Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ifireallymust View Post
    Compassion without logic is probably one of the most dangerous traits our species possesses.

You won't get developers to 'fix' their games by calling for them to keep macroing against the rules yet not punish the rule breakers. All that will do is cause rule followers to quit.

If the game has something wrong with it, you tell the developers what you think is wrong. If that doesn't change anything, you stop playing. Go outside, feed the hungry or something. Talk with your wallet, in other words.

What do you think the majority of the community's response would be if tomorrow it was announced that macros are allowed, and a thread providing helpful tips on how to macro was given?
    Bill Gates Will Finnally Complete His Goal Of World Domination? *shrug*

Compassion without logic is probably one of the most dangerous traits our species possesses.
    Lol, please elaborate, because personally I think you are completely full of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Belight View Post
    Lol, please elaborate, because personally I think you are completely full of shit.
    Well Belight i think he (d3m0nd0) is right on that one. You have to have logic to your compassion. We the human race can understand math, science, anything to do with material world, but when it comes to spiritual, we stumble on that. Thats my point.

I'm sorry, I missed your ex- justi- I mean your reasoning behind your logic. How is failing to punish macroing while keeping macroing against the rules good for gaming? How will asking that macroers not be punished for breaking the rules improve a game's features?

Or is it that you think macroing should not be against the rules in Xsyon? If that is the case, kindly describe what you think the reaction of the majority of the playerbase would be if macroing were allowed in this game? Would most players be happy about that, do you think?

I'm sorry, I missed your ex- justi- I mean your reasoning behind your logic. How is failing to punish macroing while keeping macroing against the rules good for gaming? How will asking that macroers not be punished for breaking the rules improve a game's features?

Or is it that you think macroing should not be against the rules in Xsyon? If that is the case, kindly describe what you think the reaction of the majority of the playerbase would be if macroing were allowed in this game? Would most players be happy about that, do you think?
    I'm sorry, I'm refering specifically to your "Compassion without logic" statement that I think is just completely asenine.

I'm sorry, I'm refering specifically to your "Compassion without logic" statement that I think is just completely asenine.
    I'm sorry, but you have yet to show any logic in your argument against punishing macroers. You are simply making personal attacks now. Please try to answer the questions. I don't think they're difficult.

Xsyon Citizen
    Pretty sure they can enforce it in most cases. The most blatant cases, anyway.
    How do we have people with 90+ hiding then? Do you really think the devs are sitting on their hands because they're afraid to ban people? Myself, I think it's because they don't have the capability or resources do enforce the ban.

You know, in a way I have to agree with you. Compassion is a good thing. Even a great thing. But in the absence of logical guidance it can be a really bad thing in the long-term. Like all the government funded housing programs and welfare. It's great that the United States feels the need to take care of all of its citizens, and even humans in general. But people are taking advantage of these programs and many of the children I teach think that everything must be handed to them. The work ethic is crap because there are few consequences to being lazy.

But logic without compassion can be just as dangerous.

I think anything without logic is dangerous.

But to say "Compassion without logic is probably one of the most dangerous traits our species possesses." while offering only condemnation without logic is just absurd.

And to say my arguments have lacked in logic is also pretty silly. I've done my best to offer nothing but well thought out solutions and features. I'd say I've brought alot more to the table than the people who's solutions run no deeper than "Ban the cheaters!".

Which is more logical?

A. Creating a police force for a video game that must be paid a salary while operating for the duration of the game's life, they also must research issues, send out e-mails, double research issues of dispute, while requiring many people and tons of man hours to ban accounts and reduce their own income.

B. Some development time and one patch that fixes the game feature(s) so it is not macro friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
    How do we have people with 90+ hiding then? Do you really think the devs are sitting on their hands because they're afraid to ban people? Myself, I think it's because they don't have the capability or resources do enforce the ban.
    Know what, I shouldn't even have gone there. I'm not going to speculate anymore on what has been done or what will be done about the problem. I don't have the information, and it's not my decision to make. I'm going to keep this to debating players who want macroing to either be allowed, or to stay against the rules yet be tolerated by Notorious Games. I want to know which players think macroing should no longer be against the ToS and which ones want it to stay against the rules but without any consequences for those who violate the rules. Because without even knowing who is who, how can the issue be debated? It's two separate issues!

I think anything without logic is dangerous.

But to say "Compassion without logic is probably one of the most dangerous traits our species possesses." while offering only condemnation without logic is just absurd.

And to say my arguments have lacked in logic is also pretty silly. I've dont my best to offer nothing but well thought out solutions, features, and logic.
    Which pro-macroer are you? Are you someone who wants macroing to not be against the rules, or are you someone who wants it to stay against the rules, but without punishment for the rule breakers?