Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by baka77 View Post
    Jordi, here's how you can tell you've made the right decision.

Yesterday, most people were screaming about the problems they perceived. Today, most people are brainstorming about how to resolve the problems they perceive. It's like I tell my employees...don't bring me problems, bring me solutions.
    It's better now than it was before the change (/jinxed).

Quote Originally Posted by Shukano View Post
    I think that maybe on the other hand, tribes should be able to give permission for a person to create a homestead on tribe land. Maybe make a permission window in the totem, that way the homesteader is not obligated to be part of the tribe but can purchase or trade (or offer goods) in exchange for a small chunk of land to call their own possibly under the protection of the encompassing tribe.
    I don't see whey it has to be only vice versa where a tribe encompasses an already placed homestead. Let the tribe allow homesteaders on their land. Will create some great social interaction.

Outstanding idea. This offers a nice solution for those who are running medium sized tribes who don't want to run the mega-sized tribe, to have the land under thier control not be as wasteful by parceling it out a bit in the area they'd never expand to be able to use. A medium sort of membership in that they're connected, but independant.

Really like this idea.

Good job Xsyon! I'm impressed and, so far I'm impressed with the posts in this thread. The decision that Jooky and the programers made, along with the solutions they have come up with that allows all players to be on one server has stimulated discussion on how we (the players) can survive, shape and be an integral part of a developing world.

China

Yay!

This is much better, there's lots of opportunity here.

Smaller Homesteads may be asked to swear fealty to the tribe that now owns the land around them.

Don't like that tribe? Go find their enemies and ask them to liberate you!

oops wrong quote

I like the idea about allowing homesteaders to perhaps gain permission to work the land of a tribe

Great news. Please remember risk vs reward system. areas without safe zones need to have a massive upside. and there needs to be reasons for clans to wage war.

Suggestions anyway!

Iinstead of clans choosing whether to be war clan or not and choosing to have safe zones or not, it would be much bettter and less potentially confusing to have areas of the map where safezones are disabled but which have better valuable resources. This way the choice is where you build your village, in a dangerous or safe area? and not an artificial choice which you just click on.

with the current proposal I can see it being hard to tell what areas you can or cannot fight in. and if your having a war with a clan: it wont feel like a true warzone if there is a homesteader justing sitting by his totem within the battlefield safe as sally cinnamon and eating popcorn.

Plus even within the safe zones tribes/homesteads, there needs to eventually a way to fight for the right to that territory, by a "siege" type event. so that if a clan border extends over a homestead the clan can fight him off their territory, and if a small clan has a prime spot a larger clan can take it off them.

Yay! Glad to see we're back to one big happy family on ONE server! Go Xsyon! I don't really care what the ruleset is at this point, just as long as there's one server.

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

This was the right move.

Woot!

When I heard it was back to one server, I was like...

Good call...Game on!