understand the game. They saw FFA PVP, started drooling over the idea of happy little gankfests of drama, and then found themselves disappointed. Some didn't even read the FFA PVP part because they just listened to their friend who simply said FFA PVP. They in turn started drooling as well.
    They then found out that there is so much more to this game and FFA PVP isn't the main event. Not only were they disappointed to not have the slightest understanding about the game, but they also had drool all over their keyboard.

gotta be patient with xsyon, small dev team means long periods of time for things to be done. Ive been ingame nonstop since before release. Atm im taking a much needed break, messin with wurm online. Just like alot of folks i found my old tribes mates. their all waiting. Just takes the patience to wait. and Book, at launch their was over 1000 players, i know they killed the server hehehe. Since launch their has been atleast 3000 players to pass through xsyon. you havent noticed it cuz that other 2000 came in bunchs at random times. Xsyons pop goes up n down sumtimes ull see a burst then it vanishs and repeats. Just like other games. All i can say is if he starting to be annoyed with the game or got problams with it. take a break, then when ya come back ull love it all over again. Eventually we all get burnt out , yes even i do and ddt does :-P

Quote Originally Posted by znaiika View Post
    You're way over your head MrDDT, It doesn't say any "MYTH buddy" in the features, it doesn't even say "Mythological creatures" which could well be people with dog heads, and that just maybe an armor, people back then couldn't explained, and are legends, mutated creatures? yes, not humanoid zomies.
    Zombies, are just an experiment went bad, people loose their intelligence, because of a virus effect, but that just a speculation, never happened, just "Resident Evil" movie and other similar movies.
    Revenants, are just a ghosts can't interact with anything.

""War has destroyed life as we know it" not virus.
    ""The world draws its inspiration from history, mythology (Legends), and prophecies of the Apocalypse."" Learned from history.
    ""Xsyon is a fantasy world, but is heavily based on reality."" Real world simulations.

Are you really debating this? There are Zombies and Ghosts in all sorts of mythology in the world. Not sure why you are so dead set that there cant be zombies in Xsyon. Even though you keep proving your own point wrong. Worse, they are not going to be zombies they are going to be called revenants.

Believe it or not, but a lot of mythologies never happened or cant be proven either way. Not sure why you think Resident Evil is the only type of zombie in the world, there are 1000s of zombies stories.

You are talking about revenants like they are a real thing, they are myth. Ive heard stories where ghosts killed people, or moved tables and turned on lights. Saying they cant interact with anything is your version of something that's made up. Who knows what ghosts and revenants can do or what they really are, they are a myth.

Added after 11 minutes:

Quote Originally Posted by Book View Post
    As far as the loading times being a "quick fix," perhaps other people also noticed that a number of updates prior to the fix included server back-end work.

MrDDT, take a deep breath for a minute You understand enough about games to know that fixing the loading times would necessarily have involved back-end work. It's not like they woke up one morning and decided to quickly fix an old problem before they had coffee, it took time, just we weren't necessarily informed of all the minute details involved. I'd love that detail, but not so much because I want to keep tabs, but because it's just really interesting to know how things work.

Also, I'm sure you know enough about games to know that adding a "skin" to a post is completely different than the more substantial changes we'd all like to see at some point. Their artist must have had time on his/her hands, or one of the guides donated some work, whatever. It's a different part of the team than you're talking about entirely. If you didn't know that, then there you go, I have informed you free of charge! You're welcome.

Yes, there are people who like you in game, there are people who don't. I'm sure the same can be said for me. Who cares? Scrape it off and keep playing or take a break. Entirely up to you, just as nobody has ever left the game when you told them to. Some may have on account of clear-cutting, trash-paving, annoyingly antagonistic forum posts, destruction of buildings and bridges bordering on exploiting the mechanics of the game, etc. sure... but not because you told them to go back to ATITD or Hello Kitty or whatever you and yours like to say.

Oh, as far as the 1000's of people... I'm not at all convinced there ever were 1000s but okay, let's say there was. I think a fair number left on account of lag issues in the first couple of weeks, even some who had been in beta. They would be happily surprised with better server stability. A number of others left because they came in under false pretext, they simply didn't understand the game. They saw FFA PVP, started drooling over the idea of happy little gankfests of drama, and then found themselves disappointed. Some didn't even read the FFA PVP part because they just listened to their friend who simply said FFA PVP. They in turn started drooling as well.
    They then found out that there is so much more to this game and FFA PVP isn't the main event. Not only were they disappointed to not have the slightest understanding about the game, but they also had drool all over their keyboard.

The quick fix is because I was told it was a quick fix, by the devs. It didnt take very long at all. So if you choose not to believe that, then that's fine just saying what was the case. Unlike carts it didnt take months to do.
    Loading times was one of the best things fixed in game, it was much needed and I believe that's a major factor in why many people quit the game. Same with lag, FPS issues, crashing.

