Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by thepreston View Post
    Yep, I am aware, however I'm not sure why you mentioned it. All I said was that in real-life I can't get new issues of USD from the Federal Reserve, which is true. I was not implying that this is the only process by which new USD is created, although even if I were to say that, its still true that without currency issue to the member banks from the Federal Reserve the member banks cannot engage in credit expansion, since they would not have a reserve to fractionalize (besides receiving a deposit from a new account holder at the bank, but that money would have to come at least indirectly from the same process).

I don't really want to discuss real-life currency or the banking system in this thread anyway, so this will be the last time I respond to it.
    I know you weren't implying its the only way to create USD. That's why I said "I think you know this already"

That's not quite true. Banks can get their deposits from anyone. Doesn't have to be physical currency, they can fractionalize any USD on deposit, no matter if it was physical or credit creation (you know this i know). A single $1000 deposit can create almost $100k in fresh currency, if every single dollar created is deposited and fractionalized again and again.

That was the first time you responded to this so I don't see what you mean.

Also I was responding to your real life example.

So don't get upset with me!

Anyway, just stating once again for everyone that I have used R$ successfully and have full trust in Reginald. I just think if a few more people were to back his system (active xsyon players), it would really help to facilitate exchanges.

It's understandable that people will want exchanges while you are offline. Hopefully the trade totems resolves that issue.
    Last edited by NorCalGooey; 01-03-2013 at 12:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalGooey View Post
    Anyway, just stating once again for everyone that I have used R$ successfully and have full trust in Reginald. I just think if a few more people were to back his system (active xsyon players), it would really help to facilitate exchanges.

It's understandable that people will want exchanges while you are offline. Hopefully the trade totems resolves that issue.
    I wouldn't mind using the services either if it hadn't been for the fact I need the saw blades more than the R$ right now.

I had this silly idea of getting the saw blades myself and headed out to scavenge them. After 4 days (approx 8 hours) I finally found 3 of them. I ran down to my scavenging toon with mischief and loaded mischief up with a basket of blades and all the other heavy stuff I managed to collect. Said and done, I sent Mischief home with an axe to his back.

While Mischief was in transit I found this odd basket in my basket. I dropped it but the damn thing was still in my basket. I dropped another one, and again and again.... weird. I tried to pick up the first one I dropped but it was too heavy. I opened it and the sight looked familiar. In it were 3 saw blades and lots of other heavy stuff - it looked like a copy of the basket Mischief currently had on his back.

This obviously had to be a bug so i deleted the basket on the ground and <poof> all the other baskets went away at the same time. The only basket left was the one in my basket, which I no longer could drop.

Anyway, Mischief finally got home and I happily went to sort the stuff in his basket, only there were nothing to sort because he no longer had a basket on his back.

Tried to get hold of a guide but they were not online.

Lessons learned: Don't put all your eggs in one basket.

Yeah I've ran into similar bugs with bins seemingly 'copying' themselves.
    What is actually happening is the reference to the inventory of the bin is being copied, not the bin and the items themselves, that's why when you deleted one, it deleted all of them.
    The strange thing in your example though is you were actually able to drop multiple instances, which I haven't ever been able to do myself.
    Normally if I try to do anything with the bin after it is 'copied' I get an inventory request error.
    I would recommend that if something like this happens again, immediately transfer the contents of the bugged bin into another regular bin, then delete the bug bin.

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by thepreston View Post
    Yeah I've ran into similar bugs with bins seemingly 'copying' themselves.
    What is actually happening is the reference to the inventory of the bin is being copied, not the bin and the items themselves, that's why when you deleted one, it deleted all of them.
    The strange thing in your example though is you were actually able to drop multiple instances, which I haven't ever been able to do myself.
    Normally if I try to do anything with the bin after it is 'copied' I get an inventory request error.
    I would recommend that if something like this happens again, immediately transfer the contents of the bugged bin into another regular bin, then delete the bug bin.
    Off Topic !!!

BTW: if you re-log then this bug is gone - its a client side bug ... (at least it was one), the tip from preston is valid - do not mess around with bugged baskets - the best thing to do is to re-log, then everything should be back to normal. Deleting the basket is not a good idea in my opinion.
    Last edited by tomduril; 01-03-2013 at 08:19 AM. Reason: typos