Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by blackzilla View Post
    they should have through patch into a torrent....

It's large it is even updating zones off the grid....
    Very security conscious players will react to your torrent suggestion much as they would to the offer of a free USB stick loaded with Malware's Greatest Hits, the 2011 Early Edition.

(As opposed to the security aware crowd who know better than to do half the junk we do with our computers but still say eff it because we don't want to deal with the annoyances of truly keeping a system clean.)

Sure after I post that, "Not Responding" anymore. I have noticed that my network is still being used and browser is taking up CPU as well, so I wonder if it is still working...

Quote Originally Posted by ifireallymust View Post
    Very security conscious players will react to your torrent suggestion much as they would to the offer of a free USB stick loaded with Malware's Greatest Hits, the 2011 Early Edition.

(As opposed to the security aware crowd who know better than to do half the junk we do with our computers but still say eff it because we don't want to deal with the annoyances of truly keeping a system clean.)
    Even WoW uses torrents to download there patches, you just never think to check it since there downloader handles it!

Download is 1.20GB and will take roughly 3.5 Hours given its current bandwidth limits. A "patch" this size is entirely too large for the current patching solution.

Quote Originally Posted by ifireallymust View Post

You are ridiculas....lrn2intnetzkthxbai

Quote Originally Posted by wicked357 View Post
    Sure after I post that, "Not Responding" anymore. I have noticed that my network is still being used and browser is taking up CPU as well, so I wonder if it is still working...

Even WoW uses torrents to download there patches, you just never think to check it since there downloader handles it!
    Don't get me wrong, I'll use a torrent, but a lot of people won't. There are good reasons not to. It's just...it's so damn convenient! And probably my antivirus software (free version lol) can handle anything that tries to get through.

Actually, I take a scorched earth approach to malware, time consuming, harder on my hardware, but extremely simple. I do whatever I want to do within reason, and then every month or two (or whenever I get the sneaking suspicion that something sneaked in) I just wipe my entire hard drive and reinstall my operating system(s).

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    download the new installer
    i did and still have the same result

let it patch dont come on the forums while its patching that is what crashes it, client is flakey... do do any other computer processes while its running, im posting from my laptop its been going for over an hour and is workong fine.

big update for me, after the hour it popped up the size and my current progress... 600mb/1.5gb

its downloading at about 60-80kbs

Still keep getting not responding. Hopefully until they can sort out this issue, they will at least post the torrents for download.

Quote Originally Posted by blackzilla View Post
    I just found out it is 1.5gb file so let it go for an hour or more.
    Yep, just founf that out myself and downloaded or about 30 mins.

Then I got a connection dropped message.

Square one.

forehead to desk. wash. rinse. repeat.

i clicked on the euro server and am getting same results, have i screwed myself by choosing euro server for patch download?