Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast
    Or the siege equip itself could BE the war totem.

Its probably going to end up the way Anarchy Online did it with the notum wars where you placed your "tower" and then the attack window was a 2 hour every day that started at that time. so if i droped my tower at 12:00 it would be open to attack from 12:00 to 14:00.

I think you took my reference to "gear" differently than i did. I wasn't focusing so much on siege machines, but more on the soldiers individual weapons, armor, equipment, food, etc. No one will be looting anything during any battles. Maybe one guy from the side that wins one skirmish will loot the last guy killed because everyone else will have respawned, but thats a terribly slow way to exchange equipment.

What im saying is that i dont believe item decay by itself will deplete an army of it's armor, weapons and all that. That was one of the side determining factors in sieges in Darkfall -- how many ridiculously expensive bags full of high-end gear did you have to expend? At some point, armies would be coming back for the fifth, sixth, or seventh skirmish/attack during a siege, wearing nothing but the bottom of the barrel scraps they could pull together.

Honestly, this point im bringing up is also partially based in my severe disappointment that, while this is technically a "full loot" game, no one in this game ever has the time to "fully loot" anyone because of buggy looting mechanics and the fact that no one leaves a "grave" or a "corpse" behind to be looted. I thought it was a relevant point to discuss in the context of sieges as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ColonelTEE3 View Post
    I think you took my reference to "gear" differently than i did. I wasn't focusing so much on siege machines, but more on the soldiers individual weapons, armor, equipment, food, etc. No one will be looting anything during any battles. Maybe one guy from the side that wins one skirmish will loot the last guy killed because everyone else will have respawned, but thats a terribly slow way to exchange equipment.

What im saying is that i dont believe item decay by itself will deplete an army of it's armor, weapons and all that. That was one of the side determining factors in sieges in Darkfall -- how many ridiculously expensive bags full of high-end gear did you have to expend? At some point, armies would be coming back for the fifth, sixth, or seventh skirmish/attack during a siege, wearing nothing but the bottom of the barrel scraps they could pull together.

Honestly, this point im bringing up is also partially based in my severe disappointment that, while this is technically a "full loot" game, no one in this game ever has the time to "fully loot" anyone because of buggy looting mechanics and the fact that no one leaves a "grave" or a "corpse" behind to be looted. I thought it was a relevant point to discuss in the context of sieges as well.
    The loot timer is not a bug, its intentional, check the FAQ page.

yups i belive its 30 seconds if i remember correctly how ever with previous lag/sync issues that might have appeared to be a bug.

in the heat of a battle though its not going to be very easy to loot the corpses, your best bet it remove the weapon of your aggressor followed by armor

Well you would think if you are attacking their totem, when they respawn right next to you at their totem with all the loot you missed the first time around there you are. Not to mention successfully taking the totem would grant you all the spoils left in their camp.

I doubt anyone would be too concerned with loot while their totem is under attack. Why worry about the trim of your beard when it's your head on the chopping block?

Your server timeout double posted me again.

Death = 0.5* All Current equipment durability...pvp or not.

That would break them alot faster if the defenders were attacking the "siege totem" throughout the time before the siege began. I don't think the deciding factor of a war should be "We don't has any armor left... let's stop". I think it should focus on other things. For this game: running out of nutritional substence...having very little comfort (away from home so you have no comfort buildings or farms unless you steal the defender's foods)...stacking death penalty debuffs (if these are in)... and running out of mats to repair quickly decaying armor due to deaths...also time.

Quote Originally Posted by orious13 View Post
    Death = 0.5* All Current equipment durability...pvp or not.

That would break them alot faster if the defenders were attacking the "siege totem" throughout the time before the siege began. I don't think the deciding factor of a war should be "We don't has any armor left... let's stop". I think it should focus on other things. For this game: running out of nutritional substence...having very little comfort (away from home so you have no comfort buildings or farms unless you steal the defender's foods)...stacking death penalty debuffs (if these are in)... and running out of mats to repair quickly decaying armor due to deaths...also time.
    I agree. But running out of armor and running out of food are the same thing...They are logistics. If the attacker is unable to control the war totem, they are going to fail...since their supply base will be compromised. The attacker has to fight two battles...press the attack against their targets city, and protect their stuff from the attacker. They can't just commit 100% to the attack...or at least do so without worrying about whats going to happen to their stuff.

i also agree on the durability hit...50% may be a little high, but 25 or 30%. I say too high because the tears would just be too epic if somebodies uber knife of supreme carnage was destroyed because they were rezkilled, and so the item went poof.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubanka View Post
    i also agree on the durability hit...50% may be a little high, but 25 or 30%. I say too high because the tears would just be too epic if somebodies uber knife of supreme carnage was destroyed because they were rezkilled, and so the item went poof.
    I see where you are coming from, but after playing Eve and having countless ships destroyed, I don't find it to be that big of a deal. In Eve they tell new players, "Don't fly what you can't afford to lose." If the item destruction was so high in this game (as I feel it should be to help encourage an economy), it would be the same: "Don't wear what you can't afford to lose."