Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Good point MrDDT. Plus there is going to be a quality loss on items anyway over time.

Xsyon Citizen
    No I am not planing on taking a break but accidents can happen to anyone even you, so yes, if anyone is still paying for their account that means he still care about hes invested time, and hes investments should stay protected.
    There are a lot of players that are un-subbed, I agree those should be cleaned after two month and his things are stored and then destroyed after a year.
    There should nothing be left for free loot to anyone, everyone should gather things on their own and trade with each other.

Quote Originally Posted by znaiika View Post
    No I am not planing on taking a break but accidents can happen to anyone even you, so yes, if anyone is still paying for their account that means he still care about hes invested time, and hes investments should stay protected.
    There are a lot of players that are un-subbed, I agree those should be cleaned after two month and his things are stored and then destroyed after a year.
    There should nothing be left for free loot to anyone, everyone should gather things on their own and trade with each other.
    First of all, this is the system that the Devs have decided on, this is what is being tested, a lot of the community support how the devs want this to work, but even if there was no support, they should still impliment it like this, because it IS the best way to do it. Players are accountable for their tribe and for their items, if they lose their shit Its is a result of bad choices on the part of the player, not because the system is flawed. Bolded for emphasis, I suppose you missed it the first time I posted this. Yes accidents happen, but 1.5 month of inactivity and no reaction from the player is not just an "accident" thats either a coma or a planecrash on a deserted island, like I stated in the first post, if these things have happened then Xsyon should be the last thing on your mind.

Second of all, in this and in many other aspects of the game you cannot and should not expect the game to be planned out for every possible stupidity the player can commit. If you manage to fuck somethig up for yourself hopefully you learn from the experience and become smarter as a result.

It is pretty much a moot point and I am not going to engage in another long discussion of this subject because wehve allready discussed this to the point of exhaustion, if you are interested in the finer points of totem decay and upkeep and whatever else there is to discuss about totems, I refer you to the 14 pages long discussion: http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...-expand-please.

Xsyon Citizen
    I can see why you want totem to decay, in that case? It is a good point at some point, still when totem expires all the stuff should be stored in the safe place, and when player come back he should have all the things back.
    I also would like to see player made structures to decay as well, and things like carts also and should have an option to repair, as long if you have woodworking skill at minimum 25.

I can see why you want totem to decay, in that case? It is a good point at some point, still when totem expires all the stuff should be stored in the safe place, and when player come back he should have all the things back.
    I also would like to see player made structures to decay as well, and things like carts also and should have an option to repair, as long if you have woodworking skill at minimum 25.

How do you propose they have these things back? Also which player gets it? What if its the leader of a 200 person totem?

Xsyon Citizen
    You have a point there about items, then the items should be destroyed with the totem and all structures as well, leaving clean area.

You have a point there about items, then the items should be destroyed with the totem and all structures as well, leaving clean area.

Well currently the plan is to just leave that area as open for people to loot however they wish. I dont see a reason to destroy the items and once decay starts setting in, those items will disappear over time.

I wouldnt mind people getting the items if they dont log in after so long, but I think it would take a lot of coding for really very little reward out of it. Most of the items in this game are next to worthless, its about toon skills and building your world.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Ive been around since day 1. The people that start playing again, you know what a lot of them do? (Not the big massive tribe ones) they restart their toon and can care less about the items they lost.

Anyone that has been playing for a long time, most of their items are about worthless and out of date. They end up not bringing more than the stuff on their backs with them to the tribe and then end up saying "Why did I worry about this crap".
    That is what I did. . although now I regret it.

I didnt restart, I took what was available from my tribes baskets, things I figured I would need... I forgot a few things mind you, but I am doing alright without them for now. But that is offtopic.

I do however see things going the route of Wurm Online, that in a few years there will be left overs of a few hundred if settlements and structures that were built months if not years prior and left, and then they decayed over time. But the earthworks staying the same, so you will end up with these massive earthwork structures that are left like the Indian Mounds in the Southern US.

Quote Originally Posted by banden View Post
    People, it will be out and active when its done and mails have been sent out to inactive players. You will just have to be patient with it, everyone whos stuck with this game has allready been very patient, maybe you should follow their example.

Oh and the warning for inactive players has been discussed, thoroughly. It was promised that there would be a warning before decay went active, in the end its only fair that they get proper warning, they paid for the game aswell, so drop it.
    I'm inactive and I didn't get an email. Are you guys looting all my nails? Am I a zombie now? : )