Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pendergraft View Post
    Yes, blame the victim. I suppose rape victims had it coming, eh? EH?
    Whoa, whoa I'm talking in game. In the real world people aren't supposed to walk through life thinking they will get raped at any second. But this is a game of survival, yoru thoughts should be on surviving.

On a personal note if you rape someone you should be castrated.....just saying.

As a social experiment, I find Xsyon's player population rather ghastly. If what I'm hearing is true, the only reason most people here are (presumably) civil in reality is because they fear punishment. As there is no punishment in Xsyon, they free themselves from the burdensome constraints of morality and commence with the anal rapings.

As a social experiment, I find Xsyon's player population rather ghastly. If what I'm hearing is true, the only reason most people here are (presumably) civil in reality is because they fear punishment. As there is no punishment in Xsyon, they free themselves from the burdensome constraints of morality and commence with the anal rapings.
    Welcome to the internet.

It'd seem, then, that if one wanted to make Xsyon especially challenging -- barring any type of permadeath system -- they should attempt to not be a loathsome human being.

It'd seem, then, that if one wanted to make Xsyon especially challenging -- barring any type of permadeath system -- they should attempt to not be a loathsome human being.
    ? not quite sure what you mean by this but if you have difficulty seperating game world and real word you may need to take a break from the computer....

Ah! But the conscience does not come with an on/off switch. We are inseparable from ourselves, or, as the great philosopher Buckaroo Banzai would have put it, wherever you go, there you are.

Ah! But the conscience does not come with an on/off switch. We are inseparable from ourselves, or, as the great philosopher Buckaroo Banzai would have put it, wherever you go, there you are.
    Yes but humans have a way of detaching themselves from their dominant personality. Also humans have dual natures about them; even the best person can have some of the worst thoughts. If we weren't capable of playing a role more evil than ourselves their would not be actors. So while our actions in RL are different in a fictional world it does not mean those people are w/o morals.

Silly, silly dreamer. Did you think any human being on earth wasn't constrained more by fear of punishment than any moral compass? What do you think religion is for? Instilling fear in wrongdoers, and 'wrongdoer' is always and only defined by the dominant community.

We are beasts, the worst you can imagine cannot describe how awful we truly are as a species.

But I envy you and everyone else who thinks otherwise. I did, once. Knowing the truth is actually not a good thing. So carry on with your delusions of what our species really is, and I'll disturb your peace no more.

Quote Originally Posted by ifireallymust View Post
    Silly, silly dreamer. Did you think any human being on earth wasn't constrained more by fear of punishment than any moral compass? What do you think religion is for? Instilling fear in wrongdoers, and 'wrongdoer' is always and only defined by the dominant community.

We are beasts, the worst you can imagine cannot describe how awful we truly are as a species.

But I envy you and everyone else who thinks otherwise. I did, once. Knowing the truth is actually not a good thing. So carry on with your delusions of what our species really is, and I'll disturb your peace no more.
    an individual is intelligent the masses are idiots....I don't remember who said it first lol. I agree humans as a species can be quite disgusting but there are those out there that do have a moral compass not because of rules but because the feel that they know what is right.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfmoonstrike View Post
    an individual is intelligent the masses are idiots....I don't remember who said it first lol. I agree humans as a species can be quite disgusting but there are those out there that do have a moral compass not because of rules but because the feel that they know what is right.
    We can't be sure of that. The most readily violent and dangerous citizens are the youngest, that's why, in some ways, children make such good soldiers. Turn a child into a killer at the age of 8, and he or she has no moral compass, or not much of one, and can readily learn to delight in cruelty.

Because of this, we cannot really, as adults, separate 'natural' morality (which after all would have to be encoded in our DNA or simply not exist) from conditioned morality.

I resisted this for decades, and I doubt anyone is more unhappy about it than I am. But logic and reason indicate to me that this, however unpleasant, is the truth.