About why the PVPers quit the game, yes, Im sure its partly like you say, many of those people were FFA PVPers and the game didnt turn out like they thought. On top of that the game was changed from how it was said to be to how it is now.

There was still gankfests and all that stuff, so saying they left because they cant PVP is a lie. Desync, in combat is likely more the case also the lack of combat focused things. Animals were not respawning, guides had to do it manually and they even crashed the server or lagged it up a few times because of it.

I dont think PVP should be the main event and never really said that. So you barking up the wrong tree there. However, I do believe the game should be more fun. Fixing combat so animals can hurt you is a good start. Another good start is change the boring crafting. Another one is fix the economy, and another one is give items in game a purpose to be crafted.

About the post issue, the post is just 1 thing, if you think it was ONLY artist that needed to work on it you are wrong. Everything takes Xsyon's time he has to oversee everything and code in parts of it. Im sure artists had to do stuff for it, however, saying it didnt take up someone else's time is a lie.

I'm not talking about just posts also, I'm talking about it all. Ramps, roofs, posts, walls etc. They are adding them yet the core features of the game are still missing, things that were promised over a year ago.
    I hope you trying to not tell me those only took art also?

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy21007 View Post
    gotta be patient with xsyon, small dev team means long periods of time for things to be done. Ive been ingame nonstop since before release. Atm im taking a much needed break, messin with wurm online. Just like alot of folks i found my old tribes mates. their all waiting. Just takes the patience to wait. and Book, at launch their was over 1000 players, i know they killed the server hehehe. Since launch their has been atleast 3000 players to pass through xsyon. you havent noticed it cuz that other 2000 came in bunchs at random times. Xsyons pop goes up n down sumtimes ull see a burst then it vanishs and repeats. Just like other games. All i can say is if he starting to be annoyed with the game or got problams with it. take a break, then when ya come back ull love it all over again. Eventually we all get burnt out , yes even i do and ddt does :-P
    Sadly Fatboy this is much the case. Im less burnt out with the game and more burnt out with the people that keep telling me all is good in game. The game is fun, its great. When I see less than 150 people actively playing it, and I'm in one of the largest active tribes. It cant be all good and great with that few of people playing it.

8. 03-25-2012, 10:37 PM

Xsyon Citizen
    Are you really debating this? There are Zombies and Ghosts in all sorts of mythology in the world. Not sure why you are so dead set that there cant be zombies in Xsyon. Even though you keep proving your own point wrong. Worse, they are not going to be zombies they are going to be called revenants.

Believe it or not, but a lot of mythologies never happened or cant be proven either way. Not sure why you think Resident Evil is the only type of zombie in the world, there are 1000s of zombies stories.

You are talking about revenants like they are a real thing, they are myth. Ive heard stories where ghosts killed people, or moved tables and turned on lights. Saying they cant interact with anything is your version of something that's made up. Who knows what ghosts and revenants can do or what they really are, they are a myth.
    People started to see thing after television was discovered, isn't that tell you something? I can't believe you actually fall for that, documentaries with ghosts started only recently, after blair witch project.
    Mystery and fact are two opposite things.
    I can believe if another being from another world can disappear and reappear in front of you, but that could be that they have a technology advanced enough.
    Sure people can become zombie like, but it is temporary and under hypnoses.
    I think Xsyon should focus more on creatures " like tigers, lions cougars, etc..." to hunt and keep "revenants" for special events, so people don't feel lonely.
    Then Xsyon would keep realism and have Sci-Fi elements in it.
    FE has zombies, but it is a Sci-Fi based game.
    ""Xsyon is a fantasy world, but is heavily based on reality.""

Zombie invasion would ruing meaning of Xsyon entirely.

Other question: what would these "revenants" have for loot? better be something really worth killing them, and like I said keep them for events only or players would have enough seeing "revenants" and hunting them everyday, what could be fun would become another debate on forums.

Xsyon Citizen
    @Znaiika: this is probably off topic :P

Reevants are said to be originating from deserted totems (human like ...). Xsyon said that the bin/basket rework that took place (and costed a lot of effort) was also to allow "non-player" entities to access the contents of baskets / buildings. If I remember correctly - the Reevants are supposed to get armor/weapons from the bins left behind - so that when they are defeated - you could loot, what they looted from bins and basekets. The devs also plan for the reevants to loot players that are defeated by them - so you would see that kind of loot also.

I am not sure how this is progressing - or if the original idea is still beeing persued - however that is the information I got on that subject. We will just have to wait and see how things are implemented.

Xsyon Citizen
    Don't get me wrong, I like Sci-Fi elements to be added to Xsyon, multiple heads on creatures even flying dragons, zombies are welcome too, as long if it is going to be playable and is not exploited.
    I expect revenants to have rare weapons, armor, blueprints and mats, something you can't find out side, but not looting players.