Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    How can you give anything but steriotypical responses to this thread?

I was super excited about this game personally from all the features, screen-shots, even a couple Let's Play video's i checked out, I had myself thinking "Yeah, this is a game I can totally get into." But after having to deal with a double-payment charge upon purchasing (resolved), frequent crashing, waiting times, poor optimization, and many gameplay bugs.. I just feel greatly frustrated and disappointed and also view this game being a beta we've payed full shelf-price for.

I can't help but think of my experience as being along the lines of the FFXIV flop...

"While more than two months have passed since the official launch of FINAL FANTASY XIV service, we deeply regret that the game has yet to achieve the level of enjoyability that FINAL FANTASY fans have come to expect from the franchise, and for this we offer our sincerest of apologies.

After thorough deliberation on how to meet those expectations, it was decided that the most viable step was to approach improvements under new leadership and with a restructured team."

Here's hoping that 2 months from now history doesn't have to repeat itself...

Yeah, but xsyon worked until it went live. lol. A lot of games never worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Minasojo View Post
    I can't help but think of my experience as being along the lines of the FFXIV flop...
    Actually, playing Xsyon for only one week already made me want to come back to FFXIV... I'm kinda waiting right now for Japan to let them bring the servers back up to be able to play again. I've heard the game has improved quite a lot and it's coming back live at 25 of March (This friday?)
    Anyways, will still give Jordi those two months before finally deciding. Games like Xsyon always have a potential to come back strong in a year or so, given enough players keep playing it no matter what ans supporting the indy company with their pretty much monthly donations. One thing we shouldn't do is ask for refunds. Developers like Jordi deserve support, no matter how successful they are in the end.
    Sadly, big companies with tons of money are releasing brain dead products for brain dead players. There's almost nothing good left in the market. All the deep games are made by indy companies, once again, sadly. The best one of them must be EVE atm, but it's not for everybody (I, myself, can't play a spaceship for longer than one month - get bored to death).

To sum my wall of text up, we still need to give Jordi more time. I think he is going in the right direction and it seems like he is still working really hard to make his baby work and be what he wanted (wants) it to be. My solution is playing very little not to get burned out too fast :P

Definitely can sympathize. I've taken the approach of getting on and if there is no lag playing for an hour or so (though I did play a good portion of the weekend). Anymore if there is lag I just log off and do something else. Not worth it to work through the lag. I also am being careful to not level all my skills or to even grind more than a load of whatever at a time. Have had a lot of fun getting to know our neighbors (we mountain folk are cautious but sociable) and over the weekend was shocked when I went scouting in the low lands - it truly looks like an apocolyse occurred, folks down there are crazy.

One thing that might help is to set up an event - for instance a maze might be interesting, especially if you put some danger inside the maze. Or a scavenger hunt where you collect different stuff for different totems across the land. For that matter you could set up a steal the log contest in some of the barren areas - have one person in the middle of a big area with everyone else standing behind lines and drop a log, might be an interesting fight

well i have to say im enjoying the game immensly. i was expecting something diffrent, and that is what we have.

the best part for me is the sense of community created by the local chat limitations (not that the chat box doesnt need work)
    Trading and forming friendships with other tribes and people, dealing with evil tribes, have all been the highlights of the game so far.
    There is a sense of community with your neighbours in this game, that is lacking in most.

I knew when i paid my $40 that the game was a unfinanced half complete indie game, but i felt the developer had a strong vision, which i consider vital to the games sucess. I do not regret my decision.

I agree with the OP totally.

When im able to play with no lag im having realyl bad fps issues so everything goes even slower..

I m sat there thinknig to myself, well i just clicked this one button to scavenge about 20 times in different places and got a few nice items, that took me the best part of 20 mins to basically move around a tiny pile of junk pressing a button.
    So decided to collect some resources, spend an hour gathering different things and piling up by the junk adn then when i had enough stuff moving upto my camp, lucky at the moment no one else is on because of all the issues lol.. anyway that was an hour of exciting gameplay thats for sure.

