View Poll Results: Wipe after they fix server issues?

Voters
286. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

135 47.20%
  • No

151 52.80%
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxAlpha View Post
    You perfectly matched my expectations Tehralph.

However:

It is not set in stone that the whole database is messed up, but there is a great chance it may have effect on other database rows which may not even be used at this early stage of the game. I, with my limited knowledge of databases, think it is better to prevent bigger problems which may occur in future. Nobody looses something with a wipe, keep in mind it is still a game.

It is interesting that you of all people feel so insulted (which was not my intention) by my little footnote, but now you said your little pearl of wisodm and I hope you feel better now.
    Your logic has flaw. Wipe when the database has issues. Well, 5 minutes or 5 weeks, it has an impact. Do you suggest we wipe EVERY time we have an issue with the game? It cant be done, and not making exceptions is what every company needs to stick to.

If there actually are database issues requiring a wipe, I would hope someone was on the ball enough to tell us before we sink more time into this mess.

Check Jooky's new edition to the Updates thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Tehralph View Post
    Your logic has flaw. Wipe when the database has issues. Well, 5 minutes or 5 weeks, it has an impact. Do you suggest we wipe EVERY time we have an issue with the game? It cant be done, and not making exceptions is what every company needs to stick to.
    No one suggests to wipe every time there is an issue with a game and yes, 5 min or 5 weeks wipe have an impact. However, wiping a DB after 5min has much lesser impact on a everyone than after 5 weeks. It is simply safer to choose to do it now while no one progressed anywhere yet then be forced to do so in 5 weeks because of some serious flaw which was not noticed before. No, not making exceptions is not what companies need to do. What they need, is to make rational decisions which are efficient and benefit them in a long run.

Says theres a possibility, and admits not even they know what the issue really is. So I vote we all just shut the fuck up and wait for the verdict.

I agree with you on the statement that there should be no exceptions. But right now the game has just started and this situation is not comparable to small glitches which may happen at a later state of the game. Right now nobody looses something, you just played a few hours with enormous lags and downtimes...

It is clearly a database issue that people are moved from one tribe to another. From a company view you either have to check the WHOLE database for any other glitches, even for features which may not be in game at this moment i.e. Ranged Weapons - I don't think you would like to shoot yourself due to a database glitch which happened at the start just as a POSSIBLE example - or make a small wipe which does not affect you too much, since you have been playing with huge lags. I only prefer the wipe because from my personal experience I know how huge database problems may affect a game experience for everyone.

I am not a database pro, my knowledge is very limited, but is this assumption really so far off track ?

Quote Originally Posted by FoxAlpha View Post
    I agree with you on the statement that there should be no exceptions. But right now the game has just started and this situation is not comparable to small glitches which may happen at a later state of the game. Right now nobody looses something, you just played a few hours with enormous lags and downtimes...

It is clearly a database issue that people are moved from one tribe to another. From a company view you either have to check the WHOLE database for any other glitches, even for features which may not be in game at this moment i.e. Ranged Weapons - I don't think you would like to shoot yourself due to a database glitch which happened at the start just as a POSSIBLE example - or make a small wipe which does not affect you too much, since you have been playing with huge lags. I only prefer the wipe because from my personal experience I know how huge database problems may affect a game experience for everyone.

I am not a database pro, my knowledge is very limited, but is this assumption really so far off track ?
    Well say it is a database issue, if they can fix it without wiping, it wouldnt be so hard for these people to just leave the tribe and head to the right place. I think wiping would put more of a hassle on more people than it would the people who got put into a random tribe.

torrent is up. And i think we will see another wipe because our tribe was not the only one who created a tribe placed a totem than crash and than the totem was still there but the tribe was kinda gone and everyone was in another tribe......

I say yes. We got our spot but it doesn't matter, it took us 3 hours but I don't care. Just announce when the servers will go back up and file people through. We'll all appreciate it once we get in game and don't deal with 1.2 KS lag.

The only reason to need a wipe is if there are data base issues which they can not fix otherwise. No amount of whining should be justification for a wipe. Everyone has had the same chances as everyone else. I didnt get one plot I wanted, but I'm ok with moving and trying for my next option. No on the wipe unless there is no other option to fix bugs.