Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast
    I assume you have already played it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vicid View Post
    I assume you have already played it.
    Why won't you state the game which had players policing the game at all times? You seem very confident that you guys were the police on this game. Tell the community, so you can be properly dismissed as being full of it.

We only mention it in every other thread we've posted in.

Quote Originally Posted by Vicid View Post
    We only mention it in every other thread we've posted in.
    Except not here for some reason. I am not interested in your other threads. Just say what it is, so the community can point out how false it is. Otherwise you are just trolling.

I did a search and it is in this thread

Added after 41 minutes:

*sigh* I was hoping to drag him around a little longer.

At least two games have had a system that allowed players to find people accountable for their in-game actions. I personally saw this in Shadowbane where doing something annoying/exploitive (Like teleporting into a solid object and capturing resources) got your city burnt to the ground.

What a lot of people think of, however, (and what this game reminds them of) is UO before they added a safe zone... you can read about that in the following blog I spent 2 seconds searching for.

http://tobolds.blogspot.com/2005/09/...e-trammel.html

Xsyon Citizen
    Lol this is like playing chess with pigeons, as they say.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenmaster13 View Post
    Please back that up. Which game do you speak of?
    Uh, ever hear of Eve Online? One of the greatest sandbox games ever made? Where players are the police force?

Xsyon Citizen
    EVE must not be a very popular title, or must not have this player-policing you speak of.

Otherwise, clearly ZENMASTER would know about it, since he's a bona fide expert on the subject rather than some twit who has zero clue what he is talking about.

In shadowbane on the Vindication server, we were labeled the 'server police' because, well, we did what we thought we needed to do to keep the server healthy. ie. we worked to keep big people form smushing small people, and if someone got too big, would engage the war machine to (often times fighting against signicantly higher numbers) to force them to 'break'. We were ble to do this because we were competent and persistent on the offense, and one of the best on defense.

Not everyone liked our brand of justice and it got us in more than a few fights...and it came back to bite us on a server wipe, where we were welcomed to a server united against us...that didn't go well (but they got what they deserved, since their unholy alliance effectively destroyed the server...)

anyway sig to prove it. And yes, we typically make themed sigs around whichever game/guild tag we're using.

and just because it still makes me laugh

Xsyon Citizen
    The above post is all a lie, part of an elaborate hoax intended to fool Xsyon players into thinking that PVP can be fun even when you didn't see it coming.

Unfortunately, none of what Dubs and Vicid are saying ever happened.