Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast
    I can easily drop a homestead totem right before i murder someone. They won't be able to hit me back. System is flawed. Either make it so no one can hit anyone, or make it so you can defend yourself if attacked. Why the argument of people stealing is of concern I don't know. You can set basket permissions.

Quote Originally Posted by phreak View Post
    vaporware.
    Orlynaoh?

Quote Originally Posted by Dontaze_Mebro View Post
    I can easily drop a homestead totem right before i murder someone. They won't be able to hit me back. System is flawed. Either make it so no one can hit anyone, or make it so you can defend yourself if attacked. Why the argument of people stealing is of concern I don't know. You can set basket permissions.
    You can only do that every 6 hours....I don't think it is much to worry about plus they can simply run out of the area and hit you back

I still don't understand the concerns. If an evil player attacks you in his tribe area you are able to fight back. If a good one does the same without you being flagged for stealing he will lose his alignment and you'll be able to fight back, if not instantly then after 1-2 kills. No good player would risk losing his safe zone for an easy kill. If he have wanted to do that he would have chosen evil on the first place.

If you are flagged for stealing the area owner has the right to kill you. Without this mechanic small tribes and solo players wouldn't have any chance to protect their resources inside their area. 5-10 players would just run in, grab all the resources there and walk away.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    I still don't understand the concerns. If an evil player attacks you in his tribe area you are able to fight back. If a good one does the same without you being flagged for stealing he will lose his alignment and you'll be able to fight back, if not instantly then after 1-2 kills. No good player would risk losing his safe zone for an easy kill. If he have wanted to do that he would have chosen evil on the first place.

If you are flagged for stealing the area owner has the right to kill you. Without this mechanic small tribes and solo players wouldn't have any chance to protect their resources inside their area. 5-10 players would just run in, grab all the resources there and walk away.
    That is not true. It is not specified how many kills it will take to loose notariety and they have not even tested their not and flagging system which considering what else doesn't work is quite scary huh?

The fact that i can be attacked and not defend myself is an appaling thought

Quote Originally Posted by Chevron View Post
    That is not true. It is not specified how many kills it will take to loose notariety and they have not even tested their not and flagging system which considering what else doesn't work is quite scary huh?

I know its not working now, but it should be by launch. If it was working properly and good players would lose alignment after 1-2 kills (good/neutral victims), would you be satisfied with the system ?

Quote Originally Posted by Chevron View Post
    You can defend yourself by not going into their territory.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr View Post
    100% true

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr View Post
    So no one should bother trying to do totem missions for fear of being ganked on delivery?

Quote Originally Posted by Dontaze_Mebro View Post
    So no one should bother trying to do totem missions for fear of being ganked on delivery?
    The only people who would fear entering another tribes land are those that have reason to fear doing so.

For example, I wandered into an area of a tribe and they contronted me, we talked, I informed them I ment them no harm and stated I can as a friend to trade. We spoke, traded and I left. I now return to them from time to time to trade or chat, they know who I am and I am free to wander across their land.

the only reason you think this is a broken mechanic is because you have not taken the time to find the social solution to the mechanic.

Again, the only people who need fear this mechanic are those who bring a reason with them into enemy territory. Communication and accepting responsibility for the consequences of your actions are a far better defence.