View Poll Results: When Should Safe Zones Be Turned Off?

Voters
142. You may not vote on this poll
  • 2 Weeks

27 19.01%
  • 4 Weeks

18 12.68%
  • 3 Months

18 12.68%
  • 6 Months

79 55.63%
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    @wulvgar

Check your join date twice !!!!

EDIT: Another thing, it will help kill all the macroers. haha.

wulvgar are you a macroer???

Quote Originally Posted by joexxxz View Post
    @wulvgar

Check your join date twice !!!!

EDIT: Another thing, it will help kill all the macroers. haha.

wulvgar are you a macroer???
    join date means what exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by NexAnima View Post
    join date means what exactly?
    From my experiences it means you can be a jerk off with a bit more authority then newbs.

Check a suggestion and let me know what u think about that!!!
    http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...ll=1#post71296

I've been serving coffee and snacks to these grizzled vets for weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by maelwydd View Post
    From my experiences it means you can be a jerk off with a bit more authority then newbs.
    *checks date*

Guess that makes me a damn authoritative jerk

Quote Originally Posted by Lily View Post
    *checks date*

Guess that makes me a damn authoritative jerk
    You CAN be, it isn't compulsory though.

Yes dumb kids. Safe zones should never get removed so we can get rid of griefers who will emoragequit once this is published.

Starting zones should always remain safe zones so new players can get used to game mechanics and build their skills up before embarking on trip outside of safe zones. Starting zones should not contain too many things so that reward of moving out is big, but so does the risk increase. Imagine a starting zone like a boot camp where soldiers are trained in basic combat before facing real enemies.

I have a feeling that too many people would like to gank new starters and are moaning against safe zones for that very reason. Under pretense of pvp they want to grief newbies. No game should allow griefing of newbies by wannabe pvpers. In fact every game should try very hard to make griefers leave as soon as possible as they are not adding anything of value to any sandbox, people like that only bring in their frustration over their job, lack of girfriend or boyfriend, hatred towards their life or their mirror image and then try to make up by killing newbies that don't know how to fight back. That is not pvp and any cry by that group should be completely ignored by and development company who considers itself professional. A sandbox needs roleplayers and not some sad individual who just wants to ruin gaming experience for everyone else. Guys who run around destroying resources, stumps and changing terrain in order to ruin the landscape for others are that group in Xsyon. If devs allow that group (which is a minority but extremly vocal to make up for their lack of numbers) to start impacting the game Xsyon is toast in less then 3 months.

People like that are easy to spot on forums. If a thread is very long like this one it is usually those who post multiple times per page and most of their posts are pointless flaming one liners. Their goal is not to bring reasonable arguments to discussion but to stir up community, same as in game, in order to grief people even outside of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Illmaculate View Post
    Who in the fuck are all of these kids voting six months? Seriously.
    It's not the kids, it's the grownups

Kids don't have the patience to wait 6 months for anything, they will have moved on to the next game (SW:ToR ?) by that time anyway, safezones or no safezones...

IMO It depends on when gates get put in i.e. once there is the possibility of creating a safe-ish zone.

I agree though that people who want PvP aren't too concerned about small safe zones - the whole rest of the map is open for combat. Its simply the griefers who want to kill afk people and crafters that cry for no safe zones now.