Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    If I could reach through my monitor and give people 5 across the eyes I gaurantee you the stupidity would leave the forums...

Quote Originally Posted by ifireallymust View Post
    It could also be that safe zones will stay, but be limited to the areas that aren't in the mist. Either way, though, a lot of players who like their little safe spots will still want to move into other territories, to explore, to find new resources, to learn new skills. And we won't be able to count on an invisible wall on our little patches of ground. But that doesn't mean only large tribes will be able to go out into those areas. I'm sure we can figure out ways to live in a more dangerous part of the game later on without compromising our independence. And without having any power structure, for that matter. All we need is a system of defense and a way to communicate.
    if thats the case we are still none the wiser lol

Quote Originally Posted by bruisie159 View Post
    if thats the case we are still none the wiser lol
    I took out the first sentence after the quote, sorry, but now you all are confusing me with snippet quotes. I shall go consume caffeine and maybe it will be clearer! Sorry!

At launch all tribal areas will be safe zones, yet they are currently working on a way for us to toggle tribe wars during prelude. After prelude that toggle option is gone, and there are no safe zones.
    Once again - if that's true, how do you reconcile it with this:

A separate zone (as the mist clears) or server with no safe zones at all is also under consideration depending on the world's population. My goal is not to impose new limits as solutions but to give more choices.
    If the safe zones are gone after Prelude, why would you need a seperate, safe-zone-free server or safe-zone-free areas?

It can as well be read like this :

Tribe zones are safe zones during Prelude. After Prelude tribes get the option to turn safety off, but this is a one-time choice, once you turned safe zone off it cannot be switched on again.
    If you read like this there is no contradiction between the 2 sentences.

At first all tribal areas will be safe then, at some point down the road, tribal safe zones will be optional.
    Some players are imagining 'safe switches' that can be turned on and off. That's not part of any plan.

Just to add a bit more to the confusion

Quote Originally Posted by Bridger View Post
    Once again - if that's true, how do you reconcile it with this:

If the safe zones are gone after Prelude, why would you need a seperate, safe-zone-free server or safe-zone-free areas?
    Yeah doesn't seem much point

I think the 'confusion' some people here are having is that they do not understand this phrase which the developer has been repeating many times.

'the game will evolve based on player feedback.'

Now for those who dont understand this does not mean 'the game will evole based on how many posts I make'. He will take a look at unique posts on subjects sure, he will study the database over time which shows users actions..etc. ONLY at that time will he start to think about specifics. All you can be sure of now is generalities, such as he doesnt want to make this game a griever game, now how he does that is not decided at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by FabricSoftener View Post
    I think the 'confusion' some people here are having is that they do not understand this phrase which the developer has been repeating many times.

'the game will evolve based on player feedback.'

Now for those who dont understand this does not mean 'the game will evole based on how many posts I make'. He will take a look at unique posts on subjects sure, he will study the database over time which shows users actions..etc. ONLY at that time will get start to think about specifics. All you can be sure of now is generalities, such as he doesnt want to make this game a griever game, now how he does that is not a generality and is not decided at this time.
    He has however decided safe zones will not be optional. That much we do know. Or maybe i should say can not be toggled on and off.

Quote Originally Posted by bruisie159 View Post
    He has however decided safe zones will not be optional. That much we do know. Or maybe i should say can not be toggled on and off.
    first off you have a lot more faith in developers keeping their word and not changing their mind then I do.
    I dont consider anything for sure until its in game and even then depending on how the players react can be removed.

Now, with that said, he hasnt even decided yet if he is going to make an entirelly different server for warfare and you think this is one thing he is absolutly sure on?

is this your first mmo?

Quote Originally Posted by FabricSoftener View Post
    first off you have a lot more faith in developers keeping their word and not changing their mind then I do.
    I dont consider anything for sure until its in game and even then depending on how the players react can be removed.

Now, with that said, he hasnt even decided yet if he is going to make an entirelly different server for warfare and you think this is one thing he is absolutly sure on?

is this your first mmo?
    The fact that he has said that safe zones will not be able to be toggled but he has NOT decided about a seperate server for full warfare tells me he HAS decided about the first point. Wether he changes his mind in the future is a different matter.