Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Two servers?

Quote Originally Posted by Hopibear View Post
    Yeah but still this will split the community...
    .. its just annoying and it sucks and it makes me cry very hard!!!!
    And it SHOULD split the community. It will open the game to more players who like the Prelude ruleset, but find the Post-Prelude ruleset disconcerting. Others will love the Chaos ruleset.

More players=More money
    More money=More development
    More development=More features

Boxing the game into 1 ruleset serving 1 type of player is like opening a fast food chain and selling 1 type of hamburger. Yeah, you will get a loyal following, but you will remain small, and soon your loyal following will move on to other places. Witness, Darkfall, MO, Shadowbane etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    PvP has nothing to do with sandbox. ATitD is a sandbox and it has no combat at all.
    Having said that, I say it again...no one talks about a PvE server. No one wants that. We are talking about servers with different PvP rules.
    Rules on a server to do with PvP = PvE.

These rules would != sandbox. I know you realise this, equally I know you realise it would be preferable to you as this is your preferred method of game environment and would very much like to see it. I know I would too, if it wern't for the fact I subscribed to the game *as advertised*. Please stop trying to change the game to fit personal playstyle!

I still believe that a second server would split the community too much and make certain elements more restrictive. If all the " hardcore PvPers " when to a second server, the unfortunate downside to that would be that both servers would suffer from shortages of (1) Crafters and (2) People to trade for their crafted goods on the other server. Yes, of course you'll be able to do it regardless, but with less people, it means there's less of a market ( both for people to kill and for people to trade with ).

Also, since Prelude safe zones are going to be coming down eventually after prelude is over ( or has it been confirmed by Jordi that it'll be toggle only AFTER Prelude? ) both servers would amount to ALMOST the same thing, only with a split community.

Quote Originally Posted by Rique View Post
    Painting yourself in a corner now is a bad deal imo.
    Which is precisely what a 1 server with 1 ruleset does.

Quote Originally Posted by Eremon View Post
    And it SHOULD split the community. It will open the game to more players who like the Prelude ruleset, but find the Post-Prelude ruleset disconcerting. Others will love the Chaos ruleset.

More players=More money

Boxing the game into 1 ruleset serving 1 type of player is like opening a fast food chain and selling 1 type of hamburger. Yeah, you will get a loyal following, but you will remain small, and soon your loyal following will move on to other places. Witness, Darkfall, MO, Shadowbane etc.
    It wll do the opposite - please research other games that have done this and see the results. People buy things as advertised. If you went into a greengrocers and said "one apple please" and you were given a bag that you then paid for, how angry would you be to open it at home and find you got a melon instead?

Quote Originally Posted by yoori View Post
    One thing that you seam not to understand is that no one wants pure PvE server and only ones that are crying are PvP'ers(or greifers or however you want to call them) that want to get rid of safezones now. That's why Jooky was/is considering second server without safezones.

If you want to know why safezones are in game read old posts. And please stop your "Don't cry when prelude is over" agenda we all know what will happen then.
    Lumping everyone on this envelope is, well, making an assumption. You know what they say about that...

I am not a griefer or even close. I enjoy the game as a whole, as-is. The attraction to this game is what has already been done. You guys seem to think that we are all here discovering the Wheel FFS...It's been done!

For the record. Safezone and the future plan is fine, death penalty and loot rites are fine, pvp reputation flagging is fine, etc... I am supporting that we leave the game as-is...one big happy family (one server)!

Quote Originally Posted by cejay View Post

These rules would != sandbox. I know you realise this, equally I know you realise it would be preferable to you as this is your preferred method of game environment and would very much like to see it. I know I would too, if it wern't for the fact I subscribed to the game *as advertised*. Please stop trying to change the game to fit personal playstyle!
    SWG was not a sandbox? EvE is not a sandbox?

And noone is asking for "consensual PvP" server, but one with safe-zones and one without safe-zones. Never actually seen anyone ask for PvE server or something similar.

And again, if he thinks that for whatever reason 2 servers are needed, i prefer them to be opened on same day, same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Eremon View Post

More players=More money

Ask CCP (Eve online) how one server is working...BTW they dwarf the subscribers from all the games you mentioned, combined! ... for the last 10 years!

Quote Originally Posted by cejay View Post

Please show me that advertisement. Xsyon has always been advertised as a game with safe zones and open PVp with consequences, player owned protected housing, player owned protected storage.
    Its not me who try to change the game. It is you, and I don't mind it at all...seems Xsyon is willing to change it to your like, but on a different server. Why aren't you happy for that ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    Please show me that advertisement. Xsyon has always been advertised as a game with safe zones and open PVp with consequences, player owned protected housing, player owned protected storage.
    Its not me who try to change the game. It is you, and I don't mind it at all...seems Xsyon is willing to change it to your like, but on a different server. Why aren't you happy for that ?
    +1