View Poll Results: How are you going to play?

Voters
311. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm a Hermit, I'm going it alone!

66 21.22%
  • A small group of friends (2-9).

92 29.58%
  • A thriving town of folks! (10+)

124 39.87%
  • Don't know yet.

29 9.32%
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Xsyon Citizen
    Alone is Good. 8)

I want to be in a small/medium tribe, but it will not be unusual for me to strike off alone for days at a time. I need these lone walkabouts for my own sanity and spiritual practice.

I'm a happy member of Eagles Nest with 30+ members. Hopefully that won't change after launch.

zeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrg

Quote Originally Posted by Zenmaster13 View Post
    Oh my, just getting out of your teens hey?

Here is a way to turn any ganker/griefer into an instant carebear. If you grief/gank (not talking about pvp), have a system that locks up the griefer in some kind of jail system. Don't let them out until they serve thier sentence. I am sure not one griefer would be ok with this as they are the ultimate carebears. They only fight at thier advantage, and if they are punished, they rant more vocally than any non-ganking person in the game. It has been the same in any game with pvp, that I have played.

The only people that want no safe-zones are griefers. I have yet to see one valid arguement against some form of safe zone.
    i hate how people throw around the definition of griefing like this...what is the point of competing with a tribe if all you are allowed to do is line up like it's the 1700's. I enjoy the more subtle aspect of this game: sneaking into other tribal land and destroying resources, ganking a member of said tribe once they are out of the safe zone, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Raizure View Post
    i hate how people throw around the definition of griefing like this...what is the point of competing with a tribe if all you are allowed to do is line up like it's the 1700's. I enjoy the more subtle aspect of this game: sneaking into other tribal land and destroying resources, ganking a member of said tribe once they are out of the safe zone, etc.
    You can hate on a definition all you want. It doesn't make it any less true. I am not throwing anything around. I have been gaming for a long time, and when you are intelligent, you can see the same patterns

Not sure why your idea of war is based on 1700s, as most wars have opposing sides lined up on a battlefront. Now if you are talking about special forces, etc. then I coud see your point.

If you would care to actually argue against points, please do. Attacking someone outside of safe zone is part of the game btw. Not sure why you made that point. If you are a griefer, and just don't have the courage to admit it, please don't try to disguise it under some veil of legitimate play. PVP is not equal to griefing. If you don't want to be punished immersively, then don't grief. I have yet to see anyone make a valid argument against severe punishement to what would be considered a murderer. They want to kill anywhere for immersion purposes, but don't want the full immersion of the punishment for the action. Pretty weak in my opinion.

How am I going to play?

Still solo.

Even if I have to kill every last one of you a thousand times each to do it.

*Slaps on some blue war paint.*

You all are in for it now.

Quote Originally Posted by ifireallymust View Post
    How am I going to play?

Still solo.

Even if I have to kill every last one of you a thousand times each to do it.

*Slaps on some blue war paint.*

You all are in for it now.
    I'm relieved to read this post. For awhile there, I was really worried about you ifireallymust. Your forum spam posts in the last couple of days made me think perhaps all the angst and rage you were displaying would lead to a very unhealthy mental state for you.

Now I see it was just rollplaying and you were having a bit of fun with us.

Good job! You had me going there for a bit.

China

Quote Originally Posted by China View Post
    I'm relieved to read this post. For awhile there, I was really worried about you ifireallymust. Your forum spam posts in the last couple of days made me think perhaps all the angst and rage you were displaying would lead to a very unhealthy mental state for you.

Now I see it was just rollplaying and you were having a bit of fun with us.

Good job! You had me going there for a bit.

China
    Oh don't get me wrong, I'm genuinely pissed off about this. And disgusted. But you're safe in your real homes. Your pixelated ones, maybe not so much. And no, my sarcasm meter isn't off, I'm just choosing to respond seriously to this.

On a side note, I'll kill the solo players when I catch them, too, since obviously the idiots can't be bothered to come into this thread and defend themselves, let them die, too.

Quote Originally Posted by ifireallymust View Post
    Oh don't get me wrong, I'm genuinely pissed off about this. And disgusted. But you're safe in your real homes. Your pixelated ones, maybe not so much. And no, my sarcasm meter isn't off, I'm just choosing to respond seriously to this.

On a side note, I'll kill the solo players when I catch them, too, since obviously the idiots can't be bothered to come into this thread and defend themselves, let them die, too.
    YOU HAVE TO FIND ME FIRST!!!!!