Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcalhou View Post
    I don't know where you learned your science from, but shove a blade into someone and I don't care how big they are, it's going to hurt. But let's put something into perspective: I'm 6'3" and about 300Lbs while my cousin is about 5'8" and 200lbs. He can still push me all over the place despite my much larger size, and yes we're both lazy. Also, it's not necessarily true that big guys have more mass. More volume certainly; however, muscle is much more dense than fat. A smaller, but muscular, person can possibly have a greater mass than someone larger, but fatter.
    My science if fine, there are always exceptions to the rule but generally a swing or punch from a guy like swartznegger will hurt much more than one from a guy like martin short...I'm pretty positive about that. If you're expecting it, you're more likely to be able to thwart an attack from the little guy than from the larger. As far as you being pushed about by your cousin, the game doesnt consider the "inability" factor. If a person doesnt have it in them , then no size on earth will matter. As for your last part...I did say guys with similar lifestyle...so both would be working out, and trained fighters...and yes, the bigger guy will have more mass. So and overall....my science is solid.

EDIT: GF said I was being harsh and politically incorrect...so I softened wording.

Quote Originally Posted by Deacon View Post
    Well...if the squeeky wheels are getting the grease, then here comes my squeeking. In othere words, while everyone is getting in their gripes in, I'm gonna too.

Back to the topic of character size...

Reach is not the only factor that should matter in character size. Total strength, as well as ability to abosrb damage. TINY people are less effective when taking a hit from a large guy...face it...the large guy is stronger if similar lifestyles are followed. Big guys have more mass....it's science....

If we're not gonna make it a real difference, then eveyone will be choosing midget toons....Guess I should go play Earthrise if size isnt gonna matter?
    Not necessarily true.

Newton's Second Law of Motion: Force = mass x acceleration

Some big guys are slow.

My science if fine, there are always exceptions to the rule but generally a swing or punch from a guy like swartznegger will hurt much more than one from a guy like martin short...I'm pretty positive about that. If you're expecting it, you're more likely to be able to thwart an attack from the little guy than from the larger. As far as you being pushed about by your cousin, the game doesnt consider the "inability" factor. If a person doesnt have it in them , then no size on earth will matter. As for your last part...I did say guys with similar lifestyle...so both would be working out, and trained fighters...and yes, the bigger guy will have more mass. So and overall....my science is solid.

EDIT: GF said I was being harsh and politically incorrect...so I softened wording.
    Lol

Quote Originally Posted by JCatano View Post
    Not necessarily true.

Newton's Second Law of Motion: Force = mass x acceleration

Some big guys are slow.
    so are SOME small guys....in both cases the operative word is SOME.....as I said....all things being equal.....the big guy will hurt you more MOST times. You're forgetting, it's not pushing or pulling we're talking about(force, the ability to move an object), but impact(stopping an object in motion). Guess we could add distance traveled with velocity and mass to grade impact....with the longer reach...the big guy gets the distance favor as well as mass.

So lets hope next time you're punched by a big guy...you manage to get the slow one.

so are SOME small guys....in both cases the operative word is SOME.....as I said....all things being equal.....the big guy will hurt you more MOST times. You're forgetting, it's not pushing or pulling we're talking about(force, the ability to move an object), but impact(stopping an object in motion). Guess we could add distance traveled with velocity and mass to grade impact....with the longer reach...the big guy gets the distance favor as well as mass.

So lets hope next time you're punched by a big guy...you manage to get the slow one.

This is false ask anyone who has wrestled or done any form of Karate, I have done both i'm very short in size but stocky. Most people who I have sparred with hated me because we are faster than the bigger guys , so therefore we get alot more attacks in than they do.

ALso when it comes to grapping us most of them can't as we are faster again and we have lower center of gravoity these are factors as well, and I know from experince. I have been hit by guys that been doing Karate, and fights in general by bigger guys , yes they hurt but mosta re to damn slow to even land anyhow and we have better dodge effects than they do.

So if you wanna compare size we can do that all day. I know this is not a Karate game but it is fighting so it is the same factors.

nevermind...I'm done with this subject.

But I'm gona take time to answer your post.

This is false ask anyone who has wrestled or done any form of Karate, I have done both i'm very short in size but stocky. Most people who I have sparred with hated me because we are faster than the bigger guys , so therefore we get alot more attacks in than they do.

ALso when it comes to grapping us most of them can't as we are faster again and we have lower center of gravoity these are factors as well, and I know from experince. I have been hit by guys that been doing Karate, and fights in general by bigger guys , yes they hurt but mosta re to damn slow to even land anyhow and we have better dodge effects than they do.

So if you wanna compare size we can do that all day. I know this is not a Karate game but it is fighting so it is the same factors.
    you call BS on me, then present a supposed true life scenario, expecting us all to blindly believe it without question. We know noone would ever fabricate, exagerate, or embellish facts to try prove their point of view as the only right one. Especially on a forum.

Well, truth is alot of us have wrestled, participated in karate, and done even more. It doesnt change the facts because you may....and I emphasize may .....be one exception to the rule.

believe me, I was being nice here too, because if I type what I wanted, I'd be kicked from my tribe and banned form forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamefreak View Post
    2) Combat. If anything needs to change before release, I think that it needs to be this. If any game falls under the category of a button masher, Xsyon does. There is absolutely no player skill involved in PvP. It's a combination of luck and how fast you can spam left and right mouse button clicks. Oh, and of course how much you grind your other skills up to put points into combat. If I was to give the combat in Xsyon a rating right now, it would be around 2/10. This is an honest rating, as literally nothing is involved in it. If the PvP/Combat stays the same for release, you can be guaranteed that people who enjoy PvP will almost always quit the game.

tbh. i dont think ill be even playing at release if combat is like this still even tho i pre-ordered.

i read through i think the first page or two befroe i decided i couldnt read anymore .

Release the game and start us off with what we have at the time , i think alot of people are wanting EVERYTHING the game will ever offer at there fingertips right from the get-go. This just wont ever happen in any game. i look fwd to realease and i love playing the game since day one when i pre orderd, i support what you want to do with this game and i will play it through its many stage ...and a year from now expect to see my post " rember when blah blah blah wasnt in and we had to blah blah " . hell i have played games with alot less then this game offers and had a blast, this is a sandbox game all the way ..... and u all bitch to have someone MAKE /GIVE u something to do ....FFS i wonder if ppl really think about what they ask for sometimes , then bitch when they get it . STOP THE BITCHING AND SUPPORT IT , this game has the best chance of any game coming out IMO, and i watch MM developments like a hawk!

nevermind...I'm done with this subject.

But I'm gona take time to answer your post.

you call BS on me, then present a supposed true life scenario, expecting us all to blindly believe it without question. We know noone would ever fabricate, exagerate, or embellish facts to try prove their point of view as the only right one. Especially on a forum.

Well, truth is alot of us have wrestled, participated in karate, and done even more. It doesnt change the facts because you may....and I emphasize may .....be one exception to the rule.

believe me, I was being nice here too, because if I type what I wanted, I'd be kicked from my tribe and banned form forums.

Take a chill pill, first if you want to give your opinion, then respect it enough to listen to others opinions or get off the forums with your self rightous self.

Take a chill pill, first if you want to give your opinion, then respect it enough to listen to others opinions or get off the forums with your self rightous self.
    Perhaps you are right. While it doesnt alter my thoughts on the size issue, I do appologize for my response to you.