Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I personly would like to see skills set to minus to still be able to gain stats from doing them.
    Here is my reasoning for this.
    I have played other games that tried to lock stats to skills. The results where, fighter types could easly beat crafter gather type chars, So rolling a crafter gather type char was just the same as saying "Iam gonna be a victim for the rest of my game life."
    Resulting in cookie cutter roll of chars. I mean no one wants to be a victim.
    Now the DEVs tried hard to defend thier choice in this by saying things like, well the fighters can defend the crafters. Not sure about anyone else but Iam not paying 15 bucks a month to stand around and watch someone else cut trees, boring enough to do it, much less stand there and watch someone else do it.

Think I would like to see str and fort maxed would result in a set amount of HP ( for all players ) Its very dishearting for new players to find out old players can have 20 times the best you can ever hope have. And snowballs chance in heck of losing those hp. I mean lets equal out the field here, Its PVP and all should have the same fair chance.
    Time invested should reap rewards, being able to make better items ect., but all should have the opertunity to be able to reach the same level of items stats and skills, if they chose to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by tomduril View Post
    Bug:
    so now with the changes every skill I aimed for, will be in direct conflict with the Stats I have gained/lost the last 10 months.

Will there be any chance for the veteran players to adjust to the new situation (like the interface on test ... be able to redistribute the stats - probably only once) ? That would really be nice!
    Just to clarify: Yes, you will be able to adjust your stats. Right now it's set to 4 adjustments, but I might lower this to 2, but increase this adjustment count every time there are substantial changes to skills or stats.

The Test Server is resarting now (8:30 PM PST) with a few fixes and changes:

- Base movement speed increased with the affect of agility further revised. Please provide feedback on this. I personally think these speeds are too high now, but you all are more used to playing. This can be further revised after the public patch, so it's not holding anything up.

- Skills update on every use count now.

- Skill gain set back to normal (instead of 50 times gain)

- Problems with the Level Up and Stat Adjustment panel fixed. Decimals display now in both panels.

Barring any last minute critical issues, this patch is finally ready for the public and we will patch out today. If you test and find any critical issues at all, please report here, or alert one of our guides.

Thanks!

Running does feel a bit too fast now. There needs to be some room for improvement with mounts, and there won't be much left over if we can already go as fast as we can now.
    Best to change it now before we get "spoiled" and then have to swallow some huge nerf to run speed when mounts become available in order to give them a discernable advantage. Wouldn't that be lovely?

The only real problem I see with the changes is not the changes itself but now that we have to pick if we want to be the best we can be in that craft(and im fine with that been waiting a year for this change) then why would anyone who wants to craft armor ever pick bonecraft? To be the best Bonecrafter I can be I would be wearing a LEATHER suit because the the bone fort bonus sucks.The only thing bone has going for it is slight def over leather and str bonus and even that can be higher in a leather suit.Most suits in bone are human and they have no stats so there useless so we got str and fort and both are better in leather.Leather has str,fort,dex and agil hum wonder what armor people will pick it just means we will have twice as many leather crafter because no one is going to pick bonecraft when theres only one suit that matters.Tailoring is fine its got charm,spirt,intel and i think agil.

2 small fixing...i think could be open slot armor sets that can use any bone like leathers got and give human bones a bonus like perception although agil fits better with a combat suit but perception has no home for a bonus yet.

I would really like to pick bonecraft but in worried to make it a main craft but I dont want to pick it and its 6 months till you make it more usefull and not look silly next to leather.Or just give it the kind of def it should have over the other IMO crafting suits leather and tailoring.

Running looks fine I can see that its a bit faster for lower end AGI than it was before, top end still seems to be fast, too fast? Maybe not really sure looks like people might choose lower AGI now because movement isnt as big of a problem.

Stat gain seems low. Cutting 200 trees at 100 skill gave me 0 gains in stats.
    Cutting 187 trees at 25 skill gave me .1 stats. (Gained 3 points of logging, which seems fine)

Bug:At 100 skill you dont see the "uses" update correctly.

