Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Brutix View Post
    I personally don't like fighting crafters but if my guild is at war with another guild, then preying on their crafters just makes tactical sense. Also if I'm in a ganking mood I will gank everyone and anyone. Crafters do bug me a little though, their personality and their sense of entitlement. I play MMO's because I love not knowing or having control of people or situations. Some people get extremely stressed when things don't go their way. These are the people I hate and whether they are crafter or pvper I will kill them just so I can hear them freak out.
    explain where anyone has requested an entitlement? it is the pvp'rs here that are requesting the entitlement and bitching about a planned feature because it doesn't suit their tastes of what a sandbox constitutes. The whole complaint here is because the pvp'rs don't want safe zones the developers do for the prelude. In the end the pvp'rs will get what they want as the safe zone are going to be gone once prelude is over, this has been the plan all along. The fact is xyson is not about pvp as a primary focus but secondary which has been said many times by jooki here, feature page, and interviews.

MrKrueak -

Does Jordi actually say PvP is a secondary focus? I haven't found anything like that.

Not "relying on PvP" or not having PvP as the "driving factor" doesn't mean it's secondary. Sounds like an equal focus to me, especially considering it's open-PvP with removal of safe zones after Prelude.

3. 02-24-2011, 04:40 PM

Quote Originally Posted by JCatano View Post
    MrKrueak -

Does Jordi actually say PvP is a secondary focus? I haven't found anything like that.

Not "relying on PvP" or not having PvP as the "driving factor" doesn't mean it's secondary. Sounds like an equal focus to me, especially considering it's open-PvP with removal of safe zones after Prelude.
    there is a link to an interview somewhere around here that has him stating his intentions with the game, if i can find it again will post it but it should also be obvious by simply looking at the feature page, he is advertising the game as a world simulator crafting centric game with pvp not a world simulator pvp centric with crafting ala dark fall/mortal online. it is what makes xyson different they are building the worl simulator and crafting part first with a higher priority over pvp

doesn't not mean that the game won't become pvp centric after prelude though

Quote Originally Posted by MrKrueak View Post
    there is a link to an interview somewhere around here that has him stating his intentions with the game, if i can find it again will post it but it should also be obvious by simply looking at the feature page, he is advertising the game as a world simulator crafting centric game with pvp not a world simulator pvp centric with crafting ala dark fall/mortal online. it is what makes xyson different they are building the worl simulator and crafting part first with a higher priority over pvp

doesn't not mean that the game won't become pvp centric after prelude though
    I'm not asking about anything that can be interpreted into a personal-wish view. I'm asking if there is anything that specifically says PvP is "secondary".

I'm not asking about anything that can be interpreted into a personal-wish view. I'm asking if there is anything that specifically says PvP is "secondary".
    here is one interview where he talking about what xsyon is and does not mention pvp at all, obviously if it was pvp focused he'd be marketing that not what he was

http://www.mmorpgitalia.it/site/cont...ames-Interview

here is another where he does mention pvp but states the main storyis to set up the epic struggle between good vs evil in the prelude

http://beefjack.com/features/intervi...avis-on-xsyon/

there some others out there from different sites but those 2 above seems to repeat just on different sites, just google xyson interviews if you want to read others, that last one is the latest one i could find

here is one interview where he talking about what xsyon is and does not mention pvp at all, obviously if it was pvp focused he'd be marketing that not what he was

http://www.mmorpgitalia.it/site/cont...ames-Interview

here is another where he does mention pvp but states the main storyis to set up the epic struggle between good vs evil in the prelude

http://beefjack.com/features/intervi...avis-on-xsyon/

there some others out there from different sites but those 2 above seems to repeat just on different sites, just google xyson interviews if you want to read others, that last one is the latest one i could find
    Those are irrelevant to what I asked.

Those are irrelevant to what I asked.
    i don't see how, unless you are wanting to see the word "secondary" in prelude, why does it have to be spelled out?

i don't see how, unless you are wanting to see the word "secondary" in prelude, why does it have to be spelled out?
    Because, if it isn't stated as being secondary, you can't assume it is.

We could go the other direction here:

Jordi Grau Davis: The original concept and design for Xsyon was influenced by Ultima Online, D&D and a bit by the first MMO I played a long time ago, Dark Sun Online.

Two heavily focused PvP games. I think DSO only has a few safe zones.

Because, if it isn't stated as being secondary, you can't assume it is.

We could go the other direction here:

Jordi Grau Davis: The original concept and design for Xsyon was influenced by Ultima Online, D&D and a bit by the first MMO I played a long time ago, Dark Sun Online.

Two heavily focused PvP games. I think DSO only has a few safe zones.

either way we will all see, my point against most of the posts is people wanting things their way, as i said before we are not playing pay anyone elses but xysons game. If he decides to go pvp centric then he does those that don't like that can quite, same for if he decides to go crafting centric with little pvp then those that don't like that either can quit.

Issue is everyone thinks it's their game to tell the devs what should or shouldn't be in. The biggist misconception here is that the customer being us have no clue what we are talking about when giving game changing suggestions and are not always right

I've seen some people ask for safe zones to go away earlier than stated. It's not really an extravagant request when you consider that they are going to be removed, anyway. I also see some people going full steam ahead by asking for, or implying, they want safe zones forever.

As you said... Jordi's game. He stated no safe zones after Prelude.