Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Quote Originally Posted by Primavera View Post
    Been away from the forums for months as it was getting too repetitive for me. I see the Carebear Propaganda machine is still in full swing though and its not really any different. Every single thread relating to pvp saturated with denials about pvp/war etc as if they are part of the dev team, and not in the dark like rest of us.

Any chance you could give it a rest guys and stop trying to make something true by posting it 1000 times. I'd really like to know what the mechanics and penalties of pvp etc are but searching through so many threads that have been saturated with your "helpful" little comments is as tiring as being Forrest Gump out for a jog.
    is this your first game or something? everything you described is just about every forum for every game ever.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexTaldren View Post
    I always get a good laugh at these so-called hardcore MMORPG "PvPers." They point and cry "carebear" simply because it pumps their ego, but at the end of the day, how "hardcore" is someone who sits in front of their PC, tab-targetting other players?

Anyway, there might be a way for both sides to be okay. If sieging tribes is ever implemented, the system should promote the annexation of smaller tribes, leaving the smaller tribe's development standing.

Tribe vs. Tribe Example:

Tribe A attacks Tribe B. B loses the war and their totem is conquered. Tribe A can then choose from a few options:

1. Annexation - Tribe B becomes a city-state of Tribe A. Tribe A can initiate some form of taxation on Tribe B that lasts for a set amount of time.
    2. Assimilation - Tribe A requests that B assimilate into A. This initiates a vote among the members of Tribe B. If the vote passes successfully, all B members are moved into the roster of A, and the territory controlled by B is now controlled by A. Tribe B is dissolved permanently. If the vote fails, the conditions default to Annexation.
    3. Pillage - Tribe A receives a certain amount of resources from Tribe B, but B gets to keep its independence and territory. Tribe B may incur some building destruction or damage, but this only requires them to do minor rebuilding and upkeep, not a complete rebuild.

This is a rough list of options, but it gives us options and political choices.

Declaring Independence

Also, if a Tribe is conquered by another, there should be an option for the conquered tribe to initiate some kind of declaration of independence after a certain period of time. At which point a battle is fought between the two tribes. Whoever wins gets to set the terms, whether it be indepedence or continued subjugation.

Unfortunately, these systems could be easily circumvented by players abandoning Tribes and reforming them with new totems, or by creating new characters. So more thinking need to be done about that.
    This is the most constructive post on the subject, and honestly cant beleive more have said so. These ideas are very thoughtful and have a great chance of working.

My fears are that PvP leads to what all these games lead to, is the superpower. Im a 2005 character in EvE, Ive been part of every great war, Im an old UO player, and a darkfall player, and whats killed my fun everytime is not having a choice but to join the superpower, leaving you with only 1 type of pvp. It is as stated by another poster, a fight where to equal sides will never engage until the other knows they have the upper hand. Or lets say there are 2 similar tribes, but tribe A cannot attack tribe B because of the fact they are living on the tit of a larger tribe next door. Once this is possible, ever tribe in the game rushes to form alliances to attempt to dwarf any competition and literally erases most forms of PvP from the mechanics of the game. And then what you have left, is just like darkfall secured walls and borders with nothing left to do but afk macro your skills. Someone needs to come up with a different system of alliances when it comes to PvP, and sorry I dont have any constructive ideas at this time.

Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Tashohnie View Post
    While I think this is a great post I have to ask in what light do you deem griefers as this is a loosely used phrase and has so many meanings. Killing someone once can be deemed as grief.
    Not it's not. Killing someone once is usually just a crime of opportunity - they want your stuff so they take it. "Griefing" would be seeking that person out and repeatedly killing them, harassing them, or just being an ass.

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceReaper View Post

explore, expand, exploit, and exterminate is how I play and the rest of my guild, we want to build an empire and destroy everyone in our path and force them under our control.
    Jeez first; TheMAp and now you; this is going to be an MO reunion again; looking forward to meet you on the Battlefield again mate.

Well I hope some lessons were learned from Xsyon's prom night dumpster predecessor... it would be a shame if 6 months down the line tribal warfare was implemented, only to realize it came 6 months too late.

I think everyone is worrying too much, you could lose almost everything you have in EVE if you take your nice mothership out in the field, same concept basically. As for storage bins being destroyed, nothing is stopping you from hiding them outside of your camp.

I think its an established fact that there will be tribal warfare and thus the "Carebears" know its coming. To suggest that they can't handle the competition is simply sad. If anything if a town is conquered (if its gonna be in game), the tribe will probably be in exile and plan for the restoration of its honor.

Its too early to criticize the tribal warfare mechanic, since there is little information and the mechanics are up in the air.

Xsyon part 2, pronounced *sigh**yawn* part 2, will be subtitled 'The Carebears'.....

Quote Originally Posted by Borluc View Post
    Wow, I just registered and this is one of the most offensive posts I've seen on any gaming forum. Why? It wouldn't be that bad if it was obviously just a child venting anger or frustration. However, when an adult actively tries to make someone else's opinion invalid with his own, I find that disgusting. Do you know why you responded with such venom and hate? It is because you are full of fear. You're scared that this game will get populated with people who enjoy pvp and conquering nations. You are scared that the game won't turn out how you want it to be. So, instead of stating your opinion of why the idea doesn't fit here, you attack the OP by throwing insults. To be honest, I think "your kind", to quote you, are the ones that I'd like to avoid.
    And I am amazed that such a drama queen has joined these forumns and wishes to try and belittle others thik the words hypocrit;

The answer here is simple if it takes months to build up infrastructure, that can be destroyed in minutes the game will fail.
    THe fun and joy of really developing a charachter in a persistant world is a joy and that is what this game is providing, the hillarious we should be able to kill anywhere any time is just pathetic kiddie talk. And a general aspect displayed by ganking groups who like to roam and destroy. Someone needs to make decisions developed game with community or a pathetic gank fest that will kill the game.

I think I am really going to enjoy building my charachter for 6 months, but after that no one will gain from my time and effort everything i have and own will be destroyed. And I will move on unless the developers realise that they can have open world PvP but it should be paced at the same rate as the development. Not Insta gain.... that not a game just a joke.

See it comes down to this. What most people are looking for is a game with a tight nit community and freedom like SWG and Uo. However we want pvp to be very metagame, player skilled oriented with meaning like Darkfall. We don't want darkfall because that game is solely based on pvp, we would like to build and terraform like Wurm online or Minecraft. We want pvp to matter but not be the underlining object in the game. We want to have an impact on the game world with our characters and be able to do things that we enjoy in game.

Whether it be a merchant carrying his wares to the neighboring town on a caravan, or the mercenaries hired to protect his goods, or perhaps the bandits waiting to ambush the caravan and plunder it's loots. Perhaps after being attacked the merchant issues a bounty on the heads of the bandits in a major player trading hub. Or takes a step further and demands aid of the king issuing a warband to wipe out those bandits.

We want things like this in the game, not just a fragfest pvp. We want meaning and other things to do that matter other than pvping. This is why you keep getting core people hoping around from Mo, DFO Earthrise and whatever Indie sandbox games that comes out. We are looking for a great game.