Animals (higher end) still seem to easy to me. Killed a bear with a VHQ pick, and naked over 1/2 my life left and it was an older bear (Gave 1.41 stats on the flat bone) which if I had to guess was about an 8 or 9 year old bear.

I agree with what Unclean666 is saying, however, not sure this is the right topic for it. I agree that balancing leather/tailoring/bonecrafting needs to be done.

nvm cause test is now unavailable... derp

I can see the wealthy players just having more alts to do more skills which is a form of pay for power. I'm okay in principle to skill selection as it should encourage more trade with the majority. We can boycott the rich players I have had a little bit of time on the test server, but don't know the total ins and outs though. I have noticed though on the original post that new future trades will be introduced and I'm more worried how they would be introduced when one has already mastered existing trades.

would you ever consider a technology tree system that you can keep as a secret surprise maybe?

Suggested examples would be:

Scavenging would at some level let you discover scrap-crafting which in turn might give birth to being a black smith.
    Hunting may give rise to Animal Taming, then domestication and butchery for the meat?
    Forestry could lead to Agriculture? Foraging could lead to alchemy, dyes, herbal medicines?
    Resources if high enough could venture into mining to get coal & various ore.
    Basketry, one which is restricted to a small amount recipes should go onto being able to spin & weave cloth from natural materials and even carpets maybe?
    Wood crafting surely should get you into Furniture making?
    Fire making is pretty pointless at the moment and I don't think anyone has bothered with this. Imagine if you had to get a level of fire making to allow cooking, metal smelting or even glass blowing to get the windows everyone wants.

I think if you came up with your own technology tree and kept it secret then it would be kind of cool, doesn't need a big tech tree window just the bills & whistles messages that you have discovered the trade and it appears in the relevant skill pool with starting recipes.

As this patch is going live now, I will start a new Feedback thread for continued balance of these changes.

Thanks for all the feedback!

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    I can see the wealthy players just having more alts to do more skills which is a form of pay for power. I'm okay in principle to skill selection as it should encourage more trade with the majority. We can boycott the rich players I have had a little bit of time on the test server, but don't know the total ins and outs though. I have noticed though on the original post that new future trades will be introduced and I'm more worried how they would be introduced when one has already mastered existing trades.

would you ever consider a technology tree system that you can keep as a secret surprise maybe?

Suggested examples would be:

Scavenging would at some level let you discover scrap-crafting which in turn might give birth to being a black smith.
    Hunting may give rise to Animal Taming, then domestication and butchery for the meat?
    Forestry could lead to Agriculture? Foraging could lead to alchemy, dyes, herbal medicines?
    Resources if high enough could venture into mining to get coal & various ore.
    Basketry, one which is restricted to a small amount recipes should go onto being able to spin & weave cloth from natural materials and even carpets maybe?
    Wood crafting surely should get you into Furniture making?
    Fire making is pretty pointless at the moment and I don't think anyone has bothered with this. Imagine if you had to get a level of fire making to allow cooking, metal smelting or even glass blowing to get the windows everyone wants.

I think if you came up with your own technology tree and kept it secret then it would be kind of cool, doesn't need a big tech tree window just the bills & whistles messages that you have discovered the trade and it appears in the relevant skill pool with starting recipes.

I think this is way off topic, and good to put into a suggestion.

About the more alts to do more skills, its also about time management. Skilling up many crafts would also require more time to get all the right stats on more than 1 char. Just think of how many overlapping stats/skills there are and the wasted time it would have trying to get 2+ toons to cover that, when you could just trade.

There is no way to stop alts unless you allow everyone to do everything at the max level. Which I think hurts the game as shown before. Its not in the original plan either.

About adding in new skills later or after you have already mastered your trades, you can simply pick up any new skill added and will have to choose which ones you want more.