Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by jumpshot View Post
    1) can we not base our opinions on what happens when we have the shittiest armor in the game? I'm not sure this is the most intelligent basis for an argument. Armor HAS mitigation, so it's not "broke." It's not MUCH mitigation because ITS CRAP ARMOR.
    Just a suggestion: no armor should be utterly worthless. Saying "it's the worst armor, what do you expect?" is hardly a sensible or intelligent response. Armors should be tweaked to the point where they are useful.

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by jumpshot View Post
    1) can we not base our opinions on what happens when we have the shittiest armor in the game? I'm not sure this is the most intelligent basis for an argument. Armor HAS mitigation, so it's not "broke." It's not MUCH mitigation because ITS CRAP ARMOR.
    Just a suggestion: no armor should be utterly worthless. Saying "it's the worst armor, what do you expect?" is hardly a sensible or intelligent response. Armors should be tweaked to the point where they are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Chavoda View Post
    getting prioritized correctly acording to you and some others, ..stop setting priorities and let the devs sort it out eh..

-pvp placeholder
    -armor has migration /stats
    -nobody in game has decent armor
    -come back when you tested it serious, and testing is, grinding a toon up to make all the armor sets at highest craft level , then you know what your talking about.
    OK, so what you're saying is that you're cool with naked+po weapon pvp for the first 30-45 days, and you're totally good with anything you craft until [70?80?) skill being completely worthless in 'real world' application.

great.

ITs not worthless and yes thats how every single game works in case you dint know it yet..
    You start whit crap and you use the crap to get better crap to make slightly ok stuff then in turn you use to make ok stuff and in turn you use that to make fine stuff and whit fine stuff you make slight better stuff and ..............

In a themepark you start at lvl one.. in a sandbox to , you just don't see fancy numbers. this ain't a fps.. things have to grow. that you find every other aspect of the game stupid and worthless is your own thing..

5. 03-08-2011, 02:06 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Chavoda View Post
    ITs not worthless and yes thats how every single game works in case you dint know it yet..
    You start whit crap and you use the crap to get better crap to make slightly ok stuff then in turn you use to make ok stuff and in turn you use that to make fine stuff and whit fine stuff you make slight better stuff and ..............

In a themepark you start at lvl one.. in a sandbox to , you just don't see fancy numbers. this ain't a fps.. things have to grow. that you find every other aspect of the game stupid and worthless is your own thing..
    Have you pvp'd?

because the entire point im making IS YOU SPAWN WITH A HI QUALITY HI DAMAGE WEAPON AND YOU HAVE NO ABILITY TO MITIGATE THAT DAMAGE FOR QUITE SOME TIME.

so yes, in a typical situation, you start out with nothing, and gradually get better. In this situation you start out a weapon that is vastly superior to any counter measures you'll be able to effectively employ for quite some time.

I just want to make sure, because i can see the tears rolling now for the legions of 'naked griefers' (15-20) roaming the world terrorizing the population with the rude immoral behavior..and their should be more consequence because they don't lose anything when the die...because they showed up naked to fight. I just don't want to hear those tears.

naked gankers , 08/15 slapboxer whatever .....never join the brainless mainstream .

I'm wondering if anyone who played before the preorder could tell us what combat was like back then... or did everyone just use unarmed?

Have you pvp'd?
    Plenty

because the entire point im making IS YOU SPAWN WITH A HI QUALITY HI DAMAGE WEAPON AND YOU HAVE NO ABILITY TO MITIGATE THAT DAMAGE FOR QUITE SOME TIME.

so yes, in a typical situation, you start out with nothing, and gradually get better. In this situation you start out a weapon that is vastly superior to any counter measures you'll be able to effectively employ for quite some time.
    For the next month 90% of the player base will have a weapon like that and everyone will be naked..so its not about fair fights here, is the omg i cant gank/hunt , its useless i cant loot them there all naked mentally at play here? .
    the actual crafted weapons are better and yes I have some limited test done on that. its your assumption based on no test that you are "shouting" about.

I just want to make sure, because i can see the tears rolling now for the legions of 'naked griefers' (15-20) roaming the world terrorizing the population with the rude immoral behavior..and their should be more consequence because they don't lose anything when the die...because they showed up naked to fight. I just don't want to hear those tears.
    Save zones, everyone lacks armor, everyone got a pre-order weapon of sort..

Your making a point about someting that is currently simply no point. even if armor was purely useless atm and dint got better. things wil chance for the better toward your beloved pvp, but not right now. right now is a simple skill based whit lag handicap limited pvp game were you wont find much lootz or reason to fight.

i am happy that you are happy with the system.

Looks like everyones happy.

I agree with the other guy, GSO