Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thank you

Cool Great Patch

Aside from a few (expected) bugs, this was a very nice patch. I didn't get to play much last night so I can't comment on everything but I love the mini map, it looks great. The added chat tabs are well appreciated especially with the combat span but the thing I found most entertaining was the animal AI.

I ran into several animals while testing things last night, a mule deer, cat, and a couple bears. The first was a bear swimming down by the river below us which looked very cool from up above. When I got close he agro'd and I ran back to camp to see what it would do. It chased me up the granite hill and around our camp for a bit, but couldn't get through the open gate. That was a bit disappointing as it makes the gates pointless, but when he decided to try another way, he ran around the camp and came in the only unfinished wall, so not too bad. After that I went out and found another bear on the granite hill behind us. I thought he was stuck until I got close and then he came for me. This one did better trying to get to me on my roof. He ran a huge circle around our place and came at me from an another direction. When he again couldn't get to me, he stood there for a short bit, then casually started walking back up our road and over the hill which is what a bear would do.

Last is the ambient sounds. Though the sounds are great and even entertaining for a while, I think it might be a bit over kill. Birds and crickets sounds or rustling leaves etc are great, but when you can hear animals growling around you that are not there, that doesn't work. I think the animal sounds should be proximity sounds to an actual animal.
    Unless I had dogs, coyotes, racoons etc near me that I couldn't see, but I don't think so
    All in all a great patch from what I saw last night, and I can't wait to get in game tonight to play around a bit more. Thanks for the great job.

I agree with about everything you said Willow, and in particular the ambient sounds. It adds lots of immersion that was missing before, but I would like the coyote/bear/deer/etc sounds to corresponde with their proximity to me. It would make me pay attention and be alert to danger.

So a bit more work on that dev team and you will have made it almost perfect.

China

Quote Originally Posted by China View Post
    I agree with about everything you said Willow, and in particular the ambient sounds. It adds lots of immersion that was missing before, but I would like the coyote/bear/deer/etc sounds to corresponde with their proximity to me. It would make me pay attention and be alert to danger.

So a bit more work on that dev team and you will have made it almost perfect.

China
    Isnt it already based on range? If they are out of range you wont hear them.

It's hilarious how people think a patch will solve all the problems. Usually they just bring along even more bugs than what they fixed. You should have gotten use to such a thing from other MMO's by now.

Anywho, this patch is really awesome and adds a whole new immersion level to this game. It's a HUGE step in the right direction. .

Quote Originally Posted by VeryWiiTee View Post
    It's hilarious how people think a patch will solve all the problems. Usually they just bring along even more bugs than what they fixed. You should have gotten use to such a thing from other MMO's by now.

Anywho, this patch is really awesome and adds a whole new immersion level to this game. It's a HUGE step in the right direction. .
    Normally, when I play MMO's they have no where near this many problems when they are released. So yes patches (normally large patches) fix most if not all problems.
    Some patches do have a few problems that that come with it, but they fix normally an arm list of problems when the game is this messed up.

I dont know what MMO's you are talking about, but Ive played a LOT of MMO's and patches FIX a lot more than they break, not break a lot more than they fix. I believe Xsyon team is doing the best they can with what they got, but try not to sugar coat what this is. These are small patches very small, that are lacking in many factors. The game is doing poorly, and it needs some good patches to fix these major issues that are going on. These patches that are coming out, are poorly tested, and not fixing much. You are asking like this is normal for an MMO. This is normal for an MMO in alpha or early beta. Late beta or released types of games this state of game isnt normal.

Angry TROLL, TROLL, TROLL

Again another thread highjacked by the same miserable trolls that ruin this forum. The original post was thanking the developers for their efforts, NOT a complaint board. You want to complain, go for it, but start your own "whiners" thread. Then at least the rest of us can ignore that thread and don't have to continually read your sniveling and whining.

Quote MrDDT "Pointing out issues doesnt mean people dont appreciate the effort.
    Also stop trolling, even in your own threads, its getting old"

He is not trolling when he asks if anyone else appreciated the patch when his OP was "Thanking" the Developers for their efforts. You calling anyone else a troll would be laughable if this whole situation wasn't so pathetic.

I am so sick of this. Xsyon again I ask you why do you allow this agitator on this forum?

"Ignore" is nothing more than a gesture and doesn't keep trolls from hijacking every thread. It doesn't work anyway since the forum continues to log people off when inactive, and ignore only functions if you are logged in to your account.

Quote Originally Posted by Willowhawk View Post
    Again another thread highjacked by the same miserable trolls that ruin this forum. The original post was thanking the developers for their efforts, NOT a complaint board. You want to complain, go for it, but start your own "whiners" thread. Then at least the rest of us can ignore that thread and don't have to continually read your sniveling and whining.

Quote MrDDT "Pointing out issues doesnt mean people dont appreciate the effort.
    Also stop trolling, even in your own threads, its getting old"

He is not trolling when he asks if anyone else appreciated the patch when his OP was "Thanking" the Developers for their efforts. You calling anyone else a troll would be laughable if this whole situation wasn't so pathetic.

I am so sick of this. Xsyon again I ask you why do you allow this agitator on this forum?

"Ignore" is nothing more than a gesture and doesn't keep trolls from hijacking every thread. It doesn't work anyway since the forum continues to log people off when inactive, and ignore only functions if you are logged in to your account.

Trolling is when you are not addressing the topic and only posting to bring a response from the person you are posting at without regard to what the thread is about.

Which would be like this post here, which is one of the few if only posts Ive made that would be considered trolling.

Notice how you (nor me in this post) talk about the topic? We are talking to each other about something other than what the topic is about.

I understand you might not like me, and you are a fanboi. But my posts are not trolling posts. If he or others dont want people posting on a thread, then send private messages. Threads are meant to be talked about and people to give opinions. If you dont like mine thats fine, debate it on the topic, instead of non stop attacking the poster (in this case me).

Just by your post here, you can see how childish you are becoming. Focus on the topic and I doubt people will call you a troll. At least I wont.

So pathetic calling DDT a troll Willow. If DDTs a troll then so are you. DDT is simply stating what he knows to be wrong with the game. I'm sure he likes a few things in this patch.

If these patches weren't breaking more than they fixed, why do you think the development has taken so long to get anything done?

It's because they have to fix and balance a large amount of things in a patch they just released. Just think of how long combat has been worked on here.

Desync
    Animal AI
    Natural reseeding of trees
    Architecture parts
    Combat revamp
    and this most recent patch, which I admit has some nice things but added big problems

^^ Xsyon major features in 6 months

I don't think this game has a chance of being very populated again, unless a sort of "release 2.0" comes out after the game is nicely polished (could be years).

This release 2.0 would be the end of "prelude" (a prelude to what, the real apocalypse and survival?) and the start of contested territories and expansion totems...well I can hope.

"So pathetic calling DDT a troll Willow. If DDTs a troll then so are you. DDT is simply stating what he knows to be wrong with the game"

The original point of this post by mac was to thank the developers for their hard work. The title was not "What's still wrong with this game" It was in fact "Thank you"

I didn't hijack this thread, it was already done by others, but whats new.

It may have been done by others, but what's new is that ya'll will stand up and get it back on track.

Because I don't know the updates or how it's implemented I don't know the content well enough to say thanks, but I have other things to be thankful of, so THANKS.