Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithStone View Post
    They are almost always started with just a few and over time they build up to large numbers.

You're looking at data about tribes based on a period over time and not what it takes to start a tribe in one day.

These restrictions about tribes doesn't make sense.

It's being setup in a way that benefits what most people will carll Zergs and the only tribes in this game that are zergs right now are the ones from beta.

My tribe has an advantage, we've been around since beta - this game shouldn't cater to tribes like this.

Everyone on day 1 of luanch day should have the same oppurtunity to build and grow with this game. I don't understand why a decision that only benefits tribes who have been around since before the game has even luanched would be included in day 1 of launch day.

It doesn't matter how much we helped out with testing or finding bugs, etc - you have to be fair to everyone on launch day.

You can deminish in tribe status, but you can't grow with player count - that doesn't even make sense to me imo.

We really need to rethink how tribes work.

This is how it should be:

There can only be tribes in this game, your territory grow's based on member count. Max radius from another tribes border when setting a totem = 100m.

In a land rush it's about getting land, if you feel like your area is over crowded go somewhere else.

Allow tribes to be started with 1 person.

Edited: Do not allow tribes to place a totem within 50m of a scrap pile, this prevents exploits by large tribes that could have solo tribes started to claim up all the scrap piles. (tribe border can engulf a scrap pile if the tribe grows large enough and there is not an existing tribe in your way.)

Do away with settelements, bands, and clans, please!

This allows tribes to grow and shrink based on member count and it still keeps solo to small group players confined in a smaller area that can be picked for resources outside their actual owned territory.

And then the only thing that would need to be done is make it so that unsubbed accounts drop from the totem so that if a solo, small group, or large tribe goes inactive then their totem goes away.

Max tribe radius would still be 200m.

Radius would not overlap another tribe, which means your tribe growth could be blocked as it should in a resource heavy and territory control heavy game. However, you still have the ability to control a minimum of 100m radius, which is 200m across your owned territory.
    lol FAIL if u some how manage to attract more to ur rag tag band then disband and wait the 6h or whatever OR have a goonie creat the totem BAM 2 secs and ur done already and ready for ur new land IF its around if not u can QQ less like everyone is crying about now and GTFO and find a new place.

the new system is great EVERYONE gets to get closer together and have more pew pew. it also reduces the griefer tactics already brought up by some less desirable tribes hmmmm werent u apart of that for a while? why did u leave?

in short QQ more and ur tears are delicious! maybe Jordy will make the game even better; with the tears of these forums we will build the best game EVER lol

i agree and disagree with the op on this one i think if you start a homestead it should upgrade to a tribe and be able to grow just like a tribe would i dont like the fact that if you have a homestead it can never be anything but a homestead this makes it hard if the person with the homestead wants to start a tribe or band or clan or whatever just keep the maximum radius apart for expansion. also i dont think tribes should be prohibited from placing on junkpiles but i do think anyone should be able to use them.

A lot of people seem to be stuck looking at the current game map as if it is somehow complete, and will not be growing very soon and continuously into the future. Many tribes would do well to consider their first home to be temporary, because they are not locked into any one place in Xsyon. This is one reason I joined a Nomadic tribe, because there will be a lot to see out there...

I've run some numbers which may or may not help with the discussion:

Total # of zones ~= 70
    # of zones in lake ~=20
    Total Area of 1 zone = 1020mx1020m = 1,040,400 m^2/zone
    Percent of settlement worthy area in a zone ~= 30%

Total settlement area on the server = 1,040,400 m^2/zone*(0.30*50 zones)=15,606,000m^2

Area of tribe settlement (let's take a square of 300mx300m, 50m buffer on either side of the 100m extent) = 90,000m^2 per tribe

Total plausible # tribe settlements on 1 server (although very crowded) = 15,606,000m^2/(90,000m^2/tribe) = 173 tribes total

Say average of 15 players per tribe

Total Players on the server = 173 tribes * 15 players/tribe = 2,595 players

Actully I think everyone being a bit short sighted. Prelude is a starting point for the game the world currently has nothing in it, all the towns, way stations and everything in between will be defined by guilds big and small. If an area gets to over populated for some well they will a few have choices stay and be diplomatic, Stays and kick people out of an area if they can or go and see what the mist has instore once it starts to pull back and move your people out to find greener pastures.

Granted i coem from one of the larger guilds so we hope to have fewer challenges in getting up and running. As I believe he stated as you grow you will status as well as your land size will change at some point that may bring conflict we isn't that whats suppose to happen its how you deal with that conflict and the large ans small scale that matters and is the game in it's self. Don't get hung up on the land grab day one just play the game and let's where it takes everybody.

Xsyon Citizen
    Fair enough, but a sizeable contingent of players, perhaps even a majority, are not going to sit around waiting 6 months for the devs to put in combat and war. Those are the sort of make-or-break features that need to be in ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Grass_Ninja View Post
    the new system is great EVERYONE gets to get closer together and have more pew pew.
    in short QQ more and ur tears are delicious! maybe Jordy will make the game even better; with the tears of these forums we will build the best game EVER lol
    You sir should do the world a favor and please sterlize yourself

Imo, I really don't like the new tribe system. Not because I don't like the idea, it is just very complicated for this system as it is and I don't see a reason to limit tribes like that.
    I liked the homestead/tribe area. I thought the homestead had a bit too large area, but hell that can be rewritten easily.

So I partially agree with the OP, but seriously, a tribe is not started by one person it is of several persons forming their own distinctive culture. 5-10 is a good invitation number for tribes.

I don't like or dislike the new tribe settings for the simple reason, we don't know what the impact will be. How about the system is tested before screaming "shit sux".