Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Some critics

And of course paving the junkpiles serves the same thing, skilling up your terraforming. Lol. We all know you are a griefer and exploiter, MrDDT, so just leave it there. Some pathetic excuses won't change a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    And of course paving the junkpiles serves the same thing, skilling up your terraforming. Lol. We all know you are a griefer and exploiter, MrDDT, so just leave it there. Some pathetic excuses won't change a thing.
    If someone comes along and kills you, takes your stuff, hides, and kills you again when you return, is that griefing?

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    Loving the personal attacks because you cant make a true case on any other points.

Here is a little quote from the FEATURES!

Economy

The economy is entirely player run. It relies heavily on players to gather resources, craft necessary items and trade. Players can barter or buy and sell using local currency.
    Tribes can set local currencies based on found currency items.
    Town and individual bank accounts.
    Towns can impose taxes.
    Player run trade through town totems.
    Resources can be controlled and destroyed to reduce supply.
    Trade between individuals and towns.
    I put it in bold for you.

I see no issues with what I did, I understand the game fully, and how econ works. Its econ 101. Supply and Demand. You should read up on it.

5x double post because the web-server is crap.

This is about logging.

I really see no problem in people going around cutting all the trees.

Now if the same person destorys the trees and logs then that is a real problem.

Someone cut down a lot of trees in my area, which mean for the next days I have to work on moving all the wood to my camp The person didnt even chop them into logs which gives me the option to choose what log.(I figured they did this to let me choose the logs, maybe to not leave their name behind on the logs, maybe was someone with high skill and didnt want to give away high skill logs, or whatever reason at least its a lot of wood)

Now im building up a bunch of extra wood so thats nice.

I really dont know if MrDDT is mainly trying to get strength and logging skill. I remember once hearing you in chat asking if anyone knew a good place to cut trees down. I had just got an axe so my respons wasnt what it would have been an hour or so before that. I might have asked you to come and cut some trees down for me and I would pay you to do it.

I could see that happening with the skills how they are now. Someone might ask a high skilled logger to come chop the trees into logs.

Double post, forum is having a bad day today.

Quote Originally Posted by Azhul_NS View Post
    If someone comes along and kills you, takes your stuff, hides, and kills you again when you return, is that griefing?
    No. But if he does things to annoy people and he does that repeatedly, driving players away from the game by that that is griefing. If he kills someone repeatedly that is griefing as well ( more than 4 times, definition by the GMs).

If someone kills him, and he exploits that his character is bugged and respawn at the same spot and kills the victor while he is recovering, that is exploiting.

Griefers and exploiters always use game mechanics, so thats not an argument 'its not griefing since the game allows me to do it!'.

And there is nothing personal in it. I have never met DDT in the game, he has no idea where my totem is, he has never terraformed and clearcut around my area. I just see that his actions are bad for the game, he drives away new players and that hurts all of us.

Economy

The economy is entirely player run. It relies heavily on players to gather resources, craft necessary items and trade. Players can barter or buy and sell using local currency.
    Towns can impose taxes.

Ok, i can see how destroying the trees would be viable.

What i ment by it would be a problem is, that it would make people very unhappy or mad.

MrDDT why do you have a guest account ,is a guest account subscription free if so why should i pay while you can do as you please building roads on junkpiles clearing trees ?

Quote Originally Posted by goodayve View Post
    Economy

Towns can impose taxes.

What i ment by it would be a problem is, that it would make people very unhappy or mad.
    People are going to get mad when they die, they are going to get mad when they break a tool, they are going to get mad when someone builds near a resource they want. Nothing I did with the trees or removing resources from the game was breaking any rules.

Upsetting people is normal when you have PVP. Even WOW has this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Josluc View Post
    MrDDT why do you have a guest account ,is a guest account subscription free if so why should i pay while you can do as you please building roads on junkpiles clearing trees ?
    Talk to the forum mods why my account says that. Im not sure why.

Jadzia,
    Calling someone a "greifer" and "exploiter" is a personal attack.
    Attacking someone over and over can be greifing if there were nothing the player can do about it, however, there are safe areas and many things players can do to not be attacked.

Quote Originally Posted by goodayve View Post
    Economy

Towns can impose taxes.

People are going to get mad when they die, they are going to get mad when they break a tool, they are going to get mad when someone builds near a resource they want. Nothing I did with the trees or removing resources from the game was breaking any rules.

Upsetting people is normal when you have PVP. Even WOW has this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Josluc View Post
    Talk to the forum mods why my account says that. Im not sure why.

Jadzia,
    Calling someone a "greifer" and "exploiter" is a personal attack.
    Attacking someone over and over can be greifing if there were nothing the player can do about it, however, there are safe areas and many things players can do to not be attacked.