Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

No combat improvements in progress?

In progress:

- All creatures will be in game soon. We have a few minor behavior variable adjustments to make and test.
    - Finalizing a decay system for crafted items.
    - Faster tree growth and surface generation system. This will include scrap pile generation.
    - Server and client memory use optimization.
    - Revised patcher with improved compression for smaller downloads.

----------

Everyone interested in Xsyon pvp have already got bored and stopped playing, so I guess the devs have given up on getting 3/4 of their playerbase back before our subs run out?

Sandbox without pvp isn't a sandbox.

Too bad when the free time ends nobody is going to be around to see all the pretty terraforming.

Did the patch do anything to fix sync?

They said somewhere a while back that they were bringing in a guy specifically to revamp the combat syste.

In progress:

- All creatures will be in game soon. We have a few minor behavior variable adjustments to make and test.
    - Faster tree growth and surface generation system. This will include scrap pile generation.

These are things we expect to patch out with then next week or two. We are formulating a plan right now for the next 6 weeks and I will post the details as soon as everything has been discussed with the team.
    You really should keep reading before you hop into the forum to complain a bit.
    The "in progress" list is a list of things about to come out immediately. It's probably gonna take a good minute to entirely overhaul the combat system.

Edit for Flatlander:

In this update:

- New creature AI system with an improved creature behavior system.
    - Zone crossing lag eliminated.
    - Zone loading times reduced.
    - Packets compressed and optimized for reduced bandwidth usage and overal better performance.
    - Timing out of crashed players improved to avoid the 'already timed out' messages.
    - Bug causing some players to scavenge unusual items such as felled trees fixed.
    - Many small bugs fixed.
    You can find the patchnotes here.

the main stuff needs fixed then comes pvp. geesh!

Quote Originally Posted by Dade512 View Post
    Edit for Flatlander:

You can find the patchnotes here.
    Doesn't answer my question...

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy21007 View Post
    the main stuff needs fixed then comes pvp. geesh!
    which "main stuff" is that?

6. 04-15-2011, 06:13 AM

Dezgard told me last night he hasn't even met with the guy your talking about yet.

I am pretty sure dezgard is the lead programer (the guy that works on skript) Mayb eI have his position wrong.. but either way it seemed to me like he would have known the guy or atleast met and talked with him. Didn't sound too promising. Broke ass combat and lack of thing to do is why 50% or more of the people that have gone are no longer playing. The game is dying hardcore.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDevil View Post
    In progress:

----------

Everyone interested in Xsyon pvp have already got bored and stopped playing, so I guess the devs have given up on getting 3/4 of their playerbase back before our subs run out?

Sandbox without pvp isn't a sandbox.

Too bad when the free time ends nobody is going to be around to see all the pretty terraforming.
    Well said!
    Best post on these fourms in a long time....................

The combat as it is (barely a combat system, but still amusing) was hampered heavily by syncing and zoning, which seem to be fixed for most. The major issue now is a lack of people to fight.

I hate to be negative, but I'm a little worried.

Quote Originally Posted by Armand View Post
    The combat as it is (barely a combat system, but still amusing) was hampered heavily by syncing and zoning, which seem to be fixed for most. The major issue now is a lack of people to fight.

I hate to be negative, but I'm a little worried.
    the simplistic system would be adequate from a temporary stop gap standpoint (we all entered the game knowing 'the deal')...assuming sync and whatnot didn't totally screw it up...if there was a reason for pvp besides random gankage.

There is no reason to pvp.
    Most people in the world are naked. Bags are not lootable (assumign permissions set), so loot is not a reason...and
    Crafting has very little value (see months old PO weapon discussion) besides vanity
    There is no reason to come out of the safety of your mud hut to make you vulnerable to pvp.
    Resources are plentiful (Excepting wood, but you mainly need that for weapon handles...see PO weapon discussion) and don't induce conflict.
    You can't pick a fight...because the other party just dosn't have to partake (it might as well be a duel system)

The mechanics to pvp are really secondary...definitely important, but secondary, to having a reason to pvp.

ffa is not enough. there needs to be a point.
    I'm very pessimistic that this will every be anything other than simmudhut.

Everything in game is rather pointless at the moment.