Red Name - Please Clarify

OK, have really been loving the actually hiding and sneaking you can do in this game. Laying down behind rocks, blending into scrap piles, sneaking through trees, etc etc. Not talking about the Hide skill, that is useful too, but not what I am talking about.

I also love that you really don't know who someone is, until you get within about one square away. Very lifelike, very unique, most every other game does it different and I love that Xsyon does it right.

Right now, when you get close enough, and select the person next to you, their name shows above their head in black. Simple enough. In the future, if I am evil (and I plan to be) when I am selected, my name will be red. OK, fine. What I am concerned about, is will my name be always floating over my head red, or only when someone is close enough to select me and decides to.

If my ability to use the terrain to hide is hindered by a constant red floating name above my head, I am going to be quite ticked off, just like the good players shouldn't have a green name constantly floating above their heads.

Please, someone that knows clarify.

Bottom-line, if it is always there, then that needs to be changed. Don't take away my fun of hiding in the bushes and behind rocks etc. If they click on me, I can show red, np, but make them have to notice my avatar first, not just see some blazing red name across the field and know to run to their mommies.

x2

Good question.

Its a shame that all these hiding aspects of the game are abit "underdeveloped" because of the camera. If we wouldn't be able to rotate and zoom out like we can now while moving the game would be much more entertaining i guess

Camera pan and the far out zoom needs to be taken out for some real sneaking situations. I'd compromise and be happy with just camera pan taken out, I guess.

Hide needs to be deleted, too. Lame skill.

Hide needs to be improved, too. Promising skill.
    Fixed. Don't be a downer

If nothing changed, known evil players will have their name always visible. I don't know if known evil person is someone you marked as foe or anyone with strong evil karma.
    Hiding skill should hide your name always.

I kind of agree that a button to hide is dumb. Hiding in the bushes or behind a tree is pro... push 3 is not. But I understand every game can't be just like the last game I played so w/e.

I dunno I can never see peoples names anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by jumpshot View Post

I dunno I can never see peoples names anyway.
    If it stands as it is in game now, it is fine, you canot see a name until you click on that person AND they have to be close to you. If my name shows red under those conditions (clicking and close) I have no issue. If my name ALWAYS shows from any distance, that is what I have an issue with.

lol wear ur visible red name with pride u've earned it lol