I then decided to make soem tools....... Well anyway you all get it by now lol..

At the moment there aint anything else to do, cant pvp becauseo f the crap fps and lag, pve is no existant i know there was suppose to be more anumals added yesterday but by the time i got on they where all gone.

Now dont get me wrong i do enoy the crafting and gathering items to build up my camp... but there is only so much of that you can do before getting silly bored.

Im a bit sad abotu this but i do think if things have not improved content wise let alone stability wise i wont be around after my first 2 months and thats a shame because this gam could be somthing, and yeah im awesome the prelude is not te full game but they need to have stuff in game where people can have real fun.

When the game works you can see the devs have godo vision for what they want and have worked hard so far but i dont think crafting and gathering will hold people around for long.

Present are just so many things that enhance the game that were to begin is baffling. A lot of you have understood what I was saying flawlessly and comprehend where I am coming from. I do feel that the game can improve by a considerable amount over the duration but things I do not agree with is that we should not have our free months start now since the merchandise is not even a fraction of begin accomplished. Someone mentioned Final Fantasy Online, and what they did when the game was not doing well is that they allowed everyone who did buy the game have "free" game play time until the game was fixed. I bought the game on launch, and I've been playing off and on for the past year (free). Now do I think Xsyon should be the same, maybe but Square Enix is a multi-billion dollar company that can afford to do that NG is not. I took in an account everything from Beta to Launch and secondary Launch and I understand the need why NG had to launch the game not even complete.

However, we should as the community not paid for that mistake or foresight. Like most of you, I am here for the long haul but unlike most of you. I work in the gaming industry, and I know how hard it is as myself to be an indie developer. It is hard. It puts such a burden on you that if you are not strong or have proper support doing it, the years of work you put into could crumble before you in seconds. I understand the coding, the script writing. The develop phase, the concept art, and concept phase of the game development, hell I even understand how annoying it is to work with an artist you cannot understand your vision at all but pretend they know better (I can't draw so I have to hire Artist often). One thing I'd like to say that I know most of the people playing this game come from so many backgrounds. I know one person that plays that is an Extremely Knowledgeable in hosting servers and has offered his services for free to Xsyon to help the game, that is just one example, but I know of several others, which have offered help as well. I do think that the 40$ fee that we all paid for the two months is perfectly reasonable for two months of gameplay and even our bonus weapon (no matter how useless it really is, or even though we are completely clueless on what it does) is cool, furthermore. However, I do not feel that I paid 40$ for that right, and feel that I paid 40$ to support NG in their dreams to create their game since all it has right now is a blank world, with nothing added. (not including dirt castles and junk piles) I do hope that the games go well and developers well but if NG cannot afford to hire people, they may want to look at the community they have for help and the reason I say that is because NG has stated "This game will be community run" so let us the community help you NG. I am sure most of us would help in our off time or spare time, even some would give a discount on their normal hourly fee to help you improve the game (Mind you. I am saying I want to be hired or anything just stating).

Those that want the game to be free for as long as they think is acceptable then carry on, As pointed out Ng is a small company. Yes they are having problems right now and have done for a while , But if tyou want months and months of free time , Then just close your account now, As funds will dry up no doubt and the game will burn out ,

So think before you say "i want i want" Think of the bigger picture for a second in the fact that you maybe having all the free time you want on a dead server and the game placed in the history books.

Quote Originally Posted by r0ss0 View Post
    Those that want the game to be free for as long as they think is acceptable then carry on, As pointed out Ng is a small company. Yes they are having problems right now and have done for a while , But if tyou want months and months of free time , Then just close your account now, As funds will dry up no doubt and the game will burn out ,

So think before you say "i want i want" Think of the bigger picture for a second in the fact that you maybe having all the free time you want on a dead server and the game placed in the history books.
    I do not think you even read what I wrote. Which is sad, becuase I wrote it clearly enough to state the following:

" NG does not have the money to what do what Square Enix is doing "

but if you were not point out what I said that is okie sorry.