Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JCatano View Post
    dfend:

- Many people in SWG had 2+ accounts. I know some people in DF with 5+. EVE has a whole lot with multiple accounts. I had two in DAoC, and so did at half of the playerbase when the game started to dwindle population-wise. It was a normal occurrence to see 20-30 buff bots at the frontier gatekeeps. Anyway, they don't have to be alt accounts. Forced distance doesn't mean anything, either (it's not even very far). It still chokes areas.

- Neutrals do not have to leave if being supplied by non-neutrals. Also, depending on how large their tribe is, they may have plenty of resources within, or at least very near, the safety border. Politics won't affect them, because you suggested something where they cannot be affected.

- Go play Darkfall, and you'll learn what a shield is. This is a twitch based game, and if Neutrals are safe from attack and collision is implemented, it doesn't take a genius to see how they can be used when two people are trying to fight. If there are any ex-SWG players here, they will remember Temporary Enemy Flag exploits, and that game didn't even have character collision.

You still don't get it. Neutrals are untouchable ONLY when they are in their own claim. So yes, a neutral might block you if you fight another player -within- the neutrals claim.. But why should he do that, when he could kill both you and the evil player. (They are both in his claim) You dont sound like someone who has played Darkfall btw. Meetshields srsly ? You are from NEW ? And the multiple account problem isnt really related to the suggestions that were made. I understand you have your concerns but you havnt stated even one legal arguement yet. (Yes, I read your stuff..)
    Greetings
    WoA

dfend -

I'm not looking 6-9 months down the road, which you obviously are. That's 6+ months of crappy, exploitive gameplay.

As far as your last quote, having the enemy jump in and out of a Neutral's borders to possibly take advantage of shielding isn't good gaming at all. Telling someone it would be their fault for trying to PvP inside of the area isn't necessarily a good fix. It would just lead to people jumping in and out of the area with some Neutrals running around trying to be dolts.

---

woachaos -

Been playing DF since the first day of release. GPS will teach you how to blue shield.

Go back and read... The Neutral tribe area is exactly what I'm talking about. You assume the Neutral would attack both people with regard to the OP's suggestion. Anyone jumping into their area would be doing so for an obvious reason (friendly with them).

I'll buy 3-4 accounts and throw up Neutral tribes around your claim, and we can all be happy. Right?

Quote Originally Posted by JCatano View Post
    defend -

I'm not looking 6-9 months down the road, which you obviously are. That's 6+ months of crappy, exploitive gameplay.

As far as your last quote, having the enemy jump in and out of a Neutral's borders to possibly take advantage of shielding isn't good gaming at all. Telling someone it would be their fault for trying to PvP inside of the area isn't necessarily a good fix. It would just lead to people jumping in and out of the area with some Neutrals running around trying to be dolts.

---

woachaos -

Been playing DF since the first day of release. GPS will teach you how to blue shield.

Go back and read... The Neutral tribe area is exactly what I'm talking about. You assume the Neutral would attack both people with regard to the OP's suggestion. Anyone jumping into their area would be doing so for an obvious reason (friendly with them).

I'll buy 3-4 accounts and throw up Neutral tribes around your claim, and we can all be happy. Right?
    Ok so we have safe zones in every tribe zone now.....lol

And yes you can buy 3-4 account and place them around your tribe but the neutral player is only SAFE on his territory. So you have 3-4 accounts were every account is only safe on his territory....great

The OP suggested his idea for the Prelude. Only for that. Not any later. I can't believe I still reply to you...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Niburu View Post
    Ok so we have safe zones in every tribe zone now.....lol

And yes you can buy 3-4 account and place them around your tribe but the neutral player is only SAFE on his territory. So you have 3-4 accounts were every account is only safe on his territory....great
    I don't think you're looking at the entire scope of the issue. There are metagame situations that will affect everything. Dfend commented on a few and didn't necessarily disagree.

It's one thing to say that you're OK with the situations this can cause, but it's an entirely different thing to say:

"That won't ever happen!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    The OP suggested his idea for the Prelude. Only for that. Not any later. I can't believe I still reply to you...lol.
    I know he did. Do you even read entire threads?

Who said this a few posts above this one:

"I'm not looking 6-9 months down the road, which you obviously are. That's 6+ months of crappy, exploitive gameplay."

So, basicaly you think Neutral players will gang up on Evil/Good players within the Neutral players own safezone to block them. Or you make 3-4 accounts and do that yourself? You gonna control 3-5 clients simultaniously? You have friends who will control the chars for you?

Fine, so I would avoid that neutral territory. Which I'm gonna do anyway since I cant PvP the Neutrals. Why would I even go to them? Me, as an Evil player will go to the Good players territory and PvP there. Or out in the open. And you cant compare Darkfall Shielding (relogging to gain an invulnerable shield for a certain time anywhere in the world) with having a very area restricted invulnerability in an open world game.

But yes, you could use the Neutrals to block other players on the Neutrals own territory. In fact, you can even kill those players because they cannot attack Neutrals on the Neutrals own territory. Until Tribal Wars that is. Which is exactly how the whole game currently is. And in order to change that, to make it a little more appealing to people who like PvP (Good/Evil) while still having the exact same game rules/mechanics like now for people who do not want PvP all the time (Neutral) I suggested the changes I pointed out in the first post.

There are no exploits with the Neutrals possible that are not already possible as the Neutrals use the exact same mechanics and ruleset like every tribe right now.

One person doesn't have to control the characters... Nobody has to control them for "me". Some people are just friendly towards one another.

I'm not talking about relog shielding. I was referring to blue shielding against people who rather not lose alignment. Similar ordeal.

Saying how the game currently is doesn't mean you should suggest keeping a bad mechanic since it's only going to be in for 6 months.

I'm gonna add just one more thing before I leave this thread alone. This game was never meant to be about PvP, from what I've read and heard. Jooky has a plan to balance PvP and other aspects of the game and I seriously doubt that he will change it unless balance shifts one way or another. If all you care for is PvP this game is not for you.

Quote Originally Posted by yoori View Post
    I'm gonna add just one more thing before I leave this thread alone. This game was never meant to be about PvP, from what I've read and heard. Jooky has a plan to balance PvP and other aspects of the game and I seriously doubt that he will change it unless balance shifts one way or another. If all you care for is PvP this game is not for you.
    The question is for what are you crafting than and building up your home, for what is weaponcraft and armor ingame, you comment makes seriously no sense ? You need conflicts, conflicts are solved with PVP. The whole world is about PVP, eat or beeing eaten. I think the Dev's don't want meaningless gank squads running around he want a reason for PVP other that to only kill others.