Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    The Sims is the most popular PC game. Just saying. I bet the devs would be happy if they got the same size of playerbase, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by esudar View Post
    you naive cute carebears really thought this was enough, didnt you
    Sounds like someone needs to take a deep breath and remember that this is just a video game. The vitriol coming out of your mouth is laced with self-loathing and a hatred for complete strangers you've never met in real life. Chill, mighty PvP man, chill.

Quote Originally Posted by Drevar View Post
    The problem the big tribes seem to be having is that they used their accumulated knowledge in Alpha/Beta and planned and optimized their course of action...and then blew through it all in the first week. Those of us who homestead/solo are still working on getting settled, so we have much to do still.

I am still a bit puzzled by some comments, though. Jordi has repeatedly stated that the game is centered around rebuilding civilization and societies after an apocalypse (especially in Prelude) with a minor focus on PvP, yet people are complaining that there is "nothing to do but build and craft" and very little chance or reason for PvP......well, duh.
    ^ this, yet people dont understand, get the minecraft folks to join, i know everyone knows at least one person that plays that game on peaceful.

Sirius as much as I am a peacenik and am not going to PvP myself does not mean I don't want PvP.
    To avoid confussion I'll lay out what I personally want:
    1. The ability to tag your tribe semi-permanently/permanently either warring or peaceful;
    Peaceful tribes would have totem safe zone but cannot attack on others lands, warring would not have totem safe zone and will be able to attack on all non-safe lands

2. I want PVP, without PVP I can only sell so many pieces of armor before the market is flooded

3. Decay, gradually on use, heavy on death. I want all armor and weapons to get 10-20% decay on death; from bears and PVP and a 3% per day when worn, 2% when stored in outside, 1% when stored in a building.

4. I want Totems (10 damage points) of warring, and undeclared, tribes to be destroyable, they can take up to 2 damage points per day (by an opposing PVPer using the totem - with a bar on use like opening baskets) and let tribe members heal their totem at the rate of once per day; this will cause abandoned totems to be destroyed within a week.

5. I want more clothing options especially regular pants, shirts, skirts, and dresses (doesn't have to be from sets, maybe skill lvl bound)

Do these sound good to you Sirius?
    Tell me what you want; don't just say "you peaceniks are ruining the game" can PVPers that are overly aggressive also ruin the game for those that don't like to be spawn camped (hence the need for safe zones)

Quote Originally Posted by AlexTaldren View Post
    Sounds like someone needs to take a deep breath and remember that this is just a video game. The vitriol coming out of your mouth is laced with self-loathing and a hatred for complete strangers you've never met in real life. Chill, mighty PvP man, chill.
    Internet Warriors are men among men, the epitome of virility, the champions of masculinity. Women flock to them, and common men wish to be them. Please do remember this when addressing them Alex, for the fervor and tempered courage they exhibit online is a direct representation of those behind the keyboard.

Xsyon Citizen
    Darkbladed, the things you posted sound more or less fine. To clarify, I'm not exactly saying that you "peaceniks" are ruining the game, just predicting that many of you come to feel that this is all pointless without a solid foundation of PVP to make it all interesting and worthwhile, and will rethink your approach to this game. And additionally, the comments were intended partly as a response to people who seem to be saying that the game should be fine as-is for all of prelude, 6+ months, even if that means no meaningful PVP.

Quote Originally Posted by esudar
    you naive cute carebears really thought this was enough, didnt you
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexTaldren View Post
    If that counts as "vitriol", brosef, you may be the most plentiful source of vitriol around. Calling someone "naive" and "cute" does not evince hatred, but you certainly seem to go off the deep end on a regular basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Armand View Post
    Internet Warriors are men among men, the epitome of virility, the champions of masculinity. Women flock to them, and men wish to be them. Please do remember this when addressing them Alex, for the fervor and tempered courage they exhibit online is a direct representation of those behind the keyboard.
    Jeez, you people certainly are fond of ad hominem attacks.

