Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Im falling in LOVE with this community...EPIC THREAD!!!

Did someone encroach on your resources? OH NOOOS...Maybe you should go siege their village and teach them a lesson? Oh wait, you cant. Also, many of you are against that or any ideas involving relative scenarios close to it. God forbid anyone have a consequence for something as atrocious as this type of behavior. Amirite?

Quote Originally Posted by wolfmoonstrike View Post
    Make it so players can't destroy a stump unless its on your land (or tribe's land).
    Ok...that's simply going to make me pick a spot outside of someones totem within proper ranges, homestead, THEN do it. Rinse. Repeat. Still no consequences besides my time spent which = pure value to me in tears REAPED by threads like this and in game /crying.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebizzer View Post
    Definitely think it needs to be made a lot harder for 1 person to destroy such a large area as they can now.
    Thats fine. My tribe and I will do it as a Tribe function. We obviously cannot siege that adjacent tribe that is stealing our resources right? They also won't come out of their SAFE ZONE to face any risk or consequences for messing with OUR land/resources. Ill pay them back by raping THEIR portion of land. Seems fair, right? My Tribe and I will do this en-masse for as long as it "takes".

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    The trees should grow back in 24 hours. That would solve the problem quickly without any need of coding.
    Another horrible idea from a Hopi member. This would effectively take a limited resource and destroy 100% of its value. You could easily farm the same tree in your SAFE ZONE forever, never having to leave happy hippie town and get beat-up by meanies. Trees dont grow in a day, either by saproling or stump. This would also heavily cater to the non-pvp desireables and "carebears". Another no risk/all gain suggestion which is obviously stemming from a personal desire on how to evolve the game...NOT thinking about the over-all picture of everyone.

Would be pretty annoying if trees grew back EVERY DAY on so many levels: lag from cutting them down daily, visibility intentionally created by strategic city layout builders (eg, clearing area for longer visibility to see incoming enemies), etc.

Quote Originally Posted by madea View Post
    So, you're just making the players who want the resources work even harder while rewarding dickery wholesale.
    WAIT...where's the "reward" for "dickery wholesale"? If I understand properly, they are essentially destroying their own resources as well, right? They are ultimately bringing on their own troubles at same expense. It isnt one sided. They get no REAL reward by doing so...other than some /cry threads/whispers.

Quote Originally Posted by Saolite View Post
    Rather than implementing features in an attempt to limit player freedom, give more options to the players.

Agriculture, however and whenever its implemented, should be capable of replanting trees ( which seems to be the main issue ). Agriculture isn't just wheat or what have you, after all. It's only natural that it should deal with the tree issue, as well. Granted this might not be implemented for some time, but no one was realistically looking for some hot-fix over night, were they?
    MAJOR +1, only if SAFE ZONES were removed. Else, you would have the ability to farm EVERYTHING from your safezone, macro all day, never have risk of leaving the camp. Unbalanced. Severely limits overall gameplay for everyone.

Addressing the whole MORAL issues involved in doing something of this level of abomination...
    LOL U SERIOUS? This is the internet. I dont care how "old" or "mature" YOU are...I PROMISE YOU that, when pushed in game, you'll eventually resort to immature style tactics to combat an enemy you cannot "man-up" and just beat. I've seen your type many times before. If you log into an MMO to be "serious" about your online persona...YER DOING IT WRONG. People will log in for the simple fact to NOT act like they do in RL...thus immaturity, childish behavior, and general ass-hattery. Welcome to the internet!

Quote Originally Posted by pendergraft View Post
    I don't want to hold Hefe accountable for his actions. I want Hefe to hold himself accountable. He admits that the act is deplorable, and yet he did it anyway. For fun. I'm afraid I must go against his advisement and compare this to teenagers knocking over mailboxes. Indeed, it is disturbing, Sirius. Quite so. The point is that you're above this kind of behavior. If I found myself a part of a guild that endorsed or defended it, I would seriously reconsider my decision to be a member. Don't let a group think for you.

I also don't want my message to be misconstrued. I'm not saying that players shouldn't be able to do things like this. I am saying that, if they're mature and rational individuals, they shouldn't do things like this. I'm personally having trouble comprehending what type of person could dedicate hours of their time to chopping down another tribe's trees just to spite them. It's lunacy.
    WOW... all I can really say is LOL. This is only the beginning to these types of "actions". Again, stressing the "no consequences for actions" here. I bet if the tribe he did it to had the ability to do, well, ANYTHING back to him...he would have thought otherwise...right?

