Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Server is up!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooflung View Post
    It's funny to see the real noobs crying on the forums within the first hour of server launch. Name one, just one, MMO that had a hiccup free launch? I bet even the new ones that some of these whiners pretend are perfect will hose up at launch too. "I spent my $40 for perfection!!! Beta is over" LoL. Get a grip young one, this is how it goes. Relax, have another Monster, and keep checking back.

MMO's are never out of beta, they are always a work in progress....

And the more that poeple keep on allowing it to happen wihout complaints , the more companies will put out buggier and buggier products .

Granted , servers crash , and it generally happens under load on a launch day if that was all it was , i wouldn't have a problem with it , but to not have enough bandwidth to allow those who have paid a relatively lag free gameplay is just ridiculous in my eyes .

Quote Originally Posted by bankerandrew View Post
    no matter how much you complain about me complaining.. you are still complaining... and i am tired of people complaining about my right to complain. it is not my fault they couldnt afford a decent server for launch... and i am correct that the game is now out of beta... so if i want to say something i will and nothing you can say will stop me, or make me any less right. regardless, i do realize there is nothing that can be done.. they failed, and now we just have to deal with it. but dont tell me to stop... when you are complaining yourself.
    No, I was telling you to relax, stop complaining so much, so often. Your post history is just one giant complaint.

Quote Originally Posted by ifireallymust View Post
    I got a totem placed, anyway. Time to log out for a bit and hope it's still there when I come back like it's supposed to be. That will give everyone else who didn't get one down before the lag/crash/server go poof hit to place theirs. Besides, I can't so much as pick up a blade of grass!
    dont count on it i got a totem placed too logged for an hour to let things cool down got back in and it had gone

no matter how much you complain about me complaining.. you are still complaining... and i am tired of people complaining about my right to complain. it is not my fault they couldnt afford a decent server for launch... and i am correct that the game is now out of beta... so if i want to say something i will and nothing you can say will stop me, or make me any less right. regardless, i do realize there is nothing that can be done.. they failed, and now we just have to deal with it. but dont tell me to stop... when you are complaining yourself.
    Complaining or not... yelling on the forums is childish...immature.

Thinking this launch would go by smoothly...naive.

If you've developed mmos before and have had a successful no problems launch, then you might be in the right, but until you wear the shoes you have no idea what the problem is. It might not even be the servers... maybe it's the tribe glitched that's ruining everything.

What you should be asking is "What is the problem?".

Quote Originally Posted by galagah View Post
    And the more that poeple keep on allowing it to happen wihout complaints , the more companies will put out buggier and buggier products .
    Oh, don't worry about the lack of complaints, human history shows that we complain a whole lot more then we praise.

i do realize there is nothing that can be done.. they failed, and now we just have to deal with it. but dont tell me to stop... when you are complaining yourself.
    How small minded are you? Do us all a favour, get a refund, and do one. It's prats like you that that are never happy, what ever the situation, you'll always find something to whine about. A quick glance at your post history confirms this. There's being critical, then there's taking the p**s - hazard a guess which category you fall under?

Quote Originally Posted by Ashfield212 View Post
    How small minded are you? Do us all a favour, get a refund, and do one. It's prats like you that that are never happy, what ever the situation, you'll always find something to whine about. A quick glance at your post history confirms this. There's being critical, then there's taking the p**s - hazard a guess which category you fall under?
    its amazing how many people here just don't understand when some of us spend money we want something to show for it... when companies go live when they shouldn't, and someone speaks up, there are always people like you who are happy to bend over and take it in the rear and with a smile on your face.

The devs made a great game... i dont disagree, what they failed in is releasing too early when they were not ready to handle the traffic / bandwidth.. why is this my fault? I am happy to wait until the game is ready.. 2 more weeks or a month.. but if the game is live.. you bet i am going to want to stake my claim with everyone else... and if i want to fault them for not being prepared.. then so be it.... you are complaining as well.

Quote Originally Posted by orious13 View Post
    Complaining or not... yelling on the forums is childish...immature.

Thinking this launch would go by smoothly...naive.

If you've developed mmos before and have had a successful no problems launch, then you might be in the right, but until you wear the shoes you have no idea what the problem is. It might not even be the servers... maybe it's the tribe glitched that's ruining everything.

What you should be asking is "What is the problem?".
    Thinking that people wouldn't complain about a product not working... even more naive.

The customer need not be compassionate about the trials and tribulations of MMO design. They don't need to be able to program one themselves. The only requirement is that the customer pay for the service. If the service does not work, then complaints are completely and totally warranted.

With the poor way MMOs come out these days, one thing is certain - bending over and making excuses for the failures of a paid service doesn't seem to be working well for the consumer.

its amazing how many people here just don't understand when some of us spend money we want something to show for it... when companies go live when they shouldn't, and someone speaks up, there are always people like you who are happy to bend over and take it in the rear and with a smile on your face.

The devs made a great game... i dont disagree, what they failed in is releasing too early when they were not ready to handle the traffic / bandwidth.. why is this my fault? I am happy to wait until the game is ready.. 2 more weeks or a month.. but if the game is live.. you bet i am going to want to stake my claim with everyone else... and if i want to fault them for not being prepared.. then so be it.... you are complaining as well.
    Not yellin at ya...but technically this isnt Live...thats Mar 1st...were still in Beta, just after the Final Wipe...this is their server load test...plus we all get March free for pre-ordering

Quote Originally Posted by Risk View Post
    Not yellin at ya...but technically this isnt Live...thats Mar 1st...were still in Beta, just after the Final Wipe...this is their server load test...plus we all get March free for pre-ordering
    We get March and April I think - it was two months included, wasn't it?