Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Had fun before the event hanging out with folks.

Pretty much lagged out along with everyone else once the event started.

Strange thing though, I managed to get back in... client caught up to server well enough to hold a conversation in my camp. Then as soon as I approached a lone raccoon that had strayed from the pack... immediate serious lag. I was still swinging 5 minutes after I had stopped mashing my mouse buttons. (which, yes, unfortunately, is the level of my ability )

Hopefully they'll have some good server logs/info to work with. Nice meeting everyone who showed up

Holy crap.. I logged back in and I had re-spawned at my totem, several zones away.. And there were a couple raccoons there attacking me..

Did they follow me back to my totem? Crazy..

The Event lasted for five min... did the raccoons at least look any different?

For many weeks we slogged through the muck and the mire...hampered by the Gods themselves.

For days we would stand, immobile, unable to perform even the simplest of task...some of our party succombing to some type of illness where they would be unable to move or talk for long periods of time.

when finally we set eyes upon our objective...THE DEFENSE OF THE SIMPLE RACOONS...we were too late.

the racoons were gone. Their killers having scraped their carcasses clean. A massacre.

Unable to contain the grief after seeing such horror...and having been powerless to prevent it...I flung myself off a cliff.

So you PKed yourself...

there is no death that can cleanse the guilt in my soul. the shame. the horror.

*sob*

So it was a mess? Anyone killed anything (except time)?

I'm glad I slept through it.

Armand and I got about two dozen raccoons and several players before we were forced to log.
    It was pretty fun in the hour leading up to the event.

Quote Originally Posted by Book View Post
    Had fun before the event hanging out with folks.

Pretty much lagged out along with everyone else once the event started.

Strange thing though, I managed to get back in... client caught up to server well enough to hold a conversation in my camp. Then as soon as I approached a lone raccoon that had strayed from the pack... immediate serious lag. I was still swinging 5 minutes after I had stopped mashing my mouse buttons. (which, yes, unfortunately, is the level of my ability )

Hopefully they'll have some good server logs/info to work with. Nice meeting everyone who showed up
    That's pretty much how combat goes in any zone with more than a couple people in it for me.

It was not well thought out.. the ghost timer could have been removed to allow killed players to view the rest of the event.

But I did appreciate the fact that an event was put on and I'm happy the community on both sides stepped up to participate.