Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Gains wont be the same as in testing .
    Yeah, I am thinking the same thing, alot of crafting mechanics have been changed, and make more sense, when we were in beta.

I have gained 3 points in basketry currently sitting at 8 points. I have made about 40 tarps successfully out of about 70 attempted. That is a lot of smaller recipe makes to get the materials to make the tarps. You wont start really gaining points in it till you hit about 15 to 20 points in it. Recipes have a min level as well, If I remember from a few weeks ago I did not get my first recipe for storage till I got to about 15 points. I got the 10 slot pouch.

If you are trying for a recipe use your first levelup points to boost your basketry skill. Learning a skill from scratch takes a lot more effort then if you start with some points in it. Once you get some points in it the points will come faster. Also I find that not all recipes give equal skill. Partial recipes thread,Cloth,string,twine etc rarely give a skill point. So go for finished goods for the most skill bang for your buck. Also with the server rolling back often when you get a point log out. It maximizes the chance you will save that point.

Before last wipe I wanted limestone walls, Starting with a masonry of 5 It took about 800 attempts at bricks or so to get to 15 masonry another 1500 bricks and I had a 47 masonry. Just stick with it it will come. The first few points are the hardest

Quote Originally Posted by jaqknife View Post
    Boneguard what is your charm and spirit at? Also do you have any basket recipes?
    Charm 50, Spirit 50. All my recipes you may see on sceenshot.

My starter prof - Toolcrafter.

I'm pretty sure I stated that basketry is my main, and I have 25 points in it. I've made full products. I've made hats, shirts, pants, tarps, crafting mats, everything on my list. I have done literally nothing except craft this whole time, trying to make containers, and none of it gives me a skill point. I'm not losing a skill point because the server rolls back, I have never gained one. But since this is apparently only happening to me, maybe I should place this in the bug section?

Quote Originally Posted by arashisr View Post
    I have gained 3 points in basketry currently sitting at 8 points. I have made about 40 tarps successfully out of about 70 attempted. That is a lot of smaller recipe makes to get the materials to make the tarps. You wont start really gaining points in it till you hit about 15 to 20 points in it. Recipes have a min level as well, If I remember from a few weeks ago I did not get my first recipe for storage till I got to about 15 points. I got the 10 slot pouch.

If you are trying for a recipe use your first levelup points to boost your basketry skill. Learning a skill from scratch takes a lot more effort then if you start with some points in it. Once you get some points in it the points will come faster. Also I find that not all recipes give equal skill. Partial recipes thread,Cloth,string,twine etc rarely give a skill point. So go for finished goods for the most skill bang for your buck. Also with the server rolling back often when you get a point log out. It maximizes the chance you will save that point.

Before last wipe I wanted limestone walls, Starting with a masonry of 5 It took about 800 attempts at bricks or so to get to 15 masonry another 1500 bricks and I had a 47 masonry. Just stick with it it will come. The first few points are the hardest
    This is good news! I grinded from 5 to 19 basketry, only gaining 1 recipe the whole time. I got the Peasant's Grass Hat -- this is through server roll backs all day, as well, and doing nothing but grinding it ( and re-grinding it ) over and over.

But if you got the pouch eventually from having nothing, then it means you can eventually get the storage bins.

It's quite possible I simply have bad luck, and have yet to gain any recipes? I'm hopeful that's the case. Regardless, I'll grind up to 30 or so before calling it quits with that specific craft, and I'll post what happens in the meantime.

EDIT :

At 19 Basketry, just got another recipe without leveling the skill up. Farmer's Grass Hat.

Also at 43 skill now, was going up fine yesterday but now it has just stopped, completely. I have the exact same recipies as Boneguard and exactly the same skill level, so I doubt stats or what you grind has anything to do with the recipies, therefore I'd say they are indeed not random.

I'd like to know if anyone has made a basket yet, and if so did they get the recipie at start up or find it etc.

Quote Originally Posted by xaradt View Post
    ...I'd like to know if anyone has made a basket yet, and if so did they get the recipie at start up or find it etc.
    I started with 2 storage bin recipes, pack and pouches. So yes, I've made quite a few.

Unsurprisingly, I've noticed that success rate on crafts seems to be lower and of course advancement rate. It was made pretty clear that beta would allow quick advancement for testing. However, seeing that SS of someone with 43 skill and so few recipes there must be something wrong. What is your intelligence? AFAIK that play a big role in discovering new designs.

My intel is 60, but from what I've discovered, all the people I've spoken with are in the same boat, and gained exactly the same recipies at the same skill. All hats and plates and no baskets

Quote Originally Posted by Boneguard View Post
    I have 43 Basketry skill and only 3 non-starter recipes

Exactly the same recipe list as myself and i have 46 in Basketry , starter skill was Woodcraft , so i've gained 41 points from crafting , only recipes i gained in that time were Daogwa shirt & moccasins , Light / Heavy Plate , Farmers Grass Hat , and Weavers Grass Hat , i started with everything else .

Update - 50 Basketry and still no new recipies after the ones mentioned above.