Page 7 of 40 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Update March 4

Hello everyone!

Before arguments get out of hand I will make some sure things are clear up front. I see already many misconceptions about the War and Peace servers.

- Both servers will start off the same.
    - Both will have PvP with consequences.
    - The Peace server is not a PvE server.
    - Safe zones will be removed during the prelude on the War server when towns can defend themselves. This is not a Chaos or griefer server, but a server for players that want tribal warfare and conquest.
    - The differences between servers will be slight. This will not require a lot of additional development, just a matter of settings and switches in the code.
    - Both servers will evolve with each player base. The plan is and will always be to evolve with what the player base wants.
    - The servers are an option. You can play on both if you like.

http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...-Xsyon-Updates

Quote Originally Posted by baka77 View Post
    Virtus, I understand that you guys need to split the population for technical reasons. However, you may REALLY want to reconsider giving them different rule sets. It gives the impression that your motives are something different entirely. I think people would accept two identical servers MUCH more than trying to put pvpers & carebears in their own little areas.
    I have a funny feeling that the hosts and/or the game code cannot handle too many people. I did a WhoIs to the server and the two companies it could be don't look very impressive to me. So, it could be that.... It could be the code... It could be both.

Hope I'm wrong!

LOL, this is actually sort of hilarious.

Jordi needs us to be on 2 servers due to technical limitations, but the way he has set it up just about guarantees that the split will be 90/10 rather than the 50/50 he needs.

Classic blunder, though luckily not too late to change it.

It isn't a lack of bears, they are there, just all pushed into the green mist due to the number of homesteads and tribes in the initial area. There is no room for the breeding mechanics to kick in as they are constantly migrating out. This is one of the major reasons for two servers.

I would second the idea of having both be based on the same ruleset. Less work for devs, and less chance of a wildly imbalanced split of players.

Drev

Quote Originally Posted by Treepoet View Post
    In my opinion, I think that it can be viewed as "not thought through" because that's exactly what it is. It was never intended in the original design (AFAIK), but is the result of Jordi (and the other decision-makers) doing his / their best to make everyone satisfied and enjoy the game in the way that they wish. He thought that players wanted a server without safezones immediately, and why shouldn't he have? They've got it, but now they have to understand that the game was not ready for safe zones to be removed this early on, so what they are going to have at launch is going to be the chaos that they were dreaming of. Unfinished, unrefined, unintended chaos, that will take time to make work.
    Sorry, I don't understand why you posted.

I could rant on this but I won't, because to be honest your previous posts in the thread have hardly been well minded and balanced.

Everyone wants to play the game we were sold - lets wait for the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfmoonstrike View Post
    Update March 4

Many thanks we now have more info. Please however do NOT implement this. It will lead to griefing.

Quote Originally Posted by Virtus View Post
    I am asking for a clear answer, please stand by
    If his last update was an answer... It didn't answer the question.

Will the Peace server have safe zones removed after Prelude or are they permanent? If the latter, easy choice for my tribe. If the former, a bit tougher.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfmoonstrike View Post
    Update March 4

Hello everyone!

Before arguments get out of hand I will make some sure things are clear up front. I see already many misconceptions about the War and Peace servers.

- Both servers will start off the same.
    - Both will have PvP with consequences.
    - The Peace server is not a PvE server.
    - Safe zones will be removed during the prelude on the War server when towns can defend themselves. This is not a Chaos or griefer server, but a server for players that want tribal warfare and conquest.
    - The differences between servers will be slight. This will not require a lot of additional development, just a matter of settings and switches in the code.
    - Both servers will evolve with each player base. The plan is and will always be to evolve with what the player base wants.

Sadly, Jordi's intentions are not as important as people's perceptions when it comes to this matter. No matter how you slice it, given the current information we have Peace server is going to be mad over-populated & War is gonna be a ghost town.

This forum is full of buffoons. What is confirmed now is that the population will grow since its now confirmed not a niche FFA PvP game. The PvPers will leave while the sandboxers will come.

PvP will still be on the peace servers just outside tribal zones (which can be changed by the tribal leader) and homesteads.

So basically,
    Peace = the way the game is meant to be played, PvP, full loot, etc
    War = Everyting above minus safe zones, a haven for whining pkers who will quit in a month

Nice job development team. I commend this decision. It is unfortunate you will have to close down the War server after a month or two, but its the only way to get those PK whiners to shut up for now.

Quote Originally Posted by baka77 View Post
    Sadly, Jordi's intentions are not as important as people's perceptions when it comes to this matter. No matter how you slice it, given the current information we have Peace server is going to be mad over-populated & War is gonna be a ghost town.
    I would rather have one overpopulated server and one underpopulated than one underpopulated server.

Good decision Dev team.