Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Two servers

Well i just hope there is a solution..

Earlier on today there must have been low pop or something, as it was running smoothly. And there was enough activity going on around the area i was in to make the world feel populated. Guess all we can do is wait and hope that the next announcement actually has something good that actually changes the performance in game.

Quote Originally Posted by d1g1talbuddha View Post
    The question is "When?"

Server was much better before the 12hr rollback. Whatever they did, made it worse. Much worse.
    They started saving the data

One server please.

And I have noticed it too, it starts nice and then gets laggy and leads to a crash, like a memory leak or some sort of bad queing problem where requests are not processed fast enough, pile up and server dies.

I still like the route of fixing the problem that causes lag, instead.

The ping isn't really accumulating as far as I have seen since the last update.
    You can always improve coding regardless of when it was made, how and by who. Which is what they are doing.

I'd be surprised if it was crafting that was the issue. It is more likely that after the 12hrs rollback, they added PvP and animals. Now that is extra strain on the server, extra coding they haven't had any server logs on, which they are now getting so that they can fix problems in combat and animals as well.
    I'd think it was like that since they've released features in packs

Obviously heavy debugging is going on that's why it's even laggier. What might be a good move from devs is to add this info somewhere in-game so people stop crying "OMG ITS GETTING WORSE ARGHLBARGH /WRIST"

Can't have 2 servers. Xsyon lets you change the landscape and build structures. If a server population decreased in the future, there would be no way to merge them without wiping people's progress.

Its related to the amount of people that are connection that for sure.. if its not hardware load ie servers, switches and other infratructure then its bad coding to do with the amonut of people logged on.

When there are only a few people logged onto the server it runs perfect even with everyone terrforming and crafting and fighting..

So this is related to the amonut of people.. having two servers would solve this for the time being but if this game got really popular then both the servers would soon start having the issue.

So no matter what they need to tackle the issue and get it sorted now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    Can't have 2 servers. Xsyon lets you change the landscape and build structures. If a server population decreased in the future, there would be no way to merge them without wiping people's progress.
    I was thinking about this, too. And with no idea how much it costs to rent and maintain a server each month, I wouldn't even be able to guess at what more servers would do to the profit margin. Besides, they're saying more servers isn't going to fix it. And what am I going to do, stand here with my zero experience running servers and say, nuh unh! You're lying!

I'm dying to ask what players can do to minimize lag for each other, but I'm afraid to ask because if someone tells me how to make things better, some drooling idiot will then have the info needed to make things worse. And there's always at least one drooling idiot around somewhere waiting to try to break what he couldn't build if his life depended on it.

Er...no.

Quote Originally Posted by ifireallymust View Post
    I was thinking about this, too. And with no idea how much it costs to rent and maintain a server each month, I wouldn't even be able to guess at what more servers would do to the profit margin. Besides, they're saying more servers isn't going to fix it. And what am I going to do, stand here with my zero experience running servers and say, nuh unh! You're lying!

I'm dying to ask what players can do to minimize lag for each other, but I'm afraid to ask because if someone tells me how to make things better, some drooling idiot will then have the info needed to make things worse. And there's always at least one drooling idiot around somewhere waiting to try to break what he couldn't build if his life depended on it.

Er...no.
    Probably biggest help is if everyone who could do it (as in schedule permits) would only play from 9pm PDT to 9am PDT. That would spread us out a bit.