*Being somewhat serious (legit) after a great amount of lawls...

Everyone needs trees. For the gain of skill and development of "assets" in game, they should be easy to be cut down and removed. They SHOULD grow back. They SHOULD be able to be planted. They should NOT grow to full capacity in a single day. They SHOULD, after planted, grow to different levels (as they obviously are in game, some are MUCH bigger even of the same type) only by time in game. Example - plant saproling, cannot plant another within x radius, will take maybe 7 full days before maturing into the base and minimum harvestable tree. 2 weeks - next level. 3 weeks - etc. Each level should have a predetermined "quantity amount radius" that is possible to be felled rolled by skill level in logging. ANYONE should be able to cut these down at any time and remove the stump, regardless of location. It should be up to a properly built town/walls to prevent someone from "stealing" this resource. Else, it will be fair game. Sapling "seeds" should be harvestable just like any resource in game probably from a similar type of tree in the same resource zone as "twigs/brush" or whatever it is.

All balance, all fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Salvadore View Post
    Im falling in LOVE with this community...EPIC THREAD!!!

Did someone encroach on your resources? OH NOOOS...Maybe you should go siege their village and teach them a lesson? Oh wait, you cant. Also, many of you are against that or any ideas involving relative scenarios close to it. God forbid anyone have a consequence for something as atrocious as this type of behavior. Amirite?

Ok...that's simply going to make me pick a spot outside of someones totem within proper ranges, homestead, THEN do it. Rinse. Repeat. Still no consequences besides my time spent which = pure value to me in tears REAPED by threads like this and in game /crying.

Thats fine. My tribe and I will do it as a Tribe function. We obviously cannot siege that adjacent tribe that is stealing our resources right? They also won't come out of their SAFE ZONE to face any risk or consequences for messing with OUR land/resources. Ill pay them back by raping THEIR portion of land. Seems fair, right? My Tribe and I will do this en-masse for as long as it "takes".

Another horrible idea from a Hopi member. This would effectively take a limited resource and destroy 100% of its value. You could easily farm the same tree in your SAFE ZONE forever, never having to leave happy hippie town and get beat-up by meanies. Trees dont grow in a day, either by saproling or stump. This would also heavily cater to the non-pvp desireables and "carebears". Another no risk/all gain suggestion which is obviously stemming from a personal desire on how to evolve the game...NOT thinking about the over-all picture of everyone.

Would be pretty annoying if trees grew back EVERY DAY on so many levels: lag from cutting them down daily, visibility intentionally created by strategic city layout builders (eg, clearing area for longer visibility to see incoming enemies), etc.

WAIT...where's the "reward" for "dickery wholesale"? If I understand properly, they are essentially destroying their own resources as well, right? They are ultimately bringing on their own troubles at same expense. It isnt one sided. They get no REAL reward by doing so...other than some /cry threads/whispers.

MAJOR +1, only if SAFE ZONES were removed. Else, you would have the ability to farm EVERYTHING from your safezone, macro all day, never have risk of leaving the camp. Unbalanced. Severely limits overall gameplay for everyone.

LOL U SERIOUS? This is the internet. I dont care how "old" or "mature" YOU are...I PROMISE YOU that, when pushed in game, you'll eventually resort to immature style tactics to combat an enemy you cannot "man-up" and just beat. I've seen your type many times before. If you log into an MMO to be "serious" about your online persona...YER DOING IT WRONG. People will log in for the simple fact to NOT act like they do in RL...thus immaturity, childish behavior, and general ass-hattery. Welcome to the internet!

WOW... all I can really say is LOL. This is only the beginning to these types of "actions". Again, stressing the "no consequences for actions" here. I bet if the tribe he did it to had the ability to do, well, ANYTHING back to him...he would have thought otherwise...right?

*Being somewhat serious (legit) after a great amount of lawls...

Everyone needs trees. For the gain of skill and development of "assets" in game, they should be easy to be cut down and removed. They SHOULD grow back. They SHOULD be able to be planted. They should NOT grow to full capacity in a single day. They SHOULD, after planted, grow to different levels (as they obviously are in game, some are MUCH bigger even of the same type) only by time in game. Example - plant saproling, cannot plant another within x radius, will take maybe 7 full days before maturing into the base and minimum harvestable tree. 2 weeks - next level. 3 weeks - etc. Each level should have a predetermined "quantity amount radius" that is possible to be felled rolled by skill level in logging. ANYONE should be able to cut these down at any time and remove the stump, regardless of location. It should be up to a properly built town/walls to prevent someone from "stealing" this resource. Else, it will be fair game. Sapling "seeds" should be harvestable just like any resource in game probably from a similar type of tree in the same resource zone as "twigs/brush" or whatever it is.