BTW, women do flock to me IRL, but that's because I am tall, good-looking, well-built, smart, and well-educated, and not because of my online internet gaming persona, which I generally keep somewhat hidden from normal people :P

with the servers being worked on daily for maintenance your going to have animals re spawning faster. so all that about not having anything to hunt is going to go away.

when players go out hunting its going to give the Pkers something to do and they will go out hunting.

When the PKers start killing the hunters its going to give the politicians something to do.

Being political and having diplomacy is going to give the tribe something to RP about

The problem revolves around hunting animals because that's the PvErs food and with out there food there population is slowing which is causing issues with the food chain.

Food chain of Xsyon:

Animals>PvErs>PvP&Crafters&Traders>Diplomats&RPers &Tribes

See with out animals the big fish can't eat and grow to be eaten by the bigger fish.

Of course the city builders are fine because usually you just need fish which isn't really in the food chain. (figuratively not literally)

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
    Jeez, you people certainly are fond of ad hominem attacks.
    I sing only the praises of the Keyboard Champions, "brosef".

The testosterone fueled passion is blinding many to the undisputed fact that the current product is incomplete and under development. Everyone and his dog knows that PvP (in all its shapes and forms) is an integral part of any successful online game.

Some are simply fanatical in their assertions and propaganda of their "hardcore" image.

Quote Originally Posted by darkbladed View Post
    Sirius as much as I am a peacenik and am not going to PvP myself does not mean I don't want PvP.
    To avoid confussion I'll lay out what I personally want:
    1. The ability to tag your tribe semi-permanently/permanently either warring or peaceful;
    Peaceful tribes would have totem safe zone but cannot attack on others lands, warring would not have totem safe zone and will be able to attack on all non-safe lands

2. I want PVP, without PVP I can only sell so many pieces of armor before the market is flooded

3. Decay, gradually on use, heavy on death. I want all armor and weapons to get 10-20% decay on death; from bears and PVP and a 3% per day when worn, 2% when stored in outside, 1% when stored in a building.

4. I want Totems (10 damage points) of warring, and undeclared, tribes to be destroyable, they can take up to 2 damage points per day (by an opposing PVPer using the totem - with a bar on use like opening baskets) and let tribe members heal their totem at the rate of once per day; this will cause abandoned totems to be destroyed within a week.

5. I want more clothing options especially regular pants, shirts, skirts, and dresses (doesn't have to be from sets, maybe skill lvl bound)

Do these sound good to you Sirius?
    Tell me what you want; don't just say "you peaceniks are ruining the game" can PVPers that are overly aggressive also ruin the game for those that don't like to be spawn camped (hence the need for safe zones)
    from a loose conceptual standpoint...i'd agree. I'd disagree with some of the details you have, but as a starting point, it's a 1000% better than what we have now.

I think what sirius means when he's saying that peacniks are ruining the game...is that those who are espousing that the current situation is wonderful, that there is absolutely nothing wrong with the current state of the game...that attitude is troublesome.

I stood outside several large tribes areas last ngiht for about 2 hours, gathering sand (in 740). I ran about a zone and a half to get there(from mid 700). I didn't see single player there. While on the outskirts of these other tribes areas gathering their sand, i did not see, hear, much less be approached by another player (either in friendship or with ill intent). I killed 2 coyotes in the area. Which would lead me to believe that not too many people have been hanging around those townships. I didn't see another player on the run back. There were dozens of tribes and homesteads that i ran through.

The world is empty.

it needs a defib, stat.

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by Armand
    I sing only the praises of the Keyboard Champions, "brosef".

The testosterone fueled passion is blinding many to the undisputed fact that the current product is incomplete and under development. Everyone and his dog knows that PvP (in all its shapes and forms) is an integral part of any successful online game.

Some are simply fanatical in their assertions and propaganda of their "hardcore" image.
    You're repeatedly asserting that other people's comments are based on their hatred, "hardcore image", and other purported personality defects, rather than sensible gameplay observations and suggestions. That's character assassination, the most dishonest of all dishonest debate tactics, in its purest form – and no amount of jaded sarcasm will change that.