Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    I topic of the thread is a couple of things need to be fixed for pvp.

Thats a good angle on the water looting though, about the corpse sinking.. maybe we should have a diving skill? I don't know. Something will need to be tweaked to prevent all fighting from happening at the shore lines. I can see when someone gets one hit from death they just jump into the water and emote laughter as they die. People will make a point to travel with resources along the shore line to lessen the chance of being killed and loosing it. It will definatly alter game play if it is left how it currently works.

Or worse people will just terraform water holes in and around their territory and just jump into them when close to death...lol

Quote Originally Posted by neestas View Post
    Sorry to surprise your mighty PvP leetness, but I am in evil tribe and kill people daily myself.

Another try at making a tool out of yourself go.
    I make no claim to pvp l337d0m...i'm average at best despite working at it for many years

And so i'm confused. If you profess to be of the pvp bent, why would you not want the gear mechanics to work correctly. I mean do we seriously want to play a game where you have to grind an ability from 25-70+ before you see any benefit from the equipment you make? I know i wont, and i'm pretty sure the folks i'm with wouldnt either...yeah i know, good riddance...but thats $150/month gone poof.

I know, not a lot of money in grand scheme of things, but, when you mulitply that by 10, 20, 100, you do start to see real funds and it does start to matter...and if we don't get the broken mechanics fixed asap I have a feeling you will see a pretty large exodos from the world in 2 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubanka View Post
    I make no claim to pvp l337d0m...i'm average at best despite working at it for many years

And so i'm confused. If you profess to be of the pvp bent, why would you not want the gear mechanics to work correctly. I mean do we seriously want to play a game where you have to grind an ability from 25-70+ before you see any benefit from the equipment you make? I know i wont, and i'm pretty sure the folks i'm with wouldnt either...yeah i know, good riddance...but thats $150/month gone poof.

I know, not a lot of money in grand scheme of things, but, when you mulitply that by 10, 20, 100, you do start to see real funds and it does start to matter...and if we don't get the broken mechanics fixed asap I have a feeling you will see a pretty large exodos from the world in 2 months.
    I don't know where you take from that armor doesn't work. It does work fine (well at least semi fine, need mroe tests with good armor sets) for me. Even the 30-40 skill leather one if in full set reduces damage from 3/4-1/2 hp taken away from one swing (naked) to 1/3-1/4 being taken away in one swing (full crappy leather set) by same person.

Quote Originally Posted by neestas View Post
    I don't know where you take from that armor doesn't work. It does work fine (well at least semi fine, need mroe tests with good armor sets) for me. Even the 30-40 skill leather one if in full set reduces damage from 3/4-1/2 hp taken away from one swing (naked) to 1/3-1/4 being taken away in one swing (full crappy leather set) by same person.
    did tests with bone last night. 30 skill set, damage redux as compared to nekkid was negiligible...and most definitely not worth the speed/encumb hit.

grass armor does nothing but slow you down.

have not tested cloth or leather to any major degree.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubanka View Post
    did tests with bone last night. 30 skill set, damage redux as compared to nekkid was negiligible...and most definitely not worth the speed/encumb hit.

grass armor does nothing but slow you down.

have not tested cloth or leather to any major degree.
    Well, bone set which a friend looted yesterday reduces damage to 1/4 hp bar per swing. Preorder axe of course, 90 str etc. Die in 2 hits or die in 4 hits. Doesn't sound negligable to me. Furthermore, encumbrace hit from it is ver small.
    Haven't tested grass since well... It's good to scare crows and look funny.

would like some other folks to chime in.

bone vs. preorder pick was ~1/3 bar
    nekkid vs. preorder pick was slightly more than 1/3 bar, but less than a half.

I call BS... a couple of people in my tribe stood still and swung tested with and without armour several times of several sorts unarmed and armed with several types of weapons. The only thing armor changed was slowing down your swing rate.
    Now I'll be honest I didn't try leather or cloth.. but I used bear, deer and grass.

We specifically tested these issues. We didn't just run around pvping random people and base off of assumptions or highly varible data.

Quote Originally Posted by coca View Post
    I call BS... a couple of people in my tribe stood still and swung tested with and without armour several times of several sorts unarmed and armed with several types of weapons. The only thing armor changed was slowing down your swing rate.
    Now I'll be honest I didn't try leather or cloth.. but I used bear, deer and grass.

We specifically tested these issues. We didn't just run around pvping random people and base off of assumptions or highly varible data.
    Bear/deer armor. lol. You do know that there is large variety of armor sets in each crafting proffession? Not just omg bear bone! Must be tought!

Shows how reliable your extended tests are and your knowledge on the subject.

I'm not in game and don't remember all the spellings and subset of each type of armor.. troll more? You get the idea, I've tried several armor types and none seem to make a difference, your missing the point, a naked person of like stats and skill levels does as much and takes the same damage as an armed and suited player. Your making yourself look like a HUGE jackass.