View Poll Results: Wipe after they fix server issues?

Voters
286. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

135 47.20%
  • No

151 52.80%
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Delete all totems, keep the characters and the tribes they are in.

if we can plant then and it will work this would be fine and please do it before 0300 PST :P
    I am tired now, i stayed up until 4am (GMT+1) and get up at 8am, so i am a liitle bit of lacking sleep :P

we need it. better loose one day or two than this. wipe should be

Voted yes now, after running around a bit I'd reckon there are hundreds of bugged totems by now. Personally I've seen:

- messages that I would enter tribeland without any totem of this tribe to be seen
    - totems placed (or owned by) 1-player tribes
    - totems I could not klick to see who owned the totem.

Somehow I don't think that all these things can be corrected without a new wipe.

Quote Originally Posted by Larsa View Post
    This is most likely a homestead. They both look the same right now.

Quote Originally Posted by BigCountry View Post
    why did the DB get f up?

/face palm

we all just wasted 5 hours.....man
    Hey i remember you that guy from Darkfall myself and no one else liked.

Anyways a server wipe needs to happen when clan totems are everywhere without clan members in them taking up the land.

I can cope with either one at this point. All I hope is that we get a little advanced notice on when the new start time will be if there is going to be a wipe, and that some of the worst lag causers are fixed before then, or this is going to happen all over again, except with even more upset players than there are now.

With the advent of cheap storage and much cheaper computers, I thought that devs/game companies would be able to host their own servers, but I guess not. Maybe it's because of the security side of things making that too complicated and better left to providers? I'm curious if anyone knows, although the info will be of absolutely no use to me whatsoever. Anyway, I believe the devs about the interim server issue, the firewall issue, and the provider just not coming through for them, because this isn't the first time I've heard of this happening. Hell, it's not even the first time I've heard of this happening this month. Didn't Earthrise just have a server provider problem, too?

Homestead totems look exactly like tribe totems.
    This is just your impatience, due to server lag it takes awhile for the option to come up, and another little while for the window to come up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehralph View Post
    This is just your impatience, due to server lag it takes awhile for the option to come up, and another little while for the window to come up.
    Nope, even without much lag (like when you log in after a crash) for most of the totem i've found i couldn't read their info and i've been waiting for like 5 minutes and no window popped, but the quest window opened immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    This is most likely a homestead. They both look the same right now.
    I don't know. Do homestead totems also tell you who the tribe leader is and how many members the tribe has and whether it's a good or neutral or evil tribe when you inspect them? Can homestead totems also have user generated quests?