Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Of course they did. I knew all the way tommyboy was making stuff up. He was confusing his vision of the game and the devs's one. Still, I am sure the game lost quite a few players because of this miscommunication. I almost asked for a refund.

Simply, just move the tribe post to a slightly different location that still has the benefits you're looking for. Usually, that's running water and a scrap pile. Get the most of both and mess with the guys until they pack up.

*edit* Tommy, you're like a friggin genie with that...

Quote Originally Posted by otomotopia View Post
    Simply, just move the tribe post to a slightly different location that still has the benefits you're looking for. Usually, that's running water and a scrap pile. Get the most of both and mess with the guys until they pack up.
    Oh there would definitely be some 'messing'.

Quote Originally Posted by tommybomb View Post
    Where does it say homesteads can be placed the first day?
    Ahh... if this is the case and homestead creation is delayed a bit, then never mind.

Great news!
    thanks a lot for implementing homesteads so fast

Quote Originally Posted by tommybomb View Post
    There's still time, nub!
    You're right, there still time! Good thing you are here to tell me!

- Tribes and Homesteads. The separation of Tribes and Homesteads is set up. Homesteads require only one player but do not expand. They can be placed close together. Tribes require 5 members and require a maximum space between tribes.

This seems to be the case between homestead and tribe as well I basically needed half a zones distance between my homestead and the nearest (old 1man) tribe. So I assume the reverse is also true tribes wont able to place their tribe unless there's half a zone between them and a homestead, seems problematic to me. You should be able to put a home stead so its territory just about touches a tribes maximum territory IMO and vice versa.

Edit: unless the maximum tribe size actually is the size of a zone side to side.. no idea actually lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystais View Post
    My only concern is that someone can still place a homestead on a prime spot prohibiting a tribe from placing there. True or not?

Example: After wipe, a player logs in and rushes out to a spot and places a homestead on a spot previously used by a larger tribe. Hours later his buddies log on and they form a tribe and then he deletes the homestead and they place a tribe on that spot. The previous tribe had the tribe already created but the homesteader just happened to get there a minute sooner.
    Hopefully we will see a lot of clever tactics like that.
    Dont take me the wrong way i dont support griefing but clever planning i do. its a race people, some will win, some will lose.
    The wipe means wipe. The game starts from year 0! there has been np planning up untill that point. This should be where Xyson starts. so get to your choice spots and graft your little forts up!

But dont forget the tribe that is already formed can just plant a totem as close as they can to the homestead, then the guy delets and trys to plant a tribe there....you are to close to another territory.
    Homesteads are much smaller footprints than tribes friend.

ahh i was presumming they were implementing them from the off now.....didnt read that i just presumed

Oh well never mind maybe the tribes do need a helping hand from the start! just cant see why they are going to do a wipe in the first place? if your wiping make everyone start again....if you want tribes to have thier spots, then why wipe?

I will be tribed at the start but kudos to the hardcore soloers that dont need the headstart help....take my hat of to you all

homesteads are in now actually