Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by overhated696 View Post
    There wont be Alts, its 1 character per accout ( correct me if im wrong ).
    This is true, there will be only one character per account.

1 character per account is correct but there is NO rule about having more then one account. So you could indeed have more then one character, the game will run dual clients and have heard tales of 3 or 4 running as well on a good machine.

You can have more than one account, but to invite your alt you would have to run 2 instances of client, at least for now.

I was ganked 2 times yesterday - I rerolled after the first one and the second time seemed to be a misunderstanding and I saved all my stuff.

This is beta and I was just trying to explore as a new player. Too bad that players will not be able to freely explore when ganking has already started....

I know that 14 year old boys LOVE the PvP - feeling like a big-shot killing inocent players - but as a player that likes to explore and "see the world" I hate open PvP.

I have joined a good tribe so I guess I am stuck crafting in the compound area where it is safe.

I understand about the alts - but as an altaholic I will miss trying different aspects of this game. It does limit the crafter from perfecting all of the skills and the adventurer from exploring as a different character. As a Beta Tester I usually create a few different characters and try each in a different areas of the game. This allows me to see what I find out about the game, gameplay, map, crafts, weapon/armor choices etc.....

Try expolring farther away from the lake, it's much less crowded. Also hiding and running will be useful skills for you. Lots of energy wouldn't hurt either.

as far as crafting , right now in beta u should have all the crafting skills to test out unless thats been changed recently. and a crafter can explore fine.. my last char i had was a 58 bone crafter and was spec'd half way for taming/pvp lol too bad the taming was never put in yet lol but all should be safe, but i understand what your saying i was ganked 1 time right after i went afk but back then the bags were bugged so when i killed him i couldn't loot my stuff back... but they were cool and gave it back

Quote Originally Posted by mappam View Post
    I was ganked 2 times yesterday - I rerolled after the first one and the second time seemed to be a misunderstanding and I saved all my stuff.

This is beta and I was just trying to explore as a new player. Too bad that players will not be able to freely explore when ganking has already started....

I know that 14 year old boys LOVE the PvP - feeling like a big-shot killing inocent players - but as a player that likes to explore and "see the world" I hate open PvP.

I have joined a good tribe so I guess I am stuck crafting in the compound area where it is safe.

I understand about the alts - but as an altaholic I will miss trying different aspects of this game. It does limit the crafter from perfecting all of the skills and the adventurer from exploring as a different character. As a Beta Tester I usually create a few different characters and try each in a different areas of the game. This allows me to see what I find out about the game, gameplay, map, crafts, weapon/armor choices etc.....
    Well u can do all that during beta just create new characters. Or, you could just change skill whever u like you are not stuck with a profession for life. It is a skill based system and u can mix and match whatever you like its not that restrictive. and if all that fails, play another game.

BTW if anyone wants to follow the progress of a solo player via a story then visit this thread..!http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...ing-or-the-end