Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by niccoli00 View Post
    Have you ever seen a tree grow out of a stump that would be useful for anything in any short amount of time, in real life?

Have you ever just poured gasoline on a stump and burned it out?

I agree that it should take longer than a second to destroy things, and I think that applies to everything on the ground, piles, logs, stumps, rocks, etc.
    burning a stump out with gasoline? lol have you actually tried this?

Quote Originally Posted by ColonelTEE3 View Post
    Thats where you're wrong. The kind of change you want is accommodating to YOUR playstyle, not everyones. Least of all people who aren't scared of fighting back, which im assuming you must be, because you never mentioned your attempt to fight back, deforest their outlying area, grief them back, etc. Instead of dealing with your personal issues personally, you want the game to change around you. Im sorry this is not a micro-habitat that only affects you and your crafter club.
    As a tribe we do not have any grief with anyone, you assume we actually know who did this to us.... We'd be happy to fight back if we knew who the offending people where. However as we are Euro players, this act was done over night. An Entire forest removed whilst we were asleep. This in reality is not possible and is the point we are trying to get accross.

In a game like this anything (non exploit) is a viable tactic; though it is a real douche move.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    The trees should grow back in 24 hours. That would solve the problem quickly without any need of coding.
    nah that would be too fast; trees should regrow fully after a full year or the spring of the following season.

On the subject of out of control pvp, We had a guy come by yesterday that had been pk'd by a group. They took everything cept the gift weapon which is protected. We gave him tools and baskets and he tried to go back to his place. But on the way, 4 jumped him again and again took everything. This is no pvp, this is grefing. What's more, pk'ers set up their char stats for this which gives them an advantage over players who set up for crafting and they normally play pvp games giving them real life skill advantages.

What most games end up doing in an effort to force people to play fair and to play the game instead of game machanics is give players some kind of pvp switch. If they choose not to pvp, they can't be pk'd.

Quote Originally Posted by vorg View Post
    On the subject of out of control pvp, We had a guy come by yesterday that had been pk'd by a group. They took everything cept the gift weapon which is protected. We gave him tools and baskets and he tried to go back to his place. But on the way, 4 jumped him again and again took everything. This is no pvp, this is grefing. What's more, pk'ers set up their char stats for this which gives them an advantage over players who set up for crafting and they normally play pvp games giving them real life skill advantages.

What most games end up doing in an effort to force people to play fair and to play the game instead of game machanics is give players some kind of pvp switch. If they choose not to pvp, they can't be pk'd.
    does he not know how to sprint? i mean you can sprint forever. the only way you die in this game is if you decide to fight and either decide to go down swinging or you decide to disengage too late.
    did he not set permissions on his pack? or did they fix that?
    did he not pay attention to the world around him as he was traipsing across it? I mean if i hear someone doing something around me i go into alert more, drop into combat stance, hit stealth and start peaking around to see if i have some unwelcome visitors. That was i can decide if i want to play or not.

OH NOOOS IM a VICTIM.

re: trees. Valid tactic. Needs a counter. No amount of 'stam use' or 'time to kill sthe stump' will ever quell the tears of someone who gets slashed and burned. We need the ability to replant them. Terrarorm: Turn field. Logging: harvest sappling. foraging: plant sappling. ta da. forest anywhere you want it. which of course has it's own tacticial implications.

Empower the player to combat assholishness, don't restrict the ability to be an asshole.

I think its a valid tactic. It sucks, but valid. Makes you defend what is yours. This is the apocalypse and there should be some 'danger' involved.

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiriath View Post
    Heh.. was gonna say.. this does not work. The closest I've seen is a product where you have to drill giant holes deep down into the stump and fill them with a special mixture of petroleum products, and burn it down that way.

Hell, a gasoline fire won't even kill an ant mound.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiriath View Post
    many moons ago... big oak tree stump vs. teen ager.
    weapons:
    pick axe
    sledge axe
    double bitted axe
    crow bar
    shovel
    hand saw

1 weekend, many blisters, no glory, no loot. just a big hole.