All balance, all fair.
    Still the problem persists. There are no way of them ever growing back yet, unless random tree's do in fact grow and as long as people cannot effectively defend their trees from being cut down unless they want to be online 24/7 doing nothing but patrolling their area, which I doubt anyone would like too, then you got to put in a preventive measure for the time being.
    It ain't fun, but currently they are way too easy to destroy or allow us to kill stumps within tribe areas (yes your safe zone) and I won't give rats ass as I'll just remove my neighbors tree's then, until that happens or we get better ways of getting trees I vouch for a preventive measure.

Too long have I labored in clear cutting the great forests of Xsyon! I plee to the Gods of Xsyon, "Let me wreck havoc upon these sheep whom claim I only act out of lack of intelligence!" All I require is meaning in Xsyon so that the destruction is allowed to continue!

"Nay!" I say to you whom want these chains placed upon our beautiful world. The more freedom we are allowed to have by the Gods of Xsyon, the happier we all shall be. Continue I shall to make sacrifices to Jordi, God of Xsyon, in the form of lumber and blood upon our lands. Tremble in my wake or join me in my crusade to create a better life for all of us!

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    maelwydd,

The time of apocalypse is at hand. Humanity has been wiped from the earth, except for a small handful of folks alive in the world of xsyon. A group is formed of old friends who decide to band together to see if they can rebuild what they have all lost, planting their totem in a remote part of the world.

Soon, across the river a hundred campfires are burning, with all manner of rabble. They come sniffing around the tribe's campsite, digging through the trash, and felling the trees. Diplomatic parties are sent out to reason with these folks - "there is not enough trash and resources for you here, we ask that you find a place which is not so close to our small town here. With almost 20 souls to feed and clothe, we will need all the meager bounty from the surrounding areas to survive the coming winter."

The homesteaders refused to move, and continued harvesting trees and stealing resources, driving the animals over the mountains and into the deadly green mist. Finally, a war party was formed - "we will starve if we don't remove these interlopers!", however when the war party reached the first homesteaders camp site, which was stocked with booty, some unknown force prevented the tribe from being able to use force, and in fact, they were slaughtered to the man.

A tribal council was convened. "If we don't remove these interlopers, we will not be able to survive." Hefe took it upon himself, "If I deprive them of their close-by lumber to build protective walls, they will need to venture out to harvest lumber, and we will be able to take our revenge." And so Hefe stole out into the night and destroyed tree after tree within sight of any of the camps. He clear cut until his palms bled from the blisters popping on his hands, and yet he continued until not a single tree could be seen across the hillside.
    It is funny, in 1 thread people shout out "can't do that, this isn't real life" and in this you shout out "can't stopthis, this happens in real life".

Again, make your bloody minds up!

It's a unfair tactic but if ppl want to do it let them. but i think i sould take longer time to destroy something

i agree somthing should be done about this.

If we all played during the same time then sure maybe we could police this but we dont, some of us play in the EU others in the states and others in different parts fo the world.
    Because of this there will be times when hole clans are sleeping and yet another caln could all be logged in so could do what they wanted to all the resources.. and of course this works when the sleeping tibe is on and the other ones now sleeping.. So waht will robalyl happen as a result of all this is that every tree stump will eventually be destroyed and no one wil have any wood..

LOL

anyway stumps should take a very long time to remove (10 mins or somthing like that). For stumps in tribe land the tribe could remove it at the current speed but no one else could remove it.

I would think that you should be able to forage for a seed...

Push it into the dirt and few real days later a tree pops up.

Problem solved.

A seed shouldn't be super rare, but shouldn't be a top 10 drop either.

Simple solutions are sometimes the best answers.

Quote Originally Posted by coca View Post
    I would think that you should be able to forage for a seed...

Push it into the dirt and few real days later a tree pops up.

Problem solved.

A seed shouldn't be super rare, but shouldn't be a top 10 drop either.

Simple solutions are sometimes the best answers.
    This would be a good solution in the long term, but it needs programming and we need a quick fix for now.

I pray with all my might to to our awsome ghod Jordi for Him to grant you the ability to start forest fires brother! So that you may spare your hands the indignities of the harvest, and free them for the most important of tasks...teaching our golden-haired children in the ways of war, which looms on the horizon like a welcomed sunrise.