Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Commissar Gromitovsky View Post
    1997 doesn't have the same ring to it. Just ask Prince.
    True that, 1999 it is.

I can see the logic of having separate patch and game servers, but that doesn't make a damn difference if no-one can get in game as the patch server isn't up to the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiriath View Post
    there really is no excuse for not using some kind of torrent system by 2011.
    Kind've agree with you. A lot of games, even free to play ones, have their initial installer, which often uses Pando Media Booster, and then torrent their patches through their client. It's handy.

Especially games that consistently change quite frequently in terms of upgrades / areas / etc.

Work on a torrent patcher.. or work on getting rid of the memory leaks on the server so that the game is playable, sorting out exploits, making sure the starting player population has what it needs to even get started with basic crafting and land..

Choices choices!

The best part is we'll probably have to download this all again because there were space in an item name that has caused the database to destroy itself.

Quote Originally Posted by randomt View Post
    Work on a torrent patcher.. or work on getting rid of the memory leaks on the server so that the game is playable, sorting out exploits, making sure the starting player population has what it needs to even get started with basic crafting and land..

Choices choices!
    yea hosting a torrent with Zone.xsip on the same download server for those interestet would be such a huge time sink.

Quote Originally Posted by Lily View Post
    I can see the logic of having separate patch and game servers, but that doesn't make a damn difference if no-one can get in game as the patch server isn't up to the job.
    Forums, IRC, patch, game. Let's put them all on one ISP host/server...

8. 03-14-2011, 08:42 AM

Quote Originally Posted by AlexTaldren View Post
    Hi, moron. When did the developers say the new download servers would bring increased bandwidth and download speeds? Oh, that's right, they didn't. The only thing the new download servers were supposed to do is allow patching that didn't affect the game server's stability. Now, if you had offered some kind of constructive criticism (instead of misinformed and predictable sarcasm), such as the use of a torrent patcher, then I wouldn't have to resort to calling you a moron. Look what you made me do.
    Calling names is against TOS and against hopi beliefs shame on you hopi!

Quote Originally Posted by STAR_GOD View Post
    Calling names is against TOS and against hopi beliefs shame on you hopi!
    You're very astute. I speak for myself on these forums unless I state otherwise. Shame on me? Sure. Shame on Hopi? Nah.

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexTaldren View Post
    You're very astute. I speak for myself on these forums unless I state otherwise. Shame on me? Sure. Shame on Hopi? Nah.
    Hopi tribe and its members bring